Madonna World Tour Schedule

Guest groovyguy

Guest groovyguy

on second thought, don't you think solveig is just talking about his DJ set, as he is opening for her in most of europe?

I need an artsy RIT or Confessions opening, not another SS repeat with cheap dance beats

He's talking about his opening sets.

I don't think 45.000 tickets have been already sold for Rome.

Yes they have as it was reported by Vanity Fair Italia, the current issue where she graces the cover by the way :thumbsup:

I checked the other day you posted the link and it seems she's sold out a couple more sections since. Hopefully not a lot of tickets are left overall.

Guest groovyguy

For S&S she sold 579500 tickets and grossed $91,641,961 in North America. As MDNA has sold 653000 tickets to the 43 North American leg (30K remaining) with more expensive ticket prices, it should easily gross more than $100 millions in North America.

Yes they have as it was reported by Vanity Fair Italia, the current issue where she graces the cover by the way :thumbsup:

Yes true, but I don't believe VF is accurate source: it says already have been sold 40.000 tickets for each of the 3 show in Italy: I don't believe Rome has sold the same amount as Milan already: and btw in Milan have been sold way more than 40.000 tickets.

I guess they just took the total amount of tickets sold and divided for 3. :)

I was talking to a friend who works for BEC the concert promoter here in Thailand and she said MDNA Live Bangkok is at bidding stage . This year they have lined up Gaga the Rihanna and they would like to close the year ( probably Nov or Dec ) with Madonna .

November or december in Thailand? :asian:

Seems impossible :doh:

Sorry I meant they wanted to close the deal within this year and bring the tour here next year . I thought she ( my friend ) actually said they wanted Madonna to play here in Nov/Dec but I called her today and she said they were were hoping to close the deal before Nov.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.examiner.com/article/madonna-to-film-four-videos-at-upcoming-tour-debut

Madonna to film four videos at upcoming tour debut

Edward Daily

San Diego Music Examiner

San Diego’s Z90.3 has been giving away tickets to Madonna’s upcoming tour in the United States, which has broken ticket sales records everywhere. Madonna starts her MDNA tour in Tel Aviv on May 31. Her manager, Guy Oseary, just tweeted that four of her opening night performances will be filmed.

We can reveal that the four performances that will be filmed are “Turn up the Radio,” “Love Spent,” “Physical Attraction,” and “Music.” The performance of “Turn up the Radio” or “Love Spent” will likely be released as Madonna’s next music video.

Madonna is riding high this year. In addition to performing at the Super Bowl before the largest audience in American television history, her album MDNA debuted at number one in over 30 countries and produced her record-breaking 38th top ten hit, ”Give Me All Your Luvin’.” Although she won’t be performing in San Diego this year, you can catch Madonna in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

Guest groovyguy

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=38467&view=findpost&p=1271296

Popstar Madonna will be touring the world from May 31 with flexible hoses from Neede. Ontop of the giant stage the popstar will bring an inflatable roof, filled with air through hoses from the company Reefhors in Neede.

Director Herman ten Barge is very proud of the special order. As dj he spanned a lot of Madonna tracks in the 80s.

The international stage building company StageCo from Belgium will be building FOUR huge, identical sages of 70 meters in width, 40 meres deep and 26 metros in height.

"A sail as roof was found to be too risky, that is why a construction was thought of with an inflatable roof."

A customer of Reefhoors will be taking care of the fans and approached Ten Barge to supply more than a kilometer of hoses. I instantly said "whatever happens, I will fulfill Madonna's order".

From a Dutch paper.

-----

Look @ the dimensions of their stage (85' high by 200' wide... M's is 85' by 230') http://www.mgmclaren.com/node/276 - Meaning its even bigger than that of the rolling stones' bigger bang tour stage.

