June 3/4 - Abu Dhabi

Camacho

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I hope Sued remembers the chair dance steps to I'M ADDICTED we practiced with him last night before bed. Hopefully he can pull them off while watching the show.

The dance is very Julia Stiles, very white girl dates black guy, very social issue-esque.

Nessie you can't hotlink images from that site. They need to be reuploaded elsewhere.

Oh shit i cant believe im posting it and nobody can view lol

I've been posting pics from that site since forever and only now somebody says that nobody can view it :gross:

I can see all of them Nessie, dont cry. :kiss2:

BTW Her hair in EY and GMAYL is still a mess.

http://news.yahoo.co...-201858968.html

Madonna wows fans in first ever Gulf concert

US pop icon Madonna hit the stage running at Abu Dhabi's Yas Island stadium on Sunday in her first ever concert in the Gulf, days after launching a world tour in Israel.

An estimated 25,000 fans cheered and screamed as the Material Girl finally appeared on stage more than two hours late, wearing a skin-tight black outfit from her "Girl Gone Wild" album.

Sunday's concert was the first of two Abu Dhabi performances. The second, announced after tickets for Sunday's event sold out in hours, will be on Monday.

Brandishing an assault rifle during her hit Revolver, the superstar saluted the emirate of Abu Dhabi, the second stop in her MDNA world tour.

"Ladies and gentlemen... It's too damn hot!" Madonna later told the audience who braved temperatures exceeding 30 degrees in the desert nation.

Tala and Omar Zaru, fans from Jordan, were also celebrating their 13th wedding anniversary and Omar's 41st birthday.

"Celebrating our two special occasions with Madonna can't be bettered," said Tala.

Madonna began her much anticipated tour in Tel Aviv last week, calling from the stage for Middle East peace.

"As you know, the Middle East and all the conflict that occurs here and have been occurring for thousands of years, they have to stop," she said. "You can't be a fan of mine and not want peace in the world."

"So start today -- every single one of you, if there is peace here in the Middle East, there can be peace in the whole world."

In Abu Dhabi, Omar Zaru was unimpressed.

"I wish I had the freedom to go there and see her. But I can't because I am Palestinian and there is an occupation," said Omar who comes from Ramallah in the West Bank.

Others appeared not bothered that she had performed in Israel, considered by most Arabs to be an arch-enemy.

"We are a peaceful people," said Lebanese Patricia Chebli, 37.

"Culture is for everybody, so I don't mind" that she went to Tel Aviv.

The tour -- Madonna's first since her wildly successful "Sticky and Sweet" outing in 2008 and 2009 -- will move on to Europe and the Americas, with concerts planned in a total of 80 countries.

It is expected to end in early 2013 in Australia.

Edited by Hector

http://www.thenation...ng-them-waiting

AD20120604243793-Abu_Dhabi,_UAE.jpgAD20120604243793-1-Abu_Dhabi,_UAE.jpg

Madonna blows fans away after keeping them waiting

Marie-Louise Olson

Jun 4, 2012

ABU DHABI // More than 22,000 Madonna fans braved the heat last night to see their idol's first performance in the Arab world.

The entertainer, who is known for her daring and extravagant performances, was as controversial as ever as she took to the stage at du Arena on Yas Island.

Boos and cat whistles rippled through the arena, getting louder and louder, as impatient fans were subjected to more than an hour of Michael Jackson songs while waiting for Madonna to appear.

She finally came onstage at 10.40pm - more than 90 minutes late.

Muna Ismail, a Canadian fan, was shocked by the delay. "I don't understand what's happening," she said. "Is she ever coming out?"

Twitter was also being bombarded by disgruntled fans, including Samantha Dancy, who tweeted: "1 hour and a quarter Madonna - the boos are only going to get louder - it's very sweaty out here!"

The 53-year-old singer finally kicked off the show, the first of two concerts in the capital, to the sound of a chiming church bell and dancers clad in red monks' cloaks.

The five-minute intro was dripping with religious iconography as a massive gold-coloured Catholic thurible, teeming with smoke, swung over the heads of the audience.

Madonna appeared on stage wearing a black veil, gold crown and a skin-tight black catsuit, after pretending to smash a window with a large rifle.

The singer, who was bursting with energy and looking fit as ever, started her set with the upbeat Girl Gone Wild, from her new album, accompanied by male dancers who had thrown off their cloaks and were dancing shirtless.

"All right, Abu Dhabi, are you ready?" she shouted.

The ensuing performance featured gunshots and violent, bloody images on the stage screens. The singer also performed elaborate stunts and acrobatics.

Many fans said they were blown away.

"She's amazing!" said Carol Lopez, 23, from the Philippines. "I love the fact that she is still making concerts like this after so many years."

The months leading up to the concerts had been dominated by questions of whether it would be too hot for a concert of this calibre. Temperatures have been reaching the mid-40s in recent weeks.

Madonna made mention of it.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's too damn hot!" she said. "But we're going to have some fun anyway."

Many people were fanning their faces, but took it in their stride. "Yeah, it's pretty warm, but then I did expect this, so it's not a big deal," said Ayesha Deepak, 35, from India.

A cooling dome with mist had been erected by the event's organisers for revellers to keep cool, but some fans said it was not working for them.

"The mist is not very cold. I can hardly feel it," said Fiona, 16, who lives in Dubai.

The show marked the latest expansion to du Arena, formerly Yas Arena. Although there was an increase from one to four entrances for fans, queues were still an issue for those with general admission tickets.

Tarek Ghanem, from Jordan, queued for almost an hour. "I was expecting it to run smoother than this," he said.

Inside the venue, fans were lounging about on the newly laid grassy areas that had replaced the previous gravel.

A new central public plaza had shops selling Madonna merchandise - the Dh150 T-shirts being the most popular, according to the sales staff at the counter.

Abdullah, a 25-year-old fan who had come from Bahrain to see the concert, said he had been "so excited for months" to see Madonna since he bought a ticket online in February when they went on sale.

"I was one of the few lucky ones who managed to get a ticket online," he said.

There were surprisingly few people carrying banners at the concert, but some, including Azza Yahia, 33, from Lebanon, and Lamya Tawfik, 35, from Egypt, were dressed in full Madonna gear.

"We're big fans of Madonna," said Azza, who had even painted the singer's famous black beauty spot on her face.

Sales staff were meandering through the venue selling cold towelettes for Dh15 each, and a few air-conditioning machines blowing cold air attracted some people trying to cool down.

Water bottles were sold as a two-for-one deal for Dh10 at seven stations scattered throughout the venue and many people were wandering around cradling four or more bottles.

However, one of the booths had an electricity problem, so the water was warm, and the water booth at the general admission entrance had run out by 8.30pm.

All the pieces in the elaborate stage set-up, including lighting, sound equipment and 120 technicians, had been flown to Abu Dhabi in three Boeing 747s.

The tour is the singer's first performance in the Middle East during her 30-year career, and was the second concert of her 86-date tour, during which she will perform in more than 30 countries.

The set list included a few of her famous songs, such as Like a Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Vogue and Express Yourself, but was dominated by new songs, including Turn Up The Radio and I'm Addicted.

Extra tickets for the first concert, which the promoters said sold out within hours, were released this week. The promoters said the venue adjustments had created more space.

Some people were outside the entrances selling tickets for as little as Dh80. "I just have to get rid of them," said one.

Tickets are still available for her show tonight.

Edited by Hector

it hardly never happens for her that she is late by even more than 15-20minutes so it happened this time big deal. You never know what happened backstage...unlike Lady GAGA the 3 times i saw her in montreal on the floor with no seats she was late all three 2 hours & 6 minutes tell me that's not intentional

OMG i hope her hair doesn't look nasty and greasy with all that heat and sweat.

Yes, i wonder why nothing has been done yet. Maybe the greasy nasty hair is in fashion i don't know. :dazed:

It was incredible ! I'm on the iPhone and i am tired but it was absolutely fantastic.

Yes she was late but big deal. Benassi played too long and the organisation was shambolic in the venue anyway.

Most importantly ... I was in the triangle.. Front row... And.....

I touched her hand during Like a Prayer!!

I can't describe it.. It just all went by so quickly. Can't wait to see it again tomorrow but this time I'm in the cheap seats. I don't think I will ever be as close in a madonna show as I was to her tonight.

The show is amazing. It's as if Sticky never even happened. Proper old school Madonna.

She kept saying it was too hot. Brought flashbacks of BAT Barcelona.

Transgression segment is ultraviolent. Like Blonde Ambition meets Drowned World.

Like the album, there are many self referential elements (to previous tours) in this show.