I WANT A NEW ALBUM

elijah

How many years till we get what we all want  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be an eternity again?

• Next year
    • NEVER

I'm over this presumption from some fans that Madonna is over making music simply because they don't care for what she's offered up recently. If you know anything about Madonna it's that she's not going to release something SHE feels is half-assed. She spent just as much time working on HC and MDNA as any other album......go check out the "genesis album thread" if you need proof. I find it insulting to her to insinuate that she will just release any old piece of shit "just because". Why would someone who has been in complete control of their music for their entire career.....and every other aspect of her professional life, all of a sudden just say "fuck it....I don't care" when it comes to the music?? Doesn't even make sense. I feel Madonna has always been proud of the work she releases, if she weren't we wouldn't be hearing it. Period.

Furthermore, MDNA has some of the most personal lyrics she's ever had on an album. She's never been so frank as she was on some of those tracks. I understand the general public making assumptions on the whole album based on the singles released, but to read diehard fans acting as if the entire album is GMAYL.....I mean did you LISTEN to the album??

Guest Not4Pussies

Hard Candy is a cohesive listening experience whether you enjoyed or not. MDNA is simply a disconnected collection of songs that are interchangeable track listing wise. Any playlist will do.

i have changed mine so many times

I'm over this presumption from some fans that Madonna is over making music simply because they don't care for what she's offered up recently. If you know anything about Madonna it's that she's not going to release something SHE feels is half-assed. She spent just as much time working on HC and MDNA as any other album......go check out the "genesis album thread" if you need proof. I find it insulting to her to insinuate that she will just release any old piece of shit "just because". Why would someone who has been in complete control of their music for their entire career.....and every other aspect of her professional life, all of a sudden just say "fuck it....I don't care" when it comes to the music?? Doesn't even make sense. I feel Madonna has always been proud of the work she releases, if she weren't we wouldn't be hearing it. Period.

Furthermore, MDNA has some of the most personal lyrics she's ever had on an album. She's never been so frank as she was on some of those tracks. I understand the general public making assumptions on the whole album based on the singles released, but to read diehard fans acting as if the entire album is GMAYL.....I mean did you LISTEN to the album??

Oh come on now. Just because some fans feel that she should dive more into a 'mature' sound - whatever that means to everyone personally - doesn't mean that she released half-assed old pieces of shit. Total overreaction on your part.

If I'm not mistaken even William Orbit complained that she didn't focus as much on their MDNA tracks and he was not happy with it. He must know since he produced one of her masterpieces - pun intended.

I totally believe that good ol' M loved every song she recorded for her last two albums and I enjoyed both albums, too. But yes, I DID listen to her last album and while it features a good collection of personal songs, it also features songs like GMAYL, Superstar, TUTR, Bday Song, GGW and so on. I like some of them but if you can't see a difference between these tracks and songs she did in the 90's or early 00's, then I don't know.

Why can't she be a little more mature than the last two albums, but still work in the dance/electronic arena? My favorite albums by her tend to be stuff like Ray of Light, Music, Confessions, some of the electronic influenced stuff on AL like Nobody Knows Me. That is what I would personally like. She needs to find the happy medium. But I do not think she should throw out any dance element and go back to the whole Something to Remember/Evita era. I like songs like Falling Free, Behind the Bars and Masterpiece, but I think they work better as a contrast to more uptempo songs on an album. I wouldn't like a whole album of those type of songs with no uptempo stuff. But it seems that when most people say "mature" on here, it means no dance, no electronics, just ballads. Im not against her being more mature, but not it if it's to be an AC type of artist. I'm all for mature if people mean something like Ray of LIght and Confessions that still has an uptempo electronic element on some songs with introspective lyrics. But I just feel so many people here have this stereotype that if you are older you cannot do anything electronic anymore and I think it's ridiculous.

Ok let's drop the word mature and replace it with something else, as some people here associate it with AC type of music.

It can mean anything really. I believe most fans love her dance stuff but wish she would show us her voice again. That's what I really want. Ballads don't need to be boring either and if you really think about it, we haven't got many ballads from her in the last 10 years.

