New Tour Setlist (reports from rehearsals - SPOILERS)

IslandBreeze

Don't get confused by the different setlists. It's not that there's a partial truth in each of them - one is true - the others aren't. If they get something right it's a matter of luck.

Mixing all the fake setlists won't give us the real one.

So, based on m.d.n.a's list, rumors from MRama & MTribe forum, this is more or less the set list then:

PART 1: TRANSGRESSION

1. Religious Intro [starts with spoken part from ggw, has sounds of church bells/ religious-catholic-kabbalah references]

2. Girl Gone Wild [includes the Act of Contrition intro and also has a new instrumental part featuring whip-sounds and even some Material Girl lyrics]

3. Revolver [feat. Lil Wayne, who will appear in the backdrop video] :thumbsdown: Same high-pitched vocals from the "original" version?

4. Gang Bang [whip and gun shot sounds through out]

5. Papa Don't Preach [Edited version]

Best Friend Video Interlude (contains Heartbeat lyrics) :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Two weak songs when she has so many great ones.

PART 2: ?

6. Hung Up (sounds completely different from what we've heard before; reworked to fit the theme of the MDNA tour)

7. I Don't Give A (on guitar) :|

8. Express Yourself (mixed with born this way with she's not me at the end) :rant: NO. JUST NO.

9. Give Me All Your Luvin [Just Blaze Remix]

10. Turn Up The Radio (on guitar) :doh:

Justify My Love - Video Interlude [William Orbit Remix][shows madonna in underwear wearing a mask with a whip looks like tod perfume advert, carnival freaks chasing her/she hides in some room. new remix with different pitched vocals that feature a devilish laugh throughout the mix] -----Sigh. Way to ruin it. She's probably going to sound like she does on GGW & Redvulva :scared:

PART 3: ?

11. Open Your Heart (sounds like how it was performed during the superbowl but the whole song & feat. Kalakan [sagarro Jo])---Meh.

12. Masterpiece [has a more prominent violin sound] :| She has much better ballads and she chose this thing?

13. Vogue (sounds similar to super bowl performance)

14. Candy Shop (60's or 70's type-vibe with samples of erotica) :thumbsdown: No Candy Shop. Erotica can stay though.

15. Human Nature

Nobody Knows Me Video Interlude

PART 4: ?

16. I'm Addicted :clap::bow:

17. I'm A Sinner / Cyber-Raga Mash-Up ...meh

18. Like A Prayer (sounds similar to super bowl performance - return of church bell sounds; choir part by Kalakan)

19. Like A Virgin

20. Celebration [benny Benassi Mix]

Way too short. Feels uneventful. On paper, the first section seems to be the most "interesting"... so at least there's that. This better not be S&ST all over again. I didn't even know Dago Gonzalez had worked on the S&ST. :| How can you go from the great stuff he did for the DWT & RIT to the S&ST mess?

So, looks like the setlist's gonna be this:

I. TRANSGRESSION

1. Girl Gone Wild*/Material Girl

2. Revolver**

3. Gang Bang*

4. Papa Don't Preach

5. Best Friend*/Heartbeat - Interlude (dark, death-themed, ends with M's lover's heartbeat stopping)

II.

6. Hung Up

7. I Don't Give A*

8. Express Yourself

9. Give Me All Your Luvin'*

10. Turn Up the Radio*

III.

11. Intro/Open Your Heart

12. Masterpiece*

13. Love Spent*

IV. CARNIVAL

14. Justify My Love - Interlude

15. Vogue

16. Some Girls*

17. Candy Shop/Erotica

18. Human Nature

19. Nobody Knows Me - Interlude

V. LOVEDRUG

20. I'm Addicted*

21. Like a Prayer

22. I'm a Sinner*/Cyber-raga

23. Everybody

24. Celebration**

One word: DISAPPOINTING!!!!

I want the whole section with Vogue, Human Nature and Candy Shop out!

I would change:

2. Revolver**

3. Gang Bang*

4. Papa Don't Preach

5. Best Friend*/Heartbeat Interlude

6. Hung Up

7. I Don't Give A*

8. Express Yourself

10. Turn Up the Radio*

11. Deeper and Deeper - Interlude

12. Open Your Heart

13. Masterpiece*

14. Secret

15. Love Spent*

16. Justify My Love - Interlude

17. Some Girls*

18. Impressive Instant

19. Physical Attraction

20. I'm Addicted*

21. Nobody Knows Me - Interlude

22. Nothing Really Matters

23. Like a Prayer

24. I'm a Sinner*

25. Everybody

26. Celebration**

length: 2h5m

8. Express Yourself (mixed with born this way with she's not me at the end)

Shots fired!

