Pussy Riot about M

Pressston

I'm sure I can't be the only one who cares more about the smell of of cat's litter box what that these (what is it, 3, 4 girls) ungrateful bitches think about Madonna. I can't believe there are 6 pages about this here.

Guest Xanthium

Ok, so now that it's clear that they werent' shading Madge..

... will some people here suddenly respect Pussy Riot again? :chuckle:

Probably, knowing how some of the fools are around here.

I think some of you aren't realizing that freedom fighter is an actual term referring to resistance fighters. It's not just some over-encompassing slang term that refers to anyone who is political or is an outspoken activist/philanthropist. Read a book, people.

edit...Trying to think of a description of talking down to people by calling them fools that sounds better than arrogant but I can't.

Whether or not some fans agreed with them laughing at Madonna or not, many seemed to believe the exchange happened. So you KNEW from the start that they were NOT in fact laughing at Madonna? Freedom fighter can mean different kinds of freedom and different kinds of fighting. If your stuck in absolutes than maybe you should read a book and maybe not call people fools who see another way of looking at things which Madonna herself is able to do.

People who are running the world with absolutes and making sure they are correcting everyone on what they can and can't do when their intention is positive is not very free thinking.

Guest Xanthium

edit...Trying to think of a description of talking down to people by calling them fools that sounds better than arrogant but I can't.

Whether or not some fans agreed with them laughing at Madonna or not, many seemed to believe the exchange happened. So you KNEW from the start that they were NOT in fact laughing at Madonna? Freedom fighter can mean different kinds of freedom and different kinds of fighting. If your stuck in absolutes than maybe you should read a book and maybe not call people fools who see another way of looking at things which Madonna herself is able to do.

People who are running the world with absolutes and making sure they are correcting everyone on what they can and can't do when their intention is positive is not very free thinking.

Freedom Fighter

noun

a person who takes part in a violent struggle to achieve a political goal, esp. in order to overthrow their government.

This is the definition of freedom fighter. It's not my fault that you want to to stretch its meaning to fit your own agenda. Words do have concrete meaning, that's why we have dictionaries. If you have a problem with that take it up with Merriam-Webster.

Madonna calls frida kahlo a freedom fighter, you're gonna call her a fool and tell her to read a book as well? it's not so black and white. calling people fools or telling them to lecture themselves is always easy, isn't it? don't flatter yourself, you're only coming across as very arrogant.

Guest Xanthium

Madonna calls frida kahlo a freedom fighter, you're gonna call her a fool and tell her to read a book as well? it's not so black and white. calling people fools or telling them to lecture themselves is always easy, isn't it? don't flatter yourself, you're only coming across as very arrogant.

I don't really give a fuck my dear.

Freedom Fighter

noun

a person who takes part in a violent struggle to achieve a political goal, esp. in order to overthrow their government.

This is the definition of freedom fighter. It's not my fault that you want to to stretch its meaning to fit your own agenda. Words do have concrete meaning, that's why we have dictionaries. If you have a problem with that take it up with Merriam-Webster.

There are other descriptions and the dictionary does change so I don't have to take it up with Merriam-Webster. The Merriam- Webster dictionary is not the same one that was around in the 1940's and I'm sure it will change in the future as people change which is what needs to happen in order to grow.

Isn't Madonna's intention when she called herself a freedom fighter more important than the words?

I'm not going to argue semantics with you. I choose to use the official definition and you don't. End of.

Oh for fucks sake what's the matter with people thinking madonna is a freedom fighter in her own way! And most importantly what makes the official definition god over any other interpretation??? Can we stop this and be open to other opinions instead of being snappy and bitchy? My god! It's not that deep!

Freedom Fighter

noun

I'm not going to argue semantics with you. I choose to use the official definition and you don't. End of.

Oh for fucks sake what's the matter with people thinking madonna is a freedom fighter in her own way! And most importantly what makes the official definition god over any other interpretation??? Can we stop this and be open to other opinions instead of being snappy and bitchy? My god! It's not that deep!

:clap:

Most languages are dynamic, not static. Especially English, one of the world's lingua francas.

Sometimes it can definitely be helpful to explicitly spell out the definition ONE is using. Dictating others to subscribe to one's definition or scorning them if they don't is probably not very helpful on a discussion forum. :old:

Now that we've got the video i edited the title and the thread cause it seems it's not as bad as it's been reported.

What Pressston is saying is spot on. ( keep posting here Pressston, We all love passionate fans like you and you belong here :kiss2: )

When you see the video, it is not as bad as when it is just described or being reported. Also when Kilt kindly interpreted it for us, it also showed that they were not having a direct go at Madonna. These girls don't speak English so they are also relying on interpreted questions etc in interviews. I don't really think they were trying to diminish Madonna at all, just had awkward body language.

Maybe they are beng all "punk" and going against the establishment, like Madonna.

:chuckle:

Madonna? bwahahahaha that mainstream old whore? Lets rebel!!!! :headbang::wacko:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girlllll that was PURE shade! :rotfl: and kinda rude tbh.

I don't like it.

She could have just giggled & answered the question but did she have CHUCKLE & INHALE DEEPLY like that, I mean DAMN :rotfl:

She DID say Madonna was 'cool' so Imma ride with that.