Madonna Album Cover (Variations)- Notably "Bedtime Stories"

christopherm

There's not many other photos from the shoot that could have worked as a cover, but I think these could be acceptable:

4bfa.png72z9.png7l2.pngi883.png

Personally, as much as I love the Demachalier 1960's NYC apartment shoot, a lot of the images weren't really album cover material.

They should have just stuck with the Roversi shoot.

q00e.png

cs72.png

I actually like these cover variations but don't like the Roversi shot. She looks like she's got the flu.

Guest bluejean

I like that image Karby but I don't think it works for the album. The album has a warm, sensual and romantic feel to it for the most part. And that image is so cold. It suits the song Bedtime Story but not the majority of the album. The shoot they used is very suitable, they just need a more suitable image from it.

I like that image Karby but I don't think it works for the album. The album has a warm, sensual and romantic feel to it for the most part. And that image is so cold. It suits the song Bedtime Story but not the majority of the album. The shoot they used is very suitable, they just need a more suitable image from it.

Well the album does have a cold feel to it. The one karby posted is prob the best image of the shoot so far. Just imagine the packaging having that metallic glossy effect. Stunning.

But Bluebabe is right, it doesn't suit the whole album. I like this one A LOT, but maybe back then it would have been a disasster, with Madonna being called the whore of babylone after ERotica

7l2.png

There's not many other photos from the shoot that could have worked as a cover, but I think these could be acceptable:

4bfa.png72z9.png7l2.pngi883.png

Personally, as much as I love the Demachalier 1960's NYC apartment shoot, a lot of the images weren't really album cover material.

They should have just stuck with the Roversi shoot.

q00e.png

cs72.png

The picture from the back cover of the album is my favorite! I like the black and white too!! I think a cropped version might have been good for the album cover! :)

Sure, but that doesn't make these songs cold.

And I must confess, instead of spring, it's always winter

I'm not saying the songs are off-putting, distant, and impersonal.

They have a melancholy nature about them, the production is cold and moody, and has moments of sorrow.

It's not a particularly "loud" album, it's subtle, almost silent compared to her others. That's why I think the Roversi pics might have worked, bt we've only seen a few pictures, so who knows...

I agree with Whoppie, maybe that's why Madonna wanted those pictures. It's a really bare album, and shows a very vulnerable Madonna. Far more than LAP, where she dealt with personal issues but in a empowered way. But BS is Madonna facing a difficult time and finding herself lost (she was found again with ROL).

And those pictures show her as a little girl, lost in the monster persona she had created.

1994roversi002d.jpg

Wow I never even noticed there were flipped versions. And turns out the one in my iTunes has the lettering cropped. Thanks for posting, gonna change the artwork now

Whoopiedoo, how did you make all those different BS album covers? They're great!

The Riversi shot works beautifully for the 12" maxi single, because of the colour effect when you move it. It's simply STUNNING

1542874.jpg

This has always been my favorite Madonna cover - single or album. It is simply gorgeous, she looks like a Goddess! I always wondered why they didn't choose this as the cover for Bedtime Stories. While I like the one they used, it is not that special and is one of her weakest compared to her other great covers IMO.

The Riversi shot works beautifully for the 12" maxi single, because of the colour effect when you move it. It's simply STUNNING

1542874.jpg

I was playing some records to my friend yesterday, I held this up and he said "is that the queen?" as in the queen of england :lmao:

By the way, i've always found BS more erotic than Erotica. It's simply sensual and beautiful, to cuddle, to have sex, to kiss. I know the concept is different and that exploring sex is one thing and have sex is another, but whenever i think of songs of Madonna to have sex, BS comes to mind.

I think to improve the cover they could have played around with the placement of the text. I know in the revised cover, the title gets lost in the aqua bed spread, they could have just switched the pink text color from Madonna and vice versa.

ug0c.png

This is what they should've done.

Do you have this on 600x600 or higher?

I agree with Whoppie, maybe that's why Madonna wanted those pictures. It's a really bare album, and shows a very vulnerable Madonna. Far more than LAP, where she dealt with personal issues but in a empowered way. But BS is Madonna facing a difficult time and finding herself lost (she was found again with ROL).

And those pictures show her as a little girl, lost in the monster persona she had created.

1994roversi002d.jpg

that would have been an ICONIC cover, so sparse its amazing. Very 90s