MDNA Tour To Premiere On Epix June 22

Guest groovyguy

EPIX is a premium cable channel...it would seem unnecessary to edit it down.

Confessions was edited because it aired on NBC, a broadcast channel with commercials (hence, the edit, and for content).

But premium channels, like EPIX, usually don't have that need. So that's weird...

Guest Rachelle of London

They must be cutting out something if the broadcast slot is only 1hr and 30mins

If its a hour and a half, then I'd say they're being SMART about the potential sales decline from having an HD file floating around the Internet for 2 months. They'll probably cut a song and/or interlude and the speech. The show was only an hour and 45 mins anyway.

Not sure about Epix, but Sky cut out a few songs during S&S

Sky shortened the Candy Factory intro and skipped the request song (like a virgin), but I think Epix showed everything.

Guest groovyguy

Anyone recall if they cut anything for S&S? I remember the online stream was the full show...

Epix aired the full show including DCFMA

If its a hour and a half, then I'd say they're being SMART about the potential sales decline from having an HD file floating around the Internet for 2 months. They'll probably cut a song and/or interlude and the speech. The show was only an hour and 45 mins anyway.

Actually with Love Spent and speech and everything...the show is between 1:55 and 2 hours...usually around 1:57 to be more accurate. (it all depends on her speech).

At least i saw an entire show with over 1:55 on youtube...with everything included

I belive speech is out, love spent is out (couse it wasnt there from start) and probably two more songs like IAS and BF interlude and maybe even first segment interlude with prayer could be cut like CANDY MACHINE was.

Actually with Love Spent and speech and everything...the show is between 1:55 and 2 hours...usually around 1:57 to be more accurate. (it all depends on her speech).

At least i saw an entire show with over 1:55 on youtube...with everything included

She didn't do LS in Boston when I saw it, and had a lengthy speech and it clocked about 1:45 mins, I saw Dallas and both Houston shows and she did do LS but kept the speeches brief-sh and it was about the same length... give or take a couple of minutes.

Not arguing, just saying what i experienced.

I sure channel 4 cut a couple of songs from Confessions too

And of course NBC with their anti crucifix Live to tell close up frenzy

I do love the GMAYL clip, however did anyone else notice that it doesn't exactly sound like the tour version? I'm refering to the chorus.

In the following video, you can hear a sound kicking in at 1:44 which plays over the drumming and sounds like a synthesizer (sorry, I don't know how to describe it better):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uY2q-NLLDg

Now listen to the EPIX vid, that sound should kick in at 0:51, but it doesn't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1mGkZmEHm0

I hope I could express myself clearly enough, there certainly is this prominent synth sound missing. I know it won't matter in the end, but it does surprise me a bit as they clearly edited the tour version.

I do love the GMAYL clip, however did anyone else notice that it doesn't exactly sound like the tour version? I'm refering to the chorus.

In the following video, you can hear a sound kicking in at 1:44 which plays over the drumming and sounds like a synthesizer (sorry, I don't know how to describe it better):

Now listen to the EPIX vid, that sound should kick in at 0:51, but it doesn't:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1mGkZmEHm0

I hope I could express myself clearly enough, there certainly is this prominent synth sound missing. I know it won't matter in the end, but it does surprise me a bit as they clearly edited the tour version.

it is there, it's just a lot lower down in the mix than it was at the live shows. Maybe it's so it sounds more like the single release?