Why is she so resistant to playing the hits properly?

Apples388

Guest bluejean

PDP MDNA was perfect, u have 2 b an idiot 2 not c how well it works. The

1st part of the show is a live movie aka PERFECTION.

Kind of agree. It's sort of like how they sing afew bits of a song as a reprise in a musical or something. The lyrics of the full song wouldn't have worked and changing the lyrics would have been so tacky. In a whoo dat bee sort of way.

The 1st part of the show is a live movie aka PERFECTION. LAVMDNA was a career highlight. :fag:

A Brazilian review called the first section of MDNA the best movie of 2012.

Guest bluejean

A Brazilian review called the first section of MDNA the best movie of 2012.

I have to agree. Although I'm not a huge movie person :lol:

I think is as simple as this: On every single tour since since Girlie Show, there has been complains about lack of Greatest Hits, but what would happen if Madonna has listened to those and make of every single tour a GH tour, well there would be nothing left to do then, WE all would be bitching about how she always do the same "Hits" songs over an over, something like what happened with RAY OF LIGHT performed in DWT, CT & S&S and well nothing to do with a tour, but she has the nerve to sing it also in Live 8 (the bitch).

Anyway, I think she has always knows better what's the best for her career, I think she has made the right moves, and that's why we are still here waiting for the big deal, a big Madonna tour, that last long enough to beat her own record and full of nostalgia and Greatest hits, performed as she can only do.

A little bit off topic, but not really, I love how Material Girl was put in GGW. All father crowds in the US screamed their heads off and most of them no doubt thought that the full song was coming lol

Erm, sorry, but all these fans saying she gets sick of playing the oldies in original form etc. - errrr... since when? When was the last time she actually played all those old hits tour after tour after tour in original form? She has dozens of '80s and '90s hits that she seems to have forgotten about. And the ones she frequently remembers to play are usually reinvented. Sorry, but it's not my fault she has selective memory and for some reason thinks that her only '80s hits were "Like a Virgin", "Holiday" and "La Isla Bonita". :rotfl: Get a grip Madge! Someone needs to actually put her in a room with copies of all her records and actually play them to her to remind her of what great shit she has released that remains completely forgotten by her. It's not "cool" to forget your old songs Madonna.

Also... I know that she approaches her live shows as art installations and performance art - and I love it, I do. I love that she's not "cruise ship entertainment" reeling out the hits all the time - but she's playing stadiums. She's not playing 5,000 seaters for the hardcore fanatics. Therefore, as a sign of respect for the audience, please don't insult them by playing 90 seconds of "Papa Don't Preach"!

I think that she is personally resistant to playing the major older hit songs. I remember a few years back at least a few interviews when she spoke negatively a/b having to perform like a virgin and holiday again. I really loved the mdna tour and I spent way too much money on my multiple tickets, but I feel that she could have performed just one or two more older hit songs in their original form. I have to admit I was like what the fuck when I heard her sing spanish lesson. I like that cheesy song, but that was such a strange choice to sing even though she was in south america.

Anyway, I like her live interpertations of her songs (especially confessions tour), but most of the time I prefer her studio versions.

Her mind is already on the right place. Doesn't want to tour (and is fighting against Live Nation on this one) and wants to focus on more material for her next album (confirmed by Madonna herself in a recent interview).

in which interview please ? i wanna see it thank you

Sorry, but it's not my fault she has selective memory and for some reason thinks that her only '80s hits were "Like a Virgin", "Holiday" and "La Isla Bonita". :rotfl: Get a grip Madge! Someone needs to actually put her in a room with copies of all her records and actually play them to her to remind her of what great shit she has released that remains completely forgotten by her. It's not "cool" to forget your old songs Madonna.

I agree with you on this, i think that she just doesn't like them for whatever reason...i remember during the request section in one of the S&S shows someone asked for True Blue and she looked disgusted, same with Cherish at a different S&S show.

I would love for her to perform more of the non-sinlges from the 80's(Where's the party, over and over, PA, Spanish Eyes to name a few), instead of the bigger older hits.

I'm sorry, this thread doesn't make any sense. This tour is no different than confessions and S&S in regards to performing hits/reinvented hits/current album tracks. Casual fans seeing the confessions tour/S&S tour were left bored during current album (non-single) tracks. What makes the MDNA tour any different?!?! Just because you aren't happy with the song choices doesn't mean it was a bad lineup.

good grief.

Erm, sorry, but all these fans saying she gets sick of playing the oldies in original form etc. - errrr... since when? When was the last time she actually played all those old hits tour after tour after tour in original form? She has dozens of '80s and '90s hits that she seems to have forgotten about. And the ones she frequently remembers to play are usually reinvented. Sorry, but it's not my fault she has selective memory and for some reason thinks that her only '80s hits were "Like a Virgin", "Holiday" and "La Isla Bonita". :rotfl: Get a grip Madge! Someone needs to actually put her in a room with copies of all her records and actually play them to her to remind her of what great shit she has released that remains completely forgotten by her. It's not "cool" to forget your old songs Madonna.

Also... I know that she approaches her live shows as art installations and performance art - and I love it, I do. I love that she's not "cruise ship entertainment" reeling out the hits all the time - but she's playing stadiums. She's not playing 5,000 seaters for the hardcore fanatics. Therefore, as a sign of respect for the audience, please don't insult them by playing 90 seconds of "Papa Don't Preach"!

Express yourself

Human Nature

Papa dont preach (90 seconds...so what)

Vogue

Like a prayer

ALL album/single versions. GREAT for the casual fans

REAL fans got what they wanted too. SHE PLEASED EVERYONE. You aren;t happy with the setlist. deal with it. stop making excuses that she isn't pleasing her audience.

