MDNA Tour To Premiere On Epix June 22

Guest groovyguy

Just saw on madonnalicious that 26th August is given as the release date. Has this been posted here yet?

Madonna's groundbreaking, critically acclaimed, controversial and visually stunning MDNA concert will be available in the US on August 27th (August 26th globally), it was announced today by Universal Music.

*edit* Just seen it in the other DVD thread.

As you were...

so GuyO said there would be a NYC premiere, anyone have any idea if that'll likely be a one time thing, or they'll let it run in a theatre for a couple of weeks?

Most likely a one time thing

Most likely a one time thing

That's my thoughts too. I can't see there being a huge theater demand, even in NYC, but I could be wrong.

Since the press release for the DVD said nothing about a live album, I guess we are back to DVD-only concerts.

It would be cool if they did a one week thing, if the tickets sold out in a short amount if time, I wouldn't be surprised if they released future tours to theaters worldwide.

Will it have the Celebration/Give It 2 Me mix?

I suppose so. After all, the Celebration/Give It 2 Me medley/mashup/whatevs was performed at all shows for the last two months of the tour, except the last NYC show, when Give It 2 Me was performed as a mashup with Gangnam Style instead of Holiday.

I suppose so. After all, the Celebration/Give It 2 Me medley/mashup/whatevs was performed at all shows for the last two months of the tour, except the last NYC show, when Give It 2 Me was performed as a mashup with Gangnam Style instead of Holiday.

thank God

it really adds to the performance

Is it me or is the coloring/lighting/whateveryouwannacall it is a bit off/over-produced?

It's perfect.

I love how this tour didnt seem as structured, the bulk was but we got the great LAV where it was real spontaneous. Also liked the "work in progress" feel on some the numbers like LAV/LS and celebration/G2M, before everything was set in stone before the tourn went on the road. And this is the most audience interaction she's had in a long time.

I love how this tour didnt seem as structured, the bulk was but we got the great LAV where it was real spontaneous. Also liked the "work in progress" feel on some the numbers like LAV/LS and celebration/G2M, before everything was set in stone before the tourn went on the road. And this is the most audience interaction she's had in a long time.

Amen!

Though some of the changes were for the worse (e.g. skipping the entire Transgression section in Chile), I like how she did relatively many changes to the setlist throughout the tours. That way, many shows were unique.

My favourite of all changes has to be the addition of "Love Spent", even though I saw the tour early on and didn't get to see the definitive performance of the song.

Amen!

Though some of the changes were for the worse (e.g. skipping the entire Transgression section in Chile), I like how she did relatively many changes to the setlist throughout the tours. That way, many shows were unique.

My favourite of all changes has to be the addition of "Love Spent", even though I saw the tour early on and didn't get to see the definitive performance of the song.

So you are telling me that the opening number in chile was EY. Was that whole section scrapped because of time or technical issues?

So you are telling me that the opening number in chile was EY. Was that whole section scrapped because of time or technical issues?

Yes, you dont remember that? They didn't explain the reason.