I think that's why some people said that she should drop the dance sound for a while and do something else. Dance and electronic music is not the same. When I said mature or ballad-heavy, I was thinking of songs which would really touch me and grab my interest. For example this little song is slow but it features electronic elements and beautiful vocals.

Why can't she be a little more mature than the last two albums, but still work in the dance/electronic arena? My favorite albums by her tend to be stuff like Ray of Light, Music, Confessions, some of the electronic influenced stuff on AL like Nobody Knows Me. That is what I would personally like. She needs to find the happy medium. But I do not think she should throw out any dance element and go back to the whole Something to Remember/Evita era. I like songs like Falling Free, Behind the Bars and Masterpiece, but I think they work better as a contrast to more uptempo songs on an album. I wouldn't like a whole album of those type of songs with no uptempo stuff. But it seems that when most people say "mature" on here, it means no dance, no electronics, just ballads. Im not against her being more mature, but not it if it's to be an AC type of artist. I'm all for mature if people mean something like Ray of LIght and Confessions that still has an uptempo electronic element on some songs with introspective lyrics. But I just feel so many people here have this stereotype that if you are older you cannot do anything electronic anymore and I think it's ridiculous.

1. You like electronic music and that is your reason why she should make another electropop album. Like I said in previous posts, Madonna has already done too much electronic music. ROL - pop meets electronica, Music - pop meets electropop and rock/country vibe, AL - was like an extended version of Music (although there are big diference between AL and Music), COADF - electropop, HC - maybe small elements of electrpop, MDNA - electropop. Isn't that enough for you? Don't other fans, who like more her music before ROL, deserve an album which will be closer to classic pop sound of LAP, E, BS or TB?

2. I like electrpop, I wouldn't mind if she make a few new songs, but I don't want an entire electropop album. There should be something for everyone: a few electropop songs (dance, ballads, experimental), a few songs that are more organic and more classic pop, a few ballads, a few experimental songs ( a new sound)....

3. Nobody said that Madonna is too old for electropop music, there is no such kind of stereotype you are talking about.

4. Nobody said that dance songs and elctronic music isn't mature. Nobody said she needs to make just ballads if she wants to make mature album. Deeper and Deeper and GGW are dance songs. GGW isn't mature, it is generic and has bad chorus, while Deeper and Deeper is mature dance song, it has mature and good lyrics, great melody and production... If you can't make a difference between these songs, then you obviously don't know what mature song or album means.

GGW, B-day, TUTR.... these songs aren't mature, she is more capable than that, but many fans think such songs are the final level of her creativity and music strenght. Where is the artist who made masterpieces like LAP, E or ROL? It is OK if she wants to make dance songs, but why can't they be strong like LAP, E or ROL? BS, Music and AL are also mature albums. TB is a great album, her first serious album, while COADF is like a 2000s version of TB - cathcy songs, but there is a certain level of mature sound.

Edited by mangapop

I think that what most people are trying to suggest by implying she needs to release something more "mature" is experimental sonically. Ray Of Light was experimental, now it's a classic, but when it came out it was innovative for mainstream pop. She needs to experiment again and go avant garde

I think that what most people are trying to suggest by implying she needs to release something more "mature" is experimental sonically. Ray Of Light was experimental, now it's a classic, but when it came out it was innovative for mainstream pop. She needs to experiment again and go avant garde

Mirwais

Oh come on now. Just because some fans feel that she should dive more into a 'mature' sound - whatever that means to everyone personally - doesn't mean that she released half-assed old pieces of shit. Total overreaction on your part.

If I'm not mistaken even William Orbit complained that she didn't focus as much on their MDNA tracks and he was not happy with it. He must know since he produced one of her masterpieces - pun intended.

I totally believe that good ol' M loved every song she recorded for her last two albums and I enjoyed both albums, too. But yes, I DID listen to her last album and while it features a good collection of personal songs, it also features songs like GMAYL, Superstar, TUTR, Bday Song, GGW and so on. I like some of them but if you can't see a difference between these tracks and songs she did in the 90's or early 00's, then I don't know.