Stones%2BStage%2BSeats.jpg

We're gonna get a real stadium stage :bow:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/05/13/the-mdna-tour-stage-will-have-an-inflatable-roof/

The MDNA Tour stage will have an inflatable roof

The latest press release stated that the MDNA Tour would have the largest video screens ever created. Now we’ve got more information from Belgium and the Netherlands…

Herman ten Barge, CEO of Dutch company Reefhors, is proud to be working on the inflatable roof of Madonna’s MDNA Tour stage that will be filled with air using Reefhors’ hoses.

He explained…

Using a sail as a roof was deemed to risky, so they opted for a construction with a inflatable roof.

We also learn that international stage construction company StageCo from Belgium is currently building four huge, identical stages. The dimensions of each stage are 70m in width by 40m in depth by 26m in height.

20120513-news-madonna-mdna-tour-stage-inflatable-roof.jpg

Source: TC Tubantia

Translation: Madonnarama

Guest groovyguy

http://www.gaypartix.com/parties/TELAVIV-ISRAEL/Madonna-Pre-Party/index.htm

The official MDNA Tour party in Tel Aviv

Shirazi FFF & SMIRNOFF Present” White Goes Wild”, the official Madonna party in Tel Aviv on May 25th 2012.

Dress Code: Only WHITE!!!

Music by Michel Cleis (Cadenza Records), Tal Cohen, Asi Kojak, Moti S, Winnie Pootz

During the party will be a Special Tribute Drag Queen Show by most famous drag queens of Israel!!

PLACE: Haoman 17 Club, Tel Aviv

DIRECTION: Albarbanel St. 88

DATE: 25 MAY 2012

TIME: 11:59 – 08:00

PRICE: Advance €25, excl €2,00 Service Charge

More details HERE!

Guest groovyguy

http://allaboutmadonna.com/2012/05/madonna-wants-the-show-to-go-on-perfectly.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+allaboutMadonna+%28all+about+Madonna%29

May13

“Madonna wants the show to go on perfectly”

Over the years, events giant Flash Entertainment have brought some of the world’s biggest music acts to the UAE shores. But the real test will come in the form of showgirl Madonna in June.

As they gear up to welcome the legendary hitmaker and her 50,000 fans who will descend upon du Arena over two nights (June 3 and 4), tabloid! sits down with John Lickrish, CEO of Flash Entertainment, to get the details that are being worked on.

Joining Flash in their mission is UAE’s telecom provider du who have signed a four-year naming rights deal that has resulted in the re-christening of the former Yas Arena and Yas Forum. Both will now be known as du Arena and du Forum respectively.

Madonna’s sole request to Flash, said Lickrish, is that the show “has to be perfect”.

Excerpts from the interview:

Are you all set for the Madonna concert?

Absolutely. It’s a big act. We have been preparing since October but it’s bound to be hectic at the last minute. It’s going to be a life-changing experience.

Also, Madonna is very meticulous and I tell my team that any mistake made on this show, you will feel the after-effects ten times more. So everything has to run incredibly smoothly. There’s no room for any technical glitches. It’s a test for the city and for us.

What are the logistics involved?

We are expecting 50,000 people in total. We had to take out our stage because the Madonna stage is much bigger. Now, the stage is being pushed forward to the venue from underneath the roof to accommodate the size given. Last week we got the designs and the drawings. We have to make many changes and there’s a lot of last-minute running around. We also want to make sure that people get in and out smoothly. Plus, it’s going to be warm so we will have extra cooling fans. To put it simply, we want to be more than prepared this time.

Is it true that you have requested Madonna to tone down her performance keeping cultural sensitivities in mind?

It’s incorrect. We don’t speak to the artists directly but we know their brand and their performances. Yes, I have seen her rehearse in New Jersey just to have a look at the show. The artists are closed as far as content goes, yet they are aware of what the UAE is like and its tolerance levels. They understand that from a global perspective. It won’t be an issue at all.

Do you feel you have come full circle with Madonna?

