Pussy Riot about M

Pressston

Frankly i rolled my eyes too when i read Madonna's press release about the Amnesty concert where she introduced The Pussy riots as "my fellow freedom fighters". I hope she won't say it again as she'll introduce them onstage.

On the other hand i'm not fond of Pussy Riots, i found what they did pueril and silly but i supported them because their punishment was disproportioned. I'm still keeping my judgement to myself though, i wanna know better what they stand for because another supposedly feminist group from eastern Europe, The Femen turned out to be horrible islamophobic cunts and their top leader and creator is a man close to fascist groups. I wanna know what Pussy Riot think of the Femen.

Well, they may scoff at the idea of Madonna being a "freedom fighter" all they like, but ... she did travel in their country and risked imprisonment and fines based on the content of her show. And she has been sued by the government -- fighting that will cost money.

Obviously, Madonna's 'punishment' was not on the level of theirs, but that doesn't mean she didn't risk it when she was in the country. (Sure, we can all sit back and say, 'oh, they'd never arrest her, it would be an international incident' etc., but ... you never know what crazy people are going to do, or what a corrupt government will do...)

Guest Not4Pussies

In their documentary it is one of the lawyers or tje dad who informs them that Madonna spoke about them in het concert. They were indifferent about it. No reaction

Frankly i rolled my eyes too when i read Madonna's press release about the Amnesty concert where she introduced The Pussy riots as "my fellow freedom fighters". I hope she won't say it again as she'll introduce them onstage.

On the other hand i'm not fond of Pussy Riots, i found what they did pueril and silly but i supported them because their punishment was disproportioned. I'm still keeping my judgement to myself though, i wanna know better what they stand for because another supposedly feminist group from eastern Europe, The Femen turned out to be horrible islamophobic cunts and their top leader and creator is a man close to fascist groups. I wanna know what Pussy Riot think of the Femen.

:thumbsup:

#PussyRiot shading Madonna at the 48 minute mark. http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10248675/

doesn't seem that bad but I'm watching without sound.

Uhm, the translator said they said "Madonna and Sinead are cool."

This thread is moot now. They did not insult Madonna at all.

In their documentary it is one of the lawyers or tje dad who informs them that Madonna spoke about them in het concert. They were indifferent about it. No reaction

Considering their respective freedoms were hanging in the balance it would've been pretty unrealistic to have expected much of a reaction about anything beyond their actual release.

God will shit on the rest of their lives.

Sounds like they already have relatively shitty lives to begin with. Not everyone has to be a Madonna fan and, unless someone is unnecessarily unfair or vicious towards her, there's no reason to get all butthurt.

It doesn't come across as bad as people are making it out to be (surprise, surprise) In all honestly, using the term "freedom fighter" in reference to Madonna is a bit of a stretch and eyeroll-inducing considering what real freedom fighters go through, specifically things like jail time, intimidation, torture and death. Pussy Riot was most likely taken aback by such a term being used to describe Madonna. Or they could have just been laughing at the term itself. I doubt they dislike Madonna.

Everyone on this planet has had personal experiences. Madonna should not have to walk around with a certificate awarded checklist of all the traumatic things that

have happened to her and she has spoken about human rights all her career and inspired other people to do so, so excuse her. Stay high and mighty and see how many people support you after awhile but like others (surprise surprise) have pointed out, it doesn't matter what they think of Madonna. She doesn't know these women personally I don't believe. She is supporting freedom of expression. You can free yourself from many different situations.

Regarding Madonna's fans and people who criticise Madonna on whatever level, If Madonna made a random comment about someone who has said nothing about her some fans would be all over her and they certainly wouldn't be happy with her if she made any kind of dismissing of a person's right to speak up about what she believes in. It doesn't matter what they think of her and it's not a big deal, its just not all that cool and will only get support from present or potential fans who question everyone's sincerity or how worthy they are of titles or even speaking up at all for a cause they believe in.

So I am looking forward to Madonna introducing them at the concert.

I may be wrong and I talk only from the experience I had, but Russians can seem very rude and "rough" in their behaviour. That doesn't mean they are not enjoying something or in this case being appreciative, they just have a different mindset. Yes, I kinda wish they would've shown a little more appreciation but, oh well... People are different.

I have not seen the clip so cannot comment on it. However who cares what Vagina Scramash think? Madonna is doing this for a cause she obviously believes in, and that is what is important.

I know Russian, so i'll break it down to you all:

The interviewer talked about the concert in NYC in early February that the girls will be attending it and M will be introducing them and that she was proud of Pussy Riot as fellow freedom fighters.

The Interviewer: Can i ask them what they think of M (cut to M picture with the arms spread showing the FREE PUSSY RIOT tattoo). Do they believe that she's a freedom fighter like them?

Translator (what he has actually translated to them): What do you think of M and do you think (feel) she fights for freedom?

Pussy Riot Girl: That M fights for freedom?

Translator: Yes. What's your opinion on that?

Pussy Riot Girl: *hysterically laughing*

Interviewer: Let's hope M isn't watching. The interviewer brings up Sinead, bu the PR Girl cuts him off.

Pussy Riot Girl: Madonna is great (she repeats that twice), but what sets her and Sinead apart is that they deal with/ focus on religion issues and in the societies they live there's no such problem as Mr. Putin and accordingly (in their societies) there exist other issues, other institutions that try impose an authoritarian position and most often this concerns religion. M & Sinead very bravely tackle the comprehension of Religion.

They have suffered a lot and maybe they think that some rich American woman can say as she pleases, but in the end they are the ones who fought for freedom and suffered for it. I don't agree, but to calle them stupid brats after being 2 years in prision is not right. They have their opinion and they are not going to hide it just to please Madonna or her fans. One thing we know about PUssy Riot is that they express themselves.

Maybe when they meet Madonna and see that she truly fights for freedom they change their mind. Or maybe they don't. We'll see.

Someone I know (who actually fought for freedom in Russia) said that these girls aren't all they made up to be. For example, the way they were suppossed to be treated in the prison was blown out of proportion by the girls themselves. Doesn't change the fact that Russia is a fucked up country that will soon implode in a spectacular fashion, but if these girls would like us to think their suffering and struggle is real and M got it easy, don't believe it.

Well, being kept in prision is really a VERY hard thing. No matter if you are in a golden jail, you can't go outside, you cant enjoy your life. So these girls weren't tortured or were sleeping on the floor? Well, in most countries not even a serial killer is tortured or sleeps on the floor.

I think that these girls are incredibly brave. They came out of prison and the first thing they said was that Putin had freed them as a publicity stunt because of the Winter Olimpics. You have to have guts to go and said that after you spent 2 years in prision.