MDNA PREMIERE IN TEL AVIV: GAY COMA ROOM

acko

I'm Addicted looks so MEH. I expected more dancing. That outfit is horrible, the punch effects are so annoying. I will love it live tho, but getting this performance for one of the best songs on MDNA is unfair..

[media=]

[/media]

God, that's the most random performance of this tour (so far). I agree - this song deserved MUCH more. A real, real shame. I love this song so much I can't even tell you. I was so expecting a LIWB/SNM erratic dancing moment for IA...

I wonder why all the last performances of the concert seem to be so hit and miss? Celebration seems to have the same problem. The whole "Rave" section of the S&ST is the definition of "forgettable". It really surprises me since those are the songs with the most potential.

Oh well, there's always the fast-forward button. :(

I know why everyone else is bashing S&S but why are you? S&S will always be special for me because it was the first time I saw Madonna and Candy Shop live with male dancers in sheer socks! I can't believe I'm alive today to write this.

Compared to her other tours, S&S looks mediocre. It feels like it was rushed. I don't feel it represents M well. But, if you compare S&S to what the other pop stars are doing, then S&S is a great tour. For M though, I feel its one of her worst tours. The sublime feel of MDNA makes it even more obvious. It makes S&S look even worse.

This tour truly comes at the best time. During an era when people are saying she's old, that Gaga is the new queen... etc. she comes out with arguably one of the best pop tours in history. This tour shows everyone why she is truly the queen of pop. The stage alone will be talked about for decades to come, similarly to the way people always bring up U2's claw. MDNA = the DNA of the pop world.

I wonder why all the last performances of the concert seem to be so hit and miss? Celebration seems to have the same problem. The whole "Rave" section of the S&ST is the definition of "forgettable". It really surprises me since those are the songs with the most potential.

"Celebration" isn't one of my favourite but it was done really good and worked great as the final number.

It looks like people are going to try and spin the Nobody Knows Me backdrop into an anti-Semitism controversy...

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/69419417.html

I read through the first page of comments and everyone hating, actually retracted their comments and said they loved it and it was one of the best interludes and M-related things they've ever seen! I knew people couldn't be THAT stupid...

Compared to her other tours, S&S looks mediocre. It feels like it was rushed. I don't feel it represents M well. But, if you compare S&S to what the other pop stars are doing, then S&S is a great tour. For M though, I feel its one of her worst tours. The sublime feel of MDNA makes it even more obvious. It makes S&S look even worse.

This tour truly comes at the best time. During an era when people are saying she's old, that Gaga is the new queen... etc. she comes out with arguably one of the best pop tours in history. This tour shows everyone why she is truly the queen of pop. The stage alone will be talked about for decades to come, similarly to the way people always bring up U2's claw. MDNA = the DNA of the pop world.

Yes. This tour is so avant garde technically and has not been done before. Brilliant. This far into her career to be coming up with this makes me in awe. WOW.

She's not going to say ANYTHING, at best it's her minions who will do the dirty work, as always.

Sorry I should've made it more OBVIOUS I was meaning Lucky Guy NOT lady gaga :lol:

Decent recording, too bad though that the last few seconds are missing. She takes the napkin from the tray, fucks & comes in it.

I think Jamie King was all out of ideas on S&S which is why he has no current professional involvement with Madonna.

I really respect the first segment of Sticky & Sweet. It's classic Madonna to me, a bit of her old school flavor. It's a true stadium show for the first act. Loved that opening costume too and how she strips off more and more clothing until she gets to Vogue. It's an iconica look IMO. I even like the Keith Haring section. The gypsy part is passable as well. Where it all falls apart is the last section (save for Like A Prayer) - it's so crap that it almost undoes the entire show.

I feel like Hard Candy/Sticky & Sweet was Madonna at her most inoffensive, giving what everyone wanted, and being ok with it. With MDNA I feel like she's not as interested in being America's sweetheart.

I really respect the first segment of Sticky & Sweet. It's classic Madonna to me, a bit of her old school flavor. It's a true stadium show for the first act. Loved that opening costume too and how she strips off more and more clothing until she gets to Vogue. It's an iconica look IMO. I even like the Keith Haring section. The gypsy part is passable as well. Where it all falls apart is the last section (save for Like A Prayer) - it's so crap that it almost undoes the entire show.

I feel like Hard Candy/Sticky & Sweet was Madonna at her most inoffensive, giving what everyone wanted, and being ok with it. With MDNA I feel like she's not as interested in being America's sweetheart.

I think S&S actually had several great moments, and some sections were stronger than others for sure. It did feel a little "produced for the masses" though, you're right.

We agree on something!

So true.....like GuyO says in the EPK, she doesn't look left, doesn't look right, just looks forward and does what she pleases. THIS is why so many insecure fucktards hate her; cause they don't have the balls to approach their own lives that way. I think you'll find that (genuine) fans of Madonna are comfortable with who they are and, for the most part, live their own lives that way. I'm not your BITCH :sassy:

I think S&S actually had several great moments, and some sections were stronger than others for sure. It did feel a little "produced for the masses" though, you're right.

It's one of my favorite tours & I do love the majority of it. But I do feel like it was less imaginative than most of her previous tours. Not necessarily a bad thing really, it felt appropriate considering the album it was supporting. It was like Who's That Girl meets Reinvention. Those particular tours are barely watchable for me because the cheese-factor is SO high, but for Sticky she managed to finally marry the idea of stadium show and the MADONNA-FACTOR - and that's why for the first 3/4 of it, it's pretty great. But the last section was just so terrible :lol:

Madonna tours are just like Madonna albums - very few of them are back to front perfect, and maybe 1 or 2 of them are best forgotten (cough Reinvention) but her highs are MONUMENTALLY impressive.

[media=]

[/media]

Karate Kid for I'm Addicted?? Um, ok, Marge :|

This is the first time I've actually thought Madonna looks/is lame. Dullest performance ever? It is for me. If this performance is any indication of her concepts and ideas for this song, then forget it, I don't want IA released or a video for it (as if she would've bothered, anyway).

At least it's not lipsynced. *forced smile*

[media=]

[/media]

This is the first time I've actually thought Madonna looks/is lame. Dullest performance ever? It is for me. If this performance is any indication of her concepts and ideas for this song, then forget it, I don't want IA released or a video for it (as if she would've bothered, anyway).

:lol: Yeah it's weird. But I love it cause it's just so fucking bat shit crazy

Guest Xanthium

S&S did have some great moments (my favorites being Vogue and the Get Stupid interlude) but it did suffer tremendously from by-the-numbers syndrome. It wasn't provocative, it wasn't artistic. It was straight up fun and there's nothing wrong with that but it just didn't give us any edge.

[media=]

[/media]

Now that's some amazing futuristic shit right there. :wow:

Is not a bad last song performance. Is just too short. Mixed with Holiday would be a good idea.

Celebration looks really cool on repeat views but yeah seems a bit short. Especially when you compare HU and GI2M were 9mins+

I still can't get over how awesome the stage is!

[media=]

[/media]

well aren't you just a ball of positivity. hope you don't lose sleep over it. the song/performance rocked.