June 3/4 - Abu Dhabi

Camacho

Sorry I keep on going with these sporadic tips! Hahaha I just remember another thing -

And once again SORRY as this will come off borderline racist, BUT try to stay away from the traveling/expat Indian groups. There were a few fights that broke out in the Gold Circle last night (only men and women, no gays fighting thank goodness!). Usually they came in groups and started ordering and drinking beer and SMOKING! How rude!

Just a tip to avoid them so you can fully optimize your Madonna experience. And of course, temper's way way higher in this Abu Dhabi heat. ENJOY!!!

THANKS GU. God am going to be BAKED !

I saw people leaving the hotel at 8 pm last night ! My god 3 hour pee holding ??? :ohmy:

I have a big bladder. Just drink moderately and only when thirsty. :D

- She was so affected by the heat. One time she said "This shit is HOT, This shit is HOT, motherfuckers!" (pointing to her pussy)

I want a video of that :D

- Don't get me wrong, it was the best concert I've ever seen, I cried during Like a Prayer, but I thought she was uncharacteristically stiff. Some in the crowd were commenting that age seems to be already getting to her. She also seemed so tired.

:(

I hope there isn't anything wrong with her and she's not regretting doing the tour or something like that. I don't remember reading reviews for the S&S Tour which were saying she was tired, even though she looked bad in some pictures.

It was a mix of live and lip synching and lots of backing track and vocals. Don't forget she gets a lot of help from Kalakan and the girls so sometimes even when shes live you may think she isn't.

When she did sing live she sounded very good. Which is why it's nice to catch her at the beginning of her tours before she's shot!

I must admit my sisters said she looked tired and her moves weren't as slick as before (they both also saw Sticky and Confessions and my older sister went to BAT with me back in the day!)

I didnt think she looked particularly tired. She looks her age up close but so what? When she looks plastic people complain and when she look her age people still complain! "the face" was still very much there and her presenc was electrifying.

She is the only Western act to have packed 2 shows at Yas in Abu Dhabi. The queue for golden circle went all the way around the street. My sister (who worked at Flash media as henc why we got those tickets) said this was never seen for any other artist.

Thirty years into her career she manages this in a Muslim county in the middle east.

We shoul be proud to be Madonna fans. The Queen is still veryich alive and on her throne.

Guest sambassile

Now it is my turn to give my small review.

To be honest i am still shaken by the whole experience....

I have been living in Dubai for the past 5 years. The road trip to Abu Dhabi, took us around 50 mins. We arrived at 5 pm. It was hot but still bearable.

The whole thing wasn’t properly organized. We had to wait until 8pm until they opened the gates, and they didn’t even check our tickets. Anyone could have photocopied the same ticket 10 times and probably would’ve had gone away with it.

Unfortunately Madonna was 2 hours late. She didn’t come on stage until well after 11 pm, by that time the crowd was on the verge of exploding. People were booing her, the heat was soaring ( at night it gets hotter due to the humidity….), some people were fainting….. and Benny Benassi’s act was soooo long and unnecessary.

The mood changed as soon as she went on stage. The opening was the most haunting and intense experience I’ve been been through. Words cannot describe it. It was so scary and powerful. It captivated everyone in the arena.

Madonna looked incredible, she sang well live.

Vogue, I’m Addicted & I’m A Sinner were my favorites. Gang Bang was great as well. Like a Prayer was a crowd pleaser. It all felt like a religious experience.

The whole show was captivating.

Like A Virgin was a downer though. She didn’t sing it well and she simply butchered the track. Obviously the heat was too much on her. She wasn’t interacting that much with the crowd.

But all is all she did an amazing job. The show is perfection and outstanding. I can’t wait to see her once again on the 6th of Sept at the Yankee Stadium in NYC.

Edited by sambassile

oMG you're so lucky! I'm actually thinking of seeing her again tonight but general admission this time if there are still tix

Do it!!

There are golden circle tickets too but I can't because tonight I'm going with an old friend and she can't affor anything beyond the cheapest tickets. It's okay though because I have gold circle for Uk shows. And to e honest I woul like to get a nosebleed perspective for once! No added anxiety!

She asked me where I'm from and I said I flew all the way from Enand and I'm missing the Queen's Jubilee there to see my Queen here.

Obviously it worked!

I'd say if you dont have early entry gold circle you can forget about being picked for gold triangle in the venue because you'll be too far back. Unless you get lucky with the iPad thing in the queue.