You never know what’s the next big thing for us. When we started out, we missed out on Madonna by a few days because of the dates between her Greece and New York shows. It was a holiday date here. After almost four years, we are glad it’s happening now as it shows the elevation of Flash. In the beginning, we would have been like how are we going to get around that etc.

When it comes to events, Flash Entertainment enjoys a monopoly of sorts.

We do our job well and Flash was developed to create a strong music scene. I don’t think we enjoy any sort of monopoly.

Will we see you organise more events in Dubai?

I am not sure. We have had concerts there like the Eagles in the past. It’s all about revenue streams and economics. Till June, Abu Dhabi is where we are looking at.

Does Madonna have any demands?

No quirky demands. She just wants the show to go on perfectly. Everyone has a few demands, but she is a thorough professional so I am not expecting any sort of ridiculous requests.

GulfNews

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7056

''This tour is EPIC!''

MDNA World Tour 2012 - Once again the latest news from the Madonna World Tour rehearsals come up when you bring up together small tidbits from Twitter. Almost a month ago it was the show costume designer herself to reveal that dress rehearsals were on their way. "A month until dress rehearsals YAY !" Arianne tweeted on April 18.

And it looks we're almost there, judging from short messages from several MDNA tour dancers who mentioned a costume fitting taking place today.

"So proud to be a part of this team! #MDNA is not just a show, it's an experience!!!", Phillip Boutte, who illustrated all of the costumes for Arianne Phillips for the entire tour also said. "Such an honor and a blessing. This tour is EPIC!"

Are you ready to see MDNA come to life Live?

Any word on how many are left in Rome? What about Vienna :scared: & Brussels :scared: & Paris?

roughly 42.000 have been sold.. thats is what I hear for Br.. from two different sources.

http://allaboutmadonna.com/2012/05/madonna-wants-the-show-to-go-on-perfectly.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+allaboutMadonna+%28all+about+Madonna%29

May13

“Madonna wants the show to go on perfectly”

Over the years, events giant Flash Entertainment have brought some of the world’s biggest music acts to the UAE shores. But the real test will come in the form of showgirl Madonna in June.

As they gear up to welcome the legendary hitmaker and her 50,000 fans who will descend upon du Arena over two nights (June 3 and 4), tabloid! sits down with John Lickrish, CEO of Flash Entertainment, to get the details that are being worked on.

Joining Flash in their mission is UAE’s telecom provider du who have signed a four-year naming rights deal that has resulted in the re-christening of the former Yas Arena and Yas Forum. Both will now be known as du Arena and du Forum respectively.

Madonna’s sole request to Flash, said Lickrish, is that the show “has to be perfect”.

Excerpts from the interview:

Are you all set for the Madonna concert?

Absolutely. It’s a big act. We have been preparing since October but it’s bound to be hectic at the last minute. It’s going to be a life-changing experience.

Also, Madonna is very meticulous and I tell my team that any mistake made on this show, you will feel the after-effects ten times more. So everything has to run incredibly smoothly. There’s no room for any technical glitches. It’s a test for the city and for us.

What are the logistics involved?

We are expecting 50,000 people in total. We had to take out our stage because the Madonna stage is much bigger. Now, the stage is being pushed forward to the venue from underneath the roof to accommodate the size given. Last week we got the designs and the drawings. We have to make many changes and there’s a lot of last-minute running around. We also want to make sure that people get in and out smoothly. Plus, it’s going to be warm so we will have extra cooling fans. To put it simply, we want to be more than prepared this time.

Is it true that you have requested Madonna to tone down her performance keeping cultural sensitivities in mind?

It’s incorrect. We don’t speak to the artists directly but we know their brand and their performances. Yes, I have seen her rehearse in New Jersey just to have a look at the show. The artists are closed as far as content goes, yet they are aware of what the UAE is like and its tolerance levels. They understand that from a global perspective. It won’t be an issue at all.