(anything you hear Nicki on that's fire)

Guest bluejean

I hope she DOES do Like a Virgin in its original form. That song is one of her biggest classics and she hasn't done it toward the end a show in its original form since The Virgin Tour.

Plus she can't have her oldest hits be Papa Don't Preach and Open Your Heart, those casual goers will be disappointed.

I say end the show like this:

Like a Prayer

Like a Virgin

Celebration

Holiday

There is room for afew more songs!

That setlist is actually much stronger that the similar one posted before. Where did you get it?

I'm still not crazy about Candy Shop and Human Nature (and I hope Candy Shop is more Erotica than anything else) but I wanted Love Spent and Everybody in and I'm happy to see those again on the list.

The first and last section look very strong, but I feel the Carnival one looks so weird that I'm interested to see what she does there.

Also, what do the asterisks mean?

I. TRANSGRESSION

2. Revolver**

3. Gang Bang*

4. Papa Don't Preach

5. Best Friend*/Heartbeat - Interlude (dark, death-themed, ends with M's lover's heartbeat stopping) ?Interlude?

II.

6. Hung Up

7. I Don't Give A*

8. Express Yourself

10. Turn Up the Radio*

?Interlude? - linked with OYH intro..

III.

11. Intro/Open Your Heart

12. Masterpiece*

13. Love Spent*

14. Justify My Love - Interlude

IV. CARNIVAL

15. Vogue

16. Some Girls*

17. Candy Shop/Erotica

18. Human Nature

19. Nobody Knows Me - Interlude

V. LOVEDRUG

20. I'm Addicted*

21. Like a Prayer

22. I'm a Sinner*/Cyber-raga

23. Everybody

24. Celebration**

Nup - I'm content with this. I suppose I will tolerate Human Nature and Candy Shart simply because of the /Erotica bit. Can't really ask for more. :thumbsup:

Where did this come from?

But we have Candy Shop which is EveryThaaaaannnngg. ( Not really ) .

I hope she doesn't do EY with BTW. What would be the point ?

I've been updated.. the setlist i posted is still it and the only changes made were minor changes in mixes of songs. No love spent, no some girls.

Can you please re-post your set list? There's so many on here that when I try and search for it my brain begins to fry

Religious Chants Intro

Girl Gone Wild (with elements from "Material Girl")

Revolver

Gang Bang

Papa Don't Preach

Hung Up

I Don't Give A (guitar heavy)

Best Friend (with elements from "Heartbeat")

Express Yourself (with elements from "Born This Way" and "She's Not Me")

Give Me All Your Luvin'

Turn Up the Radio (on guitar)

Open Your Heart (with elements from "Sagarra jo!")

Masterpiece

Justify My Love (interlude)

Vogue

Candy Shop (60s / 70s mix with elements from "Erotica")

Human Nature

Nobody Knows Me (interlude)

I'm Addicted

I'm A Sinner (with elements from "Cyberraga")

Like A Prayer

Celebration

I think m.d.n.a said I'm A Sinner doesn't contain elements of Cyberraga, but elements of Shanti / Ashtangi.

Religious Chants Intro

Girl Gone Wild (with elements from "Material Girl")

Revolver

Gang Bang

Papa Don't Preach

Hung Up

I Don't Give A (guitar heavy)

Best Friend (with elements from "Heartbeat")

Express Yourself (with elements from "Born This Way" and "She's Not Me")

Give Me All Your Luvin'

Turn Up the Radio (on guitar)

Open Your Heart (with elements from "Sagarra jo!")

Masterpiece

Justify My Love (interlude)

Vogue

Candy Shop (60s / 70s mix with elements from "Erotica")

Human Nature

Nobody Knows Me (interlude)

I'm Addicted

I'm A Sinner (with elements from "Cyberraga")

Like A Prayer

Celebration

I think m.d.n.a said I'm A Sinner doesn't contain elements of Cyberraga, but elements of Shanti / Ashtangi.

originally i'm a sinner did have elements of shanti/ashtangi but it's definitely been changed to cyberraga.

re: JML and saying there are no new vocals. In the WO 12" mix there are some high-pitched vocals used that were very girly which I'm assuming are possibly what is being used here. I think this is the song I'm most looking forward to hearing! Love my remixes.

And actually I am wondering how Candy Shop will sound with Erotica mixed in:

'Erotic, Erotic, put your Turkish Delight all over my body'. Can't wait for that one!

re: JML and saying there are no new vocals. In the WO 12" mix there are some high-pitched vocals used that were very girly which I'm assuming are possibly what is being used here. I think this is the song I'm most looking forward to hearing! Love my remixes.

And actually I am wondering how Candy Shop will sound with Erotica mixed in:

'Erotic, Erotic, put your Turkish Delight all over my body'. Can't wait for that one!