Can't wait to check out all the lighting tomorrow from the back and watch her from the screens :lmao:

So I need to drop the "I've flown all the way from Australia to be here!" line into the conversation somewhere, then?! ;)

Glad you got so lucky, Suedehead! Sounds like you had a brilliant time!!! Did they actually lead you to the very front past everyone who was already in the Golden Triangle?

I'm sure the heat didn't help with energy or appearances. Why is everyone freaking out so much.

THIS!! It was hot as hell, not a surprise she was tired! Anyone would be.

Thanks for giving so many tips for the best concert going experience. I think it will help alot of people plan since it's still early days.

The organization problems don't surprize me. Just wait till Italy!! :tongue:

For those who say last night's show:

Did she say a few words to the audience during/before Masterpiece as in Israel?

Did the end feel abrupt?

Sorry I keep on going with these sporadic tips! Hahaha I just remember another thing -

And once again SORRY as this will come off borderline racist, BUT try to stay away from the traveling/expat Indian groups. There were a few fights that broke out in the Gold Circle last night (only men and women, no gays fighting thank goodness!). Usually they came in groups and started ordering and drinking beer and SMOKING! How rude!

Just a tip to avoid them so you can fully optimize your Madonna experience. And of course, temper's way way higher in this Abu Dhabi heat. ENJOY!!!

I understand what your saying. Europe has similar problems with gypsies.

Guest sambassile

Thanks for giving so many tips for the best concert going experience. I think it will help alot of people plan since it's still early days.

The organization problems don't surprize me. Just wait till Italy!! :tongue:

For those who say last night's show:

Did she say a few words to the audience during/before Masterpiece as in Israel?

Did the end feel abrupt?

Yes it did feel abrupt. All she said was Good Night & Thank you. She barely spoke to the audience.

But who cares? The show was awesome and i love her more than ever. I respect her alot.

Edited by sambassile

Report from Yas Viceroy. I kept seeing all her dancers all over the place and Just now I was blocked my a hotel security guard on my way to the gym and he said " Sorry sit you can't use the lift now. We have a VIP guest and she's about to leave ." Hmmmm I wonder who that could be?? The Viceroy has two buildings The Main building and the Marina Building. She's staying in the Marina Building ( same as me! ) and they have closed off all access to the pool in the Marina Building.

I still find it weird when Madonna is in the same city as I am... but knowing that she's in the same building??? GO, Butter, STALK the bitch!!! :elite:

I still find it weird when Madonna is in the same city as I am... but knowing that she's in the same building??? GO, Butter, STALK the bitch!!! :elite:

I'm so tempted to get the elevator up to the 7th floor. They closed off the whole floor for the queen. She has left for sound check now .

Vamos Mantequilla!!!

I see tons of expat-y crowd at the hotel.All going to see Madonna. But I agree with many posted if I had to performed in this heat i would probably collapse in the first 5 mins so bravo to her really .

Have a brilliant time, Butter!! Thanks for the hotel updates!

Thanks Carta. I will report back :) Finger crossed for Australia. I hope she makes it happen :)

So I need to drop the "I've flown all the way from Australia to be here!" line into the conversation somewhere, then?! ;)

Glad you got so lucky, Suedehead! Sounds like you had a brilliant time!!! Did they actually lead you to the very front past everyone who was already in the Golden Triangle?

The golden triangle was quite roomy when we got in so I easily made it to the first row.

Whilst the main golden circle gets very busy (thanks LiveNation) I think the triangle is arranged by Madonna's team so they do want the die hard fans in there but they will make sure it isn't too crowded in there.

I was just annoyed that there were these families with 5 year olds in the golden triangle. For God's sake!

The golden triangle was quite roomy when we got in so I easily made it to the first row.

Whilst the main golden circle gets very busy (thanks LiveNation) I think the triangle is arranged by Madonna's team so they do want the die hard fans in there but they will make sure it isn't too crowded in there.

I was just annoyed that there were these families with 5 year olds in the golden triangle. For God's sake!

Isn't that a bit dangerous ? ( and annoying ?? )

That's so brilliant that you got in! I'm guessing you had Early Entrance tickets and that's how you got right to the tip of the triangle (?). Did they only let you and your sisters in or were others at the very front let in?

I can't believe there were 5 year olds in there!! That's just insane....! Did your sisters like the show as much as you?

Thanks for the info! I'll be heading for the end of the triangle and keeping everything crossed!!! Mind you, even if I don't get into the Golden Triangle, I know the trip will be worth every cent and every minute of the 30-hour travelling time to get there :)

Thanks Carta. I will report back :) Finger crossed for Australia. I hope she makes it happen :)

I'm sure she will! Do you have Early Access? Fingers crossed for the Golden Triangle!