Do you feel you have come full circle with Madonna?

You never know what’s the next big thing for us. When we started out, we missed out on Madonna by a few days because of the dates between her Greece and New York shows. It was a holiday date here. After almost four years, we are glad it’s happening now as it shows the elevation of Flash. In the beginning, we would have been like how are we going to get around that etc.

When it comes to events, Flash Entertainment enjoys a monopoly of sorts.

We do our job well and Flash was developed to create a strong music scene. I don’t think we enjoy any sort of monopoly.

Will we see you organise more events in Dubai?

I am not sure. We have had concerts there like the Eagles in the past. It’s all about revenue streams and economics. Till June, Abu Dhabi is where we are looking at.

Does Madonna have any demands?

No quirky demands. She just wants the show to go on perfectly. Everyone has a few demands, but she is a thorough professional so I am not expecting any sort of ridiculous requests.

GulfNews

OMG I'm going to that show !!!! YIPPEE ! Thanks for posting GG !

Guest groovyguy

OMG I'm going to that show !!!! YIPPEE ! Thanks for posting GG !

Enjoy the show! Take lots of pictures and film the whole show and share with us! Or you'll be spanked! ;)

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7058

Sweat It Out Like Madonna!

Live from the US - There’s no denying Madonna is in rock-solid shape.

At 53, the pop icon is revving up to launch her worldwide tour at the end of the month. You can bet Madonna is in high gear getting ready for the highly anticipated concerts and that means endless hours rehearsing and getting her body in top condition.

Healthy Hollywood met up with Madonna’s primary personal trainer, Nicole Winhoffer.

“It’s a huge opportunity for me and I feel super blessed to be working with one of the biggest female icons in the world,” Nicole said. Madonna recruited Nicole to work her out prior to the tour and while they’re on the road. Nicole, a trained dancer, reveals Madonna will do a series of cardio, stretches, toning, and endurance moves for an hour and a half – and this is all before the singer’s dance rehearsals.

The biggest challenge is keeping her mind engaged and constantly changing the workouts while still targeting the muscles that we need to go after. Her body picks up really quickly so my challenge is to get those muscles continuously guessing what’s going to come next without her knowing or getting bored,” she added.

Nicole is a dynamo of energy and has a very creative approach to working out. Yet, she’s super sweet and has a wealth of fitness information - so it’s no surprise Madonna trusts her. “I have to know the answers to everything. I have to be ready for any little thing that can go wrong or if she wants an answer to something I need to know right away.”

Once Nicole hits the road, she and Madonna will be sure to schedule at least four or five workouts a week and will do a warm up before each show. “She gets dressed in hair and makeup and then we’ll do a warm up – warming up her joints. We’ll do some trampoline work, some ab work, some stretches and just make sure she’s ready and feeling good vibes.”

Now, Madonna and Nicole are getting ready to share their workout secrets with us regular folks. Madonna’s Hard Candy fitness centers offer “Addicted to Sweat” cardio classes that are inspired by her workouts. Plus, Nicole just finished shooting an “Addicted to Sweat” DVD, which is set to launch this fall.

Yet, if you want to reach out to Nicole and ask her for fitness tips, think again! She jokes, “People ask all the time…but I’m like you got to pay me.”

From Access Hollywood.

Out of 50k or less?

depends. some say for M's gig its 47.000 because her stage is set horizontally so it takes a lot of seats. but for regular concerts I think its about 50-55.000. Im not sure

Guest groovyguy

https://twitter.com/#!/pboutte

Phillip Boutte Jr. is working with Arianne Phillips on the MDNA Tour costumes & just posted this:

"Concept to completion.

%26quot;" data-controller="core.front.core.autoSizeIframe">

"Very soon. I am not allowed to say much. Just know that this tour will blow your mind. Madonna is in top form!"

Could it be possible dancer costumes or one of Madonna's???

71ffd58a9dfd11e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg