Madonna World Tour Schedule

Guest groovyguy

Just like on the last tour; the addition of the second show here was planned all alone. The attendance at the second show last time was rather impressive, though there were - visibly - less people than in the first show. This time it's in a stadium and not a park, so it could've been a lot more noticeable and I'm not even talking about the economic aspect.

Guest Not4Pussies

so i dont get it either. she had 2 dates for tel aviv, the 29th an the 31st. the 29th is cancelled? so now the 31st is opening night?

The stadium is actually in Ramat Gan (a city near Tel Aviv). 31st is the opening night for the world tour and the only date that she's performing here in Israel.

I don't know how they can incorporate the first sold out show with whatever they had sold for the 2nd show into one show unless they changed the stage configuration and can use more of the stadium than they were initially planning. It seems that at first they were planning on having a hovering stage so the seating was planned so that people "could be closer." It's hard to explain what I'm talking without visuals :lol: There's a video of the original layout from an Israeli press agency that was posted on this site somewhere.

Edit: Found some visuals

telaviv_001.jpg

Original layout on the left & previously announced newer layout on the right

What if they did something like this instead, for example?

394868_10150692436339686_53563239685_9230541_1896353434_n.jpg

Or would it even matter? :lol: I'm not even sure how that would work out in that particular stadium.

Edited by Louise Oriole

Guest boytoyville

Israel Gross from Sticky and Sweet was huge. Too bad they couldn't make two dates work again.

Sticky and Sweet Tour

Hayarkon Park (2 days)

Tel Aviv

99,674 / 99,674 (100%)

$14,656,063

Just found this on Popjustice:

Madonnas MDNA tour has been delayed

The start of Madonnas MDNA World Tour has been put on hold for two days.

Tel Aviv ticket holders were told that the tours opening night would be postponed due to production delays, reports the Jerusalem Post.

By a mere coincidence, theres enough capacity at Madonnas second Israeli date on May 31 to accommodate concert goers who had purchased tickets for May 29 too.

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/madonnas-mdna-tour-has-been-delayed/

I don't know how they can incorporate the first sold out show with whatever they had sold for the 2nd show into one show

That's what I'm saying. I mean fair enough if the 2nd show wasn't selling but wouldn't incorporating the 2 shows together be an entire different headache? Plus the video mentioned that for Madonna, the capacity of the stadium would be about 30,000 per show. I'm sorry, but seeing as how she sold 100,000 tickets 2.5 years ago in Tel Aviv, I fail to see how she couldn't sell out 2 shows of 30,000 seats in 2012.

Maybe you're right, they're changing the stage to accomodate more room. Nothing else makes sense.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7008

Eventim: May 31st show cancelled, 5/29 concert moved to 5/31

Israeli ticket vendor eventim.co.il has posted the following information about the change of schedule in the first two dates of the Madonna World Tour 2012.

Eventim is providing a slightly different information than today's Live Nation press release. According to Eventim, the show originally scheduled on May 31st is cancelled, and the concert of May 29th will take place on the 31st.

All Tel Aviv tickets dated May 29th will be honoured at the May 31st event.

There is no need for persons holding these tickets to exchange as patrons will be provided the seats that they purchased for the original event.

Persons requiring ticket refunds as a result of the date change are requested to do so as of Sunday April 29th at point of purchase, and no later than Sunday May 20th.

For money refund or tickets changing please send an email with your details and your order number to: customerservice@eventim.co.il or dial: +97235111777

For further information, money refund or tickets changing please check eventim.co.il.

The show is selling fine, a similar situation happened in '08 when she opened the tour in Cardiff, that stadium was not sold out at all according to MANY people, and a lot of it had to do with her saturating that market in '06 for Perfections where she sold like double the 30,000 tix she sold in '08. She also had an issue in Spain if I remember correctly. No reason to worry yet,

Guest Not4Pussies

she cancelled opening night too in Cologne, Germany for DWT.

looking back DWT had such few dates and cities compared to her tours now.

she cancelled opening night too in Cologne, Germany for DWT.

looking back DWT had such few dates and cities compared to her tours now.

But Cologne was indeed cancelled because of production delays. Tickets for DWT sold out in record time. Which was no surprise being on tour for the first time in 8 years and having megasellers Ray of Light and Music. Demand was insane. She could have sold many many more shows if she wanted. AND tickets were almost 50% cheaper than today. Funny how tickets prices back then were considered astronomical. How times have changed.

Yeah touring wasn't her main focus back in those days, it was like a special treat. She was still in thespian mode.

Madonna is lucky she's selling as well as she is now off the back of an album that hasnt done so well at all. Next tour she's going to need a big hit, otherwise her future as a Rolling Stones/U2 juggernaut may be shaky. I hope Guy realizes that. No more of these half assed campaigns, especially when it's excellent music.

Guest Not4Pussies

i agree and when she tours again after this tour, it would have to be in 4 to 5 years so she can have some demand.

Europe is saturated.

Guest Not4Pussies

there's South Africa too =)

their approach this time around may have failed and backfired but at the same time i don't mind it.

it's refreshing to not see her whore herself around and let the music/art speak for itself.

i mean yes i would love it if she had a huge hit or if more people knew about MDNA and how great it is

but who cares, Madonna always does what she wants and never does the conventional thing.

one more thing, we have to accept and get used to this. she's 53.

Guest groovyguy

paoliиа ‏ @paoliena

Madonna sold 78.300 tickets for Stade de France and 48.000 for Nice. Source: ticket net.