Did you actually read anything of what I said? I already prefaced this thread by saying I fucking loved The MDNA Tour and went four times! I personally have no issue with what she does. I'm voicing what a lot of casual fans and the public say about her persistence on not playing any hits. I went to the shows with friends & family who are not 10% of her fanbase that spend their time like me buying all her records or posting on her message boards. They want to hear the hits.

Get a grip yourself motherfucker and eat it!

Did you actually read anything of what I said? I already prefaced this thread by saying I fucking loved The MDNA Tour and went four times! I personally have no issue with what she does. I'm voicing what a lot of casual fans and the public say about her persistence on not playing any hits. I went to the shows with friends & family who are not 10% of her fanbase that spend their time like me buying all her records or posting on her message boards. They want to hear the hits.

Get a grip yourself motherfucker and eat it!

I went with people that loved it and were entertained. AND I WILL EAT IT!!!! give me something good to eat ;)

Why she locked herself into this deal with Live Nation after freeing herself from Warner is one of the most puzzling decisions in her carrer, honestly.

If she wasn't under the pressure of performing these mammoth tours and grossing the top tour of all time we wouldn't even be discussing such "stupid" matters (not that they are completely stupid, but you get what I mean - there's a reason why we don't hear Nothing Fails, Love Profusion, Power of Goodbye, etc. and partially it has to do with this) and we'd be able to see her go really wild.

Girl Gone Wild + Revolver + Gang Bang + Papa Don't Preach + Hung Up + I DOn't Give A + Best Friend (Interlude)

Her MAGNUM OPUS as a performance artist.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Imma let you finish but... Justify My Love + Vogue + Candy Shop/Erotica + Human Nature + Like a Virgin/Love Spent is the magnum opus of her career ;)

Yours is cool too, though! ;)

Imma let you finish but... Justify My Love + Vogue + Candy Shop/Erotica + Human Nature + Like a Virgin/Love Spent is the magnum opus of her career ;)

Yours is cool too, though! ;)

Shut up bitches!

Like a Virgin + Like a Prayer + Live To Tell + Oh Father + Papa Don't Preach.

I dare her to top this.

I think she should do a hits tour next. She can always go back on tour and do new material! She has years to tour! I'd like to see this set list in this order.

(New York Street Boy Toy Opening Sidewalk Talk)

Everybody/Physical Attraction

Lucky Star

Burnin Up

Borderline

Like A Virgin/Material Girl/Dress You Up/Angel

(Madonna Movie Star section/interlude Vogue)

Into The Groove

Crazy For You/Gambler

Live To Tell

Whos That Girl/Causing A Commotion

(Religous Provacatour section/interlude Like A Prayer )

Express Yourself/Rescue Me

Cherish

Justify My Love/Erotica/Bad Girl

Bedtime Stories/Frozen

Groundbreaking Legendary Icon section/interlude Ray of Light)

Music/Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

Hung Up

4 Minutes

Give Me All Your Luvin'/Turn Up The Radio

Encore

Holiday

Take A Bow

Edited by Lucky

I think she should do a hits tour next. She can always go back on tour and do new material! She has years to tour! I'd like to see this set list in this order.

(New York Street Boy Toy Opening Sidewalk Talk)

Everybody/Physical Attraction

Lucky Star

Burnin Up

Borderline

Like A Virgin/Material Girl/Dress You Up/Angel

(Madonna Movie Star section/interlude Vogue)

Into The Groove

Crazy For You/Gambler

Live To Tell

Whos That Girl/Causing A Commotion

(Religous Provacatour section/interlude Like A Prayer )

Express Yourself/Rescue Me

Cherish

Justify My Love/Erotica/Bad Girl

Bedtime Stories/Frozen

Groundbreaking Legendary Icon section/interlude Ray of Light)

Music/Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

Hung Up

4 Minutes

Give Me All Your Luvin'/Turn Up The Radio

Encore

Holiday

Take A Bow

The problem with the MDNA tour was there were no hits from the album so there seemed to be more album tracks on this tour than previous ones as no one recognised the singles when they were played :/

Normally she has a monster first single and sizeable second hit that people know by the time the tour starts.

I think it's fear.

Fear of being seen as a nostalgia legacy act

Fear of admitting her new music hasn't resonated with the masses

Fear of repeating herself

Fear that once everyone sees that elusive GH Tour, they won't come back

Fear of embracing the past.

Really she just needs to find a better balance between the old and new. She's MADONNA and will obv always sell tickets but those big stadium numbers will dry up very soon unless she goes in a different direction.

fuck anyone who wants to hear all the original songs like they're on the album. could as easily go in a dark room, put the record on and add audience noises to the background. I love her because she does exactly the opposite from that. and the reinventions are mostly very well done and interesting. of course some are better than others, but at least she's giving us something new every time.

and best friend/nobody knows me is a cool remix. I love all the reinventions on the MDNA tour except for the camera flash sounds in vogue and the "give it to me" adds in celebration. celebration seemed perfect already to me. I really thought she messed that one up. she shits on everyone else ;)/>

I think it's fear.

tumblr_inline_mfg2xi4XJq1rz3qwj.gif

I think it's fear.

Really she just needs to find a better balance between the old and new. She's MADONNA and will obv always sell tickets but those big stadium numbers will dry up very soon unless she goes in a different direction.

No, just NO

Seriously, do we need more oldies on her tours??? Why? Have you enjoyed the shows or not at all?

I love most of them just the way they are... except Sticky & Smell and not for the songs, but beacuse I think she didn't care as much as she care on MDNA, CT and DWT.