Pussy Riot about M

Pressston

I know Russian, so i'll break it down to you all:

The interviewer talked about the concert in NYC in early February that the girls will be attending it and M will be introducing them and that she was proud of Pussy Riot as fellow freedom fighters.

The Interviewer: Can i ask them what they think of M (cut to M picture with the arms spread showing the FREE PUSSY RIOT tattoo). Do they believe that she's a freedom fighter like them?

Translator (what he has actually translated to them): What do you think of M and do you think (feel) she fights for freedom?

Pussy Riot Girl: That M fights for freedom?

Translator: Yes. What's your opinion on that?

Pussy Riot Girl: *hysterically laughing*

Interviewer: Let's hope M isn't watching. The interviewer brings up Sinead, bu the PR Girl cuts him off.

Pussy Riot Girl: Madonna is great (she repeats that twice), but what sets her and Sinead apart is that they deal with/ focus on religion issues and in the societies they live there's no such problem as Mr. Putin and accordingly (in their societies) there exist other issues, other institutions that try impose an authoritarian position and most often this concerns religion. M & Sinead very bravely tackle the comprehension of Religion.

Thank you so much!

This stud thing isn't really funny any more.

he never was

Who cares? I wasn't interested in these bitches even when Madonna was pretending to be. Next.

right!?! lol, i was never interested in them or their music, but I am glad their not locked up anymore

There's a thing called freedom of expression which madonna fought for so there's that.

Madonna is freedom fighter.

And why are you blaming this on her? When did she call herself a freedom fighter or insinuate she was one?

OKAY FINE SHE'S A FREEDOM FIGHTER. A VERITABLE MOTHER THERESA IN GIVENCHY. NEXT THREAD.

You are so hot.

I don't think Madonna will be devastated, but remember that quote where she said she often feels like she is in solidarity with another female artist, and then she will hear that they insulted her, and it's like a slap to the face? I always wondered how many people she was referring to (Courtney?). Add Pussy Riot to the list.

I'm defending Madonna from haters posing as fans here. Madonna is the biggest freedom fighter we have and to have anyone in this board say otherwise is completely moronic and a hater.

They laughed bc Madonna is not a freedom fighter. I would've laughed at that part too. M needs to take that kind of talk about herself down a few pegs. Does she do good in the world? Yes. "Freedom Fighter??" ....lol.. that sounds like a gaga tweet.

Totally agree with you on this one. "Freedom fighter" makes me cringe & so did her political rants during the last tour. Her pretentious talk during the secret project film wasn't great either.

Totally agree with you on this one. "Freedom fighter" makes me cringe & so did her political rants during the last tour. Her pretentious talk during the secret project film wasn't great either.

Why the fuck are you even on here? go crawl back into your shallow life and listen to your shallow music.

What does this have to to with anything? Madonna isn't taken seriously, that's what is is? She should just shut up about world issues she thinks she can help with?

You guys...I swear....

What does this have to to with anything? Madonna isn't taken seriously, that's what is is? She should just shut up about world issues she thinks she can help with?

You guys...I swear....

yup there are some real morons on here. have no idea why they call themselves fans.

you can be a music artist or a pop star and be a freedom fighter like john lennon and M in a way are doing/have done. some are doing it better then others but they're still doing it while others are quiet. pussy riot is a whole other story as they spent 2 years in jail and are living in a corrupt dictatorship. M, lennon & co aren't. but that doesn't mean M & co can't say what they think and support the others. their hearts are at the right place. so what if it comes across as preachy? everyone's a preacher on the web now, everyone knows better.

Ban

I'm defending Madonna from haters posing as fans here. Madonna is the biggest freedom fighter we have and to have anyone in this board say otherwise is completely moronic and a hater.

Why the fuck are you even on here? go crawl back into your shallow life and listen to your shallow music.

yup there are some real morons on here. have no idea why they call themselves fans.

I'm fully aware that I'm a newbie on this forum, but I would still like to ask 'Stud': could you please take it down a notch with the unfriendly posts to other MN members? Agree to disagree and all that? :peace::old:

Freedom fighter Voltaire on the freedom of expression:

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

lol shouldnt have spoke before i saw the clip

CUZ NOW ITS JUST A SHITTY ASS TRANSLATION JOB AND THE HOST JUMPING THE GUN ON THE MADONNA HATE CUZ HE'S SO USED TO IT...they praised her and dont even speak fuckin english

so duh on whoever made this thread, come on now.

i deleted my previous comment because i should have waited to see the clip first...cuz now its a totally different reality, it was infact the host of the show that assumed they were laughin at madonna

but the fact is they cant speak english, everything was lost in translation, and they do like her.

Guest Xanthium

I think some of you aren't realizing that freedom fighter is an actual term referring to resistance fighters. It's not just some over-encompassing slang term that refers to anyone who is political or is an outspoken activist/philanthropist. Read a book, people.

I am all for Madonna's political rants. One of the reasons why I find her so fascinating. It's why she is what she is... I would think fans would have gotten that by now...

But if "freedom fighter" isn't appropriate (which I can understand, though she has done so in her own unique way, in a "pop art/pop culture" context")... what would be a more appropriate term? She certainly is something...

Madonna has always been a unique combination of being mainstream...but built upon and infused with non-mainstream culture, values, and causes.

The Western outcry about Pussy Riots trial in all probability lead directly to the decision to throw the book at them and jail them. It would have entailed a serious loss of face and look like Russia was capitulating to foreign media pressure if they had acquitted them.

As it happened, almost as soon as the media spotlight was off, the girls got released. Nothing to do with Madonna or anyone else, quite the opposite in fact.

Sorry if those facts don't fit the picture, but oh well.

You don't think it had anything to do with pressure related to the Olympics, then?