Revisiting the COADF photoshoot

Bill

COAD is the recipe of a perfect era. Everything, from start to finish it was truly perfection. Every pop princess should study the COAD era. Easily her most iconic album from the 00s.

COAD is the recipe of a perfect era. Everything, from start to finish it was truly perfection. Every pop princess should study the COAD era. Easily her most iconic album from the 00s.

Totally agree! COADF is an amazing album and the era was beyond incredible. And it would have been even better if only the US radios didn't blacklisted her.

It's a bit scary this is 8 years ago, I still consider this "recent" Madonna. Crazy!

Anyways, I remember first seeing these pics and it was such a relief.....such a breath of fresh air. As shallow as it sounds, I'm sorry......the dark haired, beret wearing, fully clothed, angry, acoustic, Mommy Madonna is NICE to have in retrospect, there is NO other era like AL in her career.....BUT....damn it, I missed her being a half naked, blond, pop star singing killer dance tracks. STRAIGHT UP! When she emerged from that disco ball in her leotard and "Farrah hair", I think many in her fanbase let out a collective "fuck yeah"!! She was officially back!

I agree, perfect era. It is indeed a shame that US radio had already abandoned her for the most part by this time.

Yes! And I loved the cohesiveness of it as well! That always was a remarkable part of Madonna's eras and unfortunately, she didn't manage to spin that common thread through the Hard Candy and MDNA era (probably because she's already gotten fed up of the albums by the time they were released and MDNA's musical style was not cohesive to begin with).

However I would say the MDNA era did rival the excitingness of the Confessions era - with the Super Bowl performance, the intimate Twitter chats, the Olympia show, and of course the journey of the scandal-fueled tour! Only difference to COADF obviously was that basically nothing exciting she did was backed up with interest by the media (besides the Super Bowl and the few tour scandals).

Eveything was great during this era except the videos. I only liked the "Hung up" one and only the pink leotard parts (it looked like a modern art short film). "Sorry" "Get Together" and "Jump" are really messed up.

Agreed. The videos were disappointing... there was a lot of missed potential with this album.

you KEEP QUIET, too over there!!!!

I like it! my boss got her hair cut like the wig, after her sister-in-law rang the wrecka stowe where I was working & said:

Oh my God did u c Madonna's new hair in that video :rotfl: the next day she came 2 work & she had the cut, she felt kinda

like a fool when I told her Madonna's was a wig :lol:

Confessions... omg how I adore this album. Interestingly, she looked breathtakingly beautiful throughout. But the most important: the music was incredible...