Yea, I'm very excited to hear this too and how they reworked candy shop with samples of erotica.

Guest Xanthium

Honestly I cannot judge the setlist on paper because we have no way of knowing how each song will sound. She usually updates her older songs really well. I mean, Like A Virgin from Confessions is one of her most amazing performances IMO and the updated version of the song is EPIC. So we complain about a certain song right now but it could be AMAZEBALLS once all is revealed. Of course there is some garbage no matter what. We don't need to see the rock version of Ray Of Light again to know it would be rehashed shit on toast.

Candy Shop with elements of Erotica sounds really interesting to me. I'm a little bit tired of Human Nature, but I hope it's a dance number. I was dreaming of Bedtime Story or Secret and I was curious about Take A Bow. She must really hate that song, her biggest US hit never performed on tour.

I hate that she mentioned Physical Attraction during the Facebook interview and it's not on set list. It's weird there is no Everybody, and no songs from ROL too. The set list looks short, I don't know. I'm sure live everything will be amazing, but no Love Spent is a crime, and as much as I love Best Friend, I think it's a little bit random as a video interlude.

Candy Shop with elements of Erotica sounds really interesting to me. I'm a little bit tired of Human Nature, but I hope it's a dance number. I was dreaming of Bedtime Story or Secret and I was curious about Take A Bow. She must really hate that song, her biggest US hit never performed on tour.

I hate that she mentioned Physical Attraction during the Facebook interview and it's not on set list. It's weird there is no Everybody, and no songs from ROL too. The set list looks short, I don't know. I'm sure live everything will be amazing, but no Love Spent is a crime, and as much as I love Best Friend, I think it's a little bit random as a video interlude.

Like previously mentioned, Physical Attraction was in the setlist at one point - it was mixed with another song - but it was scrapped.

I don't think she hates Take A Bow, she once talked about how performing Take A Bow (and The Power Of Goodbye) on tour, and how they sound like "farewell" songs. I think that's why she's against them, cos she isn't going nowhere! :p

Revolver, Candy Shop, Human Nature??!! What the hell is she thinking? From her entire rich back-catalogue she chooses these turkeys.

Oh Madonna, you're losing it more and more. Also, the reworkings with Kalakan sound dismal.

Am selling my tickets. :thumbsdown:

Guest bluejean

Well, I think it's a stupid reason. :lol:

It IS a stupid reason. Same goes for I'll Remember. And so what if some idiots take them as farewell songs. They aren't. Did people think she was saying farewell when she released 'Take a Bow?' No.

Guest groovyguy

Candy Shop in 60s/70s vibe with elements of Erotica. Can't wait.

Ok...I'm praying that this "real" setlist is not true...

1. It's too short in general and has section with only two or three songs (a LITTLE under two hours or a LITTLE OVER two hours?)

2. most of the songs have been featured on her last tour

3. I remember we had a lot of "real" setlist that were posted by "reliable" sources like drownedmadonna and MadonnaTribe and guess what, they turned out to be fake :p

4. no songs from The First Album, Like a Virgin, Erotica, Ray of Light and Music??!! That can't be true! c'mon!

5. RETURN of CANDY SHOP & HUMAN NATURE?????!!!! WTF, Madonna?????!!!

Papa Don't Preach (last performed 2004)

Hung Up (last performed 2008)

Express Yourself (last performed 2004)

Open Your Heart (last performed 1991)

Justify My Love (last performed 1993)

(GANGSTA PIMP - Section)

Vogue (last performed 2009)

Candy Shop (last performed 2009)

Human Nature (last performed 2009)

Nobody Knows Me (last performed 2004)

Like a Prayer (last performed 2009)

The First Album: /

Like a Virgin: /

True Blue: (Open Your Heart, Papa Don't Preach)

Like a Prayer: (Express Yourself, Like A Prayer)

I'm Breathless/Immaculate Collection: (Justify My Love, Vogue)

Erotica: /

Bedtime Stories: (Human Nature)

Ray of Light: /

Music: /

American Life: (Nobody Knows Me)

Confessions on a Dance Floor: (Hung Up)

Hard Candy: (Candy Shop)

=> Sticky & Sweet Tour - Round III

=> WORST TOUR OF HER LIFE!!!!

New info: There was a version of Like a virgin played on piano made but it didn't make the final setlist so whoever mentioned there being another song from the 80's or whatever from those polls from Madonna's fb was kind of right.. it just didn't make the cut. Girl gone wild is kind of sampled throughout the whole show like 4 minutes was in the S&S tour.

Ok...I'm praying that this "real" setlist is not true...

1. It's too short in general and has section with only two or three songs

2. most of the songs have been featured on her last tour

3. I remember we had a lot of "real" setlist that were posted by "reliable" sources like drownedmadonna and MadