I WANT A NEW ALBUM

elijah

How many years till we get what we all want  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be an eternity again?

• Next year
    • NEVER

Guest Rachelle of London

Am I the only one that thought she was being sarcastic on Reddit when she said that she's doing a film next

You can interpret as much as possible into the MDNA era and it's surely open to a lot of nice interpretations, but still the fact is she didn't present a cohesive theme for this album and the era in general. Til Confessions, she was able to spin a common thread throughout the era as well, for example with her looks and style of music videos.

People remembered her past albums either through the musical theme or through her main looks - they remember ROL as her going spiritual, Music is associated with her cowboy look by everyone, they remember COADF for putting on a retro disco look, but what can one associate with MDNA? What is the main theme, main look? She never really picked up the drug theme presented in the album cover. The booklet is strung together with random pics.

Yes, the MDNA album & era had many different facets which is great, but she didn't manage to spin that common thread, to make a connection. There is no song from the album one can listen to, no picture of her from the era one can look at, and say "THAT is essentially MDNA, that is the essential look, the style & music she went with!" (same goes to Hard Candy btw, IMO).

Frank Ocean has some real potential. He's not a typical R'n'B/Hip Hop producer. Listen to this song by him called "Forrest Gump"!

https://soundcloud.com/wemac/frank-ocean-forrest-gump

Love Frank Ocean. I think both he and Daft Punk that she mentioned in the chat sound promising for the next album. They could do something slightly different from the last two albums which I lot of people don't seem to like, but still interesting and very Madonna, without going into boring AC ballad territory.

You can interpret as much as possible into the MDNA era and it's surely open to a lot of nice interpretations, but still the fact is she didn't present a cohesive theme for this album and the era in general.

Til Confessions, she was able to spin a common thread throughout the era with her looks as well. People remember ROL as her going spiritual, they remember COADF for putting on a retro disco look, but what can one associate with MDNA? What is the main theme? She never really picked up the drug theme presented in the album cover. And what is the main look?

I associate it with the first section of the tour, with the catsuit and the gun and the poufed hair. It is kind of an angry album. Themes did develop but not until the tour. Perhaps for the next era, she needs to develop them earlier.

Guest Rachelle of London

You can interpret as much as possible into the MDNA era and it's surely open to a lot of nice interpretations, but still the fact is she didn't present a cohesive theme for this album and the era in general.

Til Confessions, she was able to spin a common thread throughout the era with her looks as well. People remember ROL as her going spiritual, they remember COADF for putting on a retro disco look, but what can one associate with MDNA? What is the main theme? She never really picked up the drug theme presented in the album cover. And what is the main look?

Very true

I always see MDNA as a follow up to every single one of her last albums, theres a link to each one on MDNA...Its kinda like a nod to all of them.

Am I the only one who just likes Madonna's music. Every. Single. Album? I'm genuinely a fan of all of her output. Sure, there is a few throwaway tracks (looking at you Bday Song) - but, like jazzyjan said, I just skip them.

I'm exactly the same...

You can interpret as much as possible into the MDNA era and it's surely open to a lot of nice interpretations, but still the fact is she didn't present a cohesive theme for this album and the era in general. Til Confessions, she was able to spin a common thread throughout the era as well, for example with her looks and style of music videos.

People remembered her past albums either through the musical theme or through her main looks - they remember ROL as her going spiritual, Music is associated with her cowboy look by everyone, they remember COADF for putting on a retro disco look, but what can one associate with MDNA? What is the main theme, main look? She never really picked up the drug theme presented in the album cover. The booklet is strung together with random pics.

Yes, the MDNA album & era had many different facets which is great, but she didn't manage to spin that common thread, to make a connection. There is no song from the album one can listen to, no picture of her from the era one can look at, and say "THAT is essentially MDNA, that is the essential look, the style & music she went with!" (same goes to Hard Candy btw, IMO).

yes there is: the cheerleader.

Agree.

I'm exactly the same...

I like almost all her songs and albums, but some more than others. Some things I just like, where others I'm totally in love with.

Actually MDNA has 12 songs. Additional 4 songs on deluxe version are just bonus songs. These songs shouldn't have an impact on the quality of album at all, Beautiful Killer is much better song than some crappy songs that are on the standard version.

Instead of releasing these 4 songs as B-sides or letting them leak on the internet, Madonna and her people decided to release a deluxe version with some additional cheap songs and get more money. That's why there are no unrealesed MDNA tracks.

I know how many songs are in the album, thanks. And the deluxe has 16 new tracks, that's what I based it on. I like several of the "bonus" tracks over some on the "standard" release.

This idea of cohesion and storytelling is very hit and miss throughout Madonna's career. True Blue to Like a Prayer, comes to mind. Confessions to Hard Candy does also. Sometimes she's gone there with a concept, and sometimes she's put together a collection of singles as a studio album.

And Erotica was current house mixed with current hip hop/r-n-b circa 1991-92 (when it was made). It has held up well and is in my top albums list. It wasn't SUPER groundbreaking at the time aside from it being a 180 degree turn from all the grunge rock that took up most of the airplay on radio. By the next summer house music was everywhere on radio, but it was still just house music.

No it isn't. Erotica is a perfect example of why cohesion is essential for an album's longevity as a listening experience.

Erotica is a brilliant album but that doesn't mean it's a template that Madonna should follow. I like that Madonna is quite instinctive with her work and so scores praise/criticism in whatever form it takes. Sometimes I'm in an Erotica mood and sometimes I want that 'journey' feel which I feel is stronger on BS/ROL/Music. Sometimes you wanna feel like you're sat in a club watching somebody perform their latest set on a small stage and that's what the LAP/Erotica albums are for. They feel...still. I actually find similarities between the LAV/TB/AL albums. They're disjointed with regards to song choices and tempo/tone but still thematic and neat. There's no singular journey within each record but they all have certain things that tie themselves together. I think that HC/MDNA belong in that category too. COADF and Madonna feel similar to me. Just that one is sexier and flirtatious while the other is much more wise and grounded. The star out being I'm breathless which is a genius album in my mind.

I like almost all her songs and albums, but some more than others. Some things I just like, where others I'm totally in love with.

I often like her live interpretations and remixes most due to my taste in music but I adore her albums! It's very rare that I dislike an M song.

Erotica is a brilliant album but that doesn't mean it's a template that Madonna should follow. I like that Madonna is quite instinctive with her work and so scores praise/criticism in whatever form it takes. Sometimes I'm in an Erotica mood and sometimes I want that 'journey' feel which I feel is stronger on BS/ROL/Music. Sometimes you wanna feel like you're sat in a club watching somebody perform their latest set on a small stage and that's what the LAP/Erotica albums are for. They feel...still. I actually find similarities between the LAV/TB/AL albums. They're disjointed with regards to song choices and tempo/tone but still thematic and neat. There's no singular journey within each record but they all have certain things that tie themselves together. I think that HC/MDNA belong in that category too. COADF and Madonna feel similar to me. Just that one is sexier and flirtatious while the other is much more wise and grounded. The star out being I'm breathless which is a genius album in my mind.

It isn't about template. Madonna shouldn't go into the studio to record songs that are disconnected musically and thematically. Madonna should have some purpose other than filling a contractual obligation.

It isn't about template. Madonna shouldn't go into the studio just to record songs that are disconnected musically and thematically. Madonna should have some purpose other than filling a contractual obligation.

Yes, but just because you decide to make an album that doesn't have one cohesive sound or theme doesn't mean you are just filling a contractual obligation. Couldn't you just go and write songs that you wanted to record and enjoying singing and not necessarily think that they all had to fit together somehow? I think it would be a shame to leave out a song that was otherwise good just because it didn't fit some pre-determined theme.

Guest Rachelle of London

I know how many songs are in the album, thanks. And the deluxe has 16 new tracks, that's what I based it on. I like several of the "bonus" tracks over some on the "standard" release.

This idea of cohesion and storytelling is very hit and miss throughout Madonna's career. True Blue to Like a Prayer, comes to mind. Confessions to Hard Candy does also. Sometimes she's gone there with a concept, and sometimes she's put together a collection of singles as a studio album.

And Erotica was current house mixed with current hip hop/r-n-b circa 1991-92 (when it was made). It has held up well and is in my top albums list. It wasn't SUPER groundbreaking at the time aside from it being a 180 degree turn from all the grunge rock that took up most of the airplay on radio. By the next summer house music was everywhere on radio, but it was still just house music.

:dead:

It isn't about template. Madonna shouldn't go into the studio to record songs that are disconnected musically and thematically. Madonna should have some purpose other than filling a contractual obligation.

But there are definite musical breaks in AL and themes that don't exactly mesh. How does Love Profusion fit with the dominant theme of the album? Or X-static process? I get the relevance of Mother and father and Nobody knows me within that context but the gushing love songs and romance don't exactly fit.

But there are definite musical breaks in AL and themes that don't exactly mesh. How does Love Profusion fit with the dominant theme of the album? Or X-static process? I get the relevance of Mother and father and Nobody knows me within that context but the gushing love songs and romance don't exactly fit.

Madonna addresses certain exterior concerns (AL,Hollywood, I'm So Stupid) interior everything else except DAD.

Yes, but just because you decide to make an album that doesn't have one cohesive sound or theme doesn't mean you are just filling a contractual obligation. Couldn't you just go and write songs that you wanted to record and enjoying singing and not necessarily think that they all had to fit together somehow? I think it would be a shame to leave out a song that was otherwise good just because it didn't fit some pre-determined theme.

There's a way to do everything. Musical cohesion doesn't have to be dictated by genre but the use of a sole producer or production team.

There's a way to do everything. Musical cohesion doesn't have to be dictated by genre but the use of a sole producer or production team.

Yes, but it seems like a lot of producers especially now tend to specialize in a particular sound or genre of music. So if you work with one producer that does very often tend to lead on to songs on an album sounding sort of the same or in the same style.

Am I the only one that thought she was being sarcastic on Reddit when she said that she's doing a film next

that's the way i read it,too

Welcome M! As W.E. was STUNNING, looking to direct another movie?
Madonna:
yes thats next on my to-do list. direct a film.

I dont see any sarcasm in this answer.
Is there a new album coming in 2014?
Madonna:
there might be…my creative juices are flowing….

"If I finish my movie till then, yes."

...... but what can one associate with MDNA? What is the main theme, main look? ........

The main theme was reduction.

The tour WAS the era was the album was the theme. There was no theme because she "reduced" her career from MADONNA to MDNA - get it? It was basically a greatest hits era that wasn't really a greatest hits era. It's almost as if she was restating her whole career and imagery as if to remind people that she still is who she is - probably in an attempt to show that she can do Madonna better than Lady Gaga can do Madonna. I assume that this reduction was needed to get the general public into stadium seats; by wooing them with Like A Prayer (the only song that anyone knows, it seems).

Oh, the Adidas arm-warmers were a central element, too - image-wise. I thought they were cool.

Guest Not4Pussies

Welcome M! As W.E. was STUNNING, looking to direct another movie?

Madonna: yes thats next on my to-do list. direct a film.

I dont see any sarcasm in this answer.

Is there a new album coming in 2014?

Madonna: there might bemy creative juices are flowing.

"If I finish my movie till then, yes."

We will see what happens next. Things can change.