Invasive and creepy just visiting her grave, and even worse publishing a photo online of himself at her grave to flog his reductive career of impersonating Madonna, it's all just too vile :sick::thumbsdown:

Theres nothing wrong with visiting the grave, it's public but mimicking Madonna's mourning of her mother, dressed as Madonna is too much. Impersonators, you either love them or hate them, sometimes they're fun, and it's interesting to see looks recreated but sometimes the line has to be drawn. As iconic as Madonna might be as an image, she's a person, and they should remember that.

I've seen MJ impersonators going to his gravesite and I don't know what to make of it myself. :huh:

Madonna visited her mother's grave in True or Dare. She sort of made the whole thing trivial. Not suggesting this fan has a right to do the same. But Madonna did it first and other lesser persons will follow.

Madonna visited her mother's grave in True or Dare. She sort of made the whole thing trivial. Not suggesting this fan has a right to do the same. But Madonna did it first and other lesser persons will follow.

That's true but it's not just a scene in her movie, it's reality for Madonna. It's not like mimicking Like a Prayer.

Does this impersonator look like this naturally?

I don't think that was trivial at all. Madonna's grief over her mother is real. If this person wasn't impersonating Madonna would they have ever bothered to visit this particular woman's grave? No one considers intentions or meanings behind anything anymore. It's all about what people see on the surface. Because Madonna shared visiting her mother's grave then well that makes it perfectly acceptable for everyone in the world to visit and take pictures with the grave of a woman they didn't

mourn?

Mmm. Maybe this guy is SO into Madonna that he wants to share her journey (for want of a better word) with her. Perhaps posting this photo is his way of showing his 'commitment' to Madonna? I can see why it rankles fans here but I'm sure his intention is not to be disrespectful. I think he might need to be less obsessed with her.

Guest Rachelle of London

Fair enough if you visit, but even I find that odd. But why go to impersonate Madonna and then post the bloody evidence! Sorry but I can't deal with these fans that clearly need psychological help.

Mmm. Maybe this guy is SO into Madonna that he wants to share her journey (for want of a better word) with her. Perhaps posting this photo is his way of showing his 'commitment' to Madonna? I can see why it rankles fans here but I'm sure his intention is not to be disrespectful. I think he might need to be less obsessed with her.

I agree with you that I don't think he was trying to be disrespectful. The difference for me was whether he went there for Madonna's mother because Madonna has shared a lot about her mother and people might want to visit her grave or is he there taking a picture because he's a Madonnna impersonator?

I just think that Madonna's reason for visiting her mother's grave and his reasons for visiting her mother's grave are very different.

Guest Rachelle of London

What would be the point of visiting her mothers grave? I fail to see how her mothers gravesite is any relevance to any of her fans.

I always found very disturbing that moment when she visits her mother's grave in TOD. I've always thought that there are parts of ourselves that shouldn't be showed to everyone, and that scene is too private and has too many feelings to be shared in a film.

I think it's brave of M to show her visiting her mother's grave. Being open about our vulnerability can be a good thing in life. Besides, aside from the occasional songs, Madonna never milked her mother's death or talked about visiting her grave for the rest of her career. For me, it felt genuine.

It didn't bother me since she had sung songs about her mother and discussed her in interviews before. The laying down on the grave I think bothered a lot of people.

And the fact that she did not know where it was located. But she has said her father shut down and did not discuss her mother with them after her death, so it's quite possible they never visited the gravesite as a family.

That picture posted above is strange. That looks like a young girl, but it must be a man because of the name? And an adult, since it is allegedly a professional impersonator. Doesn't even look like her.

Stop bashing! Some people like to take pictures of famous graveyards. Let's not forget Jim Morrison or Elvis or Marylin.. plenty of people visit their tombs and as evidence they take pictures.. Madonna's mother is not famous but Madonna kind of made her famous in the heart of her fans.. Truth Or Dare and other songs and videos in which she's clearly referring to her mother..

Personally, i wouldn't go but if someone considers Madonna's mother a major celebrity like the ones i mentioned above who am i to judge??

Edited by MeakMaker

And how can people bash Madonna for her mother tribute segment in Truth Or Dare??

Yes, it was staged and it was made for a film but that doesn't mean it wasn't heartfelt or sincere... if i have to pick a moment from the documentary in which i feel genuinely moved and connected to her as a human being i have to say it's during the Promise To Try part.. Of course, it was ahead of its time and people did not get it back then but now in 2014 with reality tv reaching the depth of every human behavior it comes across intimate and as a sincere piece of art.. We see cancer sufferers and drug addiction.. they openly talk about death.. entire series dedicating to people committing crimes.. Showing her mother's grave yard made perfect sense to me it's a pity people didn't get that...

As far as I know, Chris is a girl and I'm a little inbetween on the issue. If I was in the area, naturally, I'd like to know where she grew up, if we could pass the house, her fathers vineyard and yes, the cemetery. I mean, what would be the point of passing it, if not to go see m's mom's grave?

Honestly, she doesn't mean it in offense. Maybe she's just wrapped up in this social media world. This is how she looks everyday btw.

I think I'd go and if I took a pic of it, it'd be of the headstone and maybe flowers I brought, but not of me posing...

So who am I to criticize her for her way if taking a picture.

Idk, it's one of those weird things...