I'm all for a "mature" album as well. On MDNA I feel songs like GB, FF, IA, BK and LS are more "mature", sophisticated sounding pop songs than stuff like GMAYL, GGW and TUTR. I just can't stand the implication that she's disinterested in her music. There isn't one Madonna album that doesn't sound like a "Madonna album" to me and every album sounds like she put her heart and soul into it. MDNA is more like a TB or BS in that there are varying styles/sounds and degrees of "maturity" with the subject matters of her song. True Blue has LMTWGR, JJ and WTP but it also has PDP, LTT and LIB. BS has Secret, BS and TAB but it also has DS and IRBYL.

She seems to go in cycles with her sounds.Quite frankly, had Madonna remained in "serious" mode as she was in the late 90's/early 00's, it would've been terribly boring. By the time AL rolled around many were wondering if she'd ever just do a straight up pop/dance stomper like she used to do. The fact that she's versatile enough to do something as frivolous as B-Day Song yet something as profound as FF on the same album doesn't have to be considered a bad thing.

I fully agree, although there are some lighthearted and possibly throwaway tracks on MDNA, but she's also never released a studio album with 16 tracks before, either.

I've always felt like MDNA is like Erotica's older and wiser sister. I love her divorce albums.

If history does in fact repeat itself, 1/3 of us will love it, 1/3 of us will hate it, and 1/3 of us will like 1/3 of the songs. Its safe to say that album 13 will be all about 1/3's, just like albums 11 and 12.

There's nothing wiser about MDNA especially over Erotica.

Oh dear. I think you misunderstood. With age comes wisdom and with a second divorce comes a bit less bitterness, maybe due to motherhood. Trust me, when it was released these same sentiments about MDNA were thrown around about Erotica. Do I think E is superior? Of course I do. Do I think MDNA shows a more reflective Madonna? Of course I do. Don't get all bent.

um... ya-so i really really Love MDNA. i think it's pretty much grody to the max that lovespent remains unreleased. it so coulda been dido 'thank you' in eminems 'stan.' maybe it WILL happen someday. love the live version though... but enough of that. i want a new record, too.

I hated Hard Candy when it was released and i grew to like it in the past year. I llked MDNA when it was released and i grew out of it pretty fast. I still think "I'm addicted","Love spent" and "Falling free" are absolutely great but the rest is quite forgettable and in this time and age 3 great tracks on an album is not something we see that often.

I think people expect Madonna to be forward musically and they thougt she did not with Hard Candy and MDNA. If zany pop bitch had released HC or MDNA she would have been praised but by Madonna's standards people thought they were not on par with her previous productions.

MDNA isn't a good album for anyone. Madonna's previous high standards aren't the reason why it disappoints. The mediocrity was plain shocking and has the rest of us nervous about when she'll return to making something provocative and creative like American Life.

I have been buying Madonna's music right from the very beginning. It just sort of baffles me while people keep on about her music not being mature, of being substandard etc, then highlighting some "fun" pop songs as reasons to wring their hands at her creativity. Throughout Madonna's entire career, she has had so many different styles of music and yes that does include fun pop songs that are about dancing, having fun and pure joy. Why all of a sudden, is this constant complaining about a few songs on an album that are not serious etc ? If you don't like a few of Madonna's songs on any album, do what I do and just skip them. Is it really that hard to do ?

I think we will get a film next year and probably an album late in the year or early 2015. I don't think making music is a high priority on her list right now .

In five years time your opinion on both with likely change again.

A cohesive album versus a non-cohesive album won't make a person appreciate chaos over order. MDNA isn't even mastered half as well as Hard Candy. And I remember complaints at this very forum over the sound quality of Hard Candy.

As much as I love Ray of Light it might have something to do with the criticisms of MDNA. Is there a silly song on Ray of Light? Madonna was getting so much praise for that album and as much as we celebrate that Madonna doesn't care what people say about her we want her critics to praise her and we do care what people say.

Madonna is likely to be interested in what people say but I think she uses the information productively not for approval. She's not saying, " Is this okay?" "Is this alright.?" She makes the album that she wants to make and puts it out there.

Guest Borderline

Am I the only one who just likes Madonna's music. Every. Single. Album? I'm genuinely a fan of all of her output. Sure, there is a few throwaway tracks (looking at you Bday Song) - but, like jazzyjan said, I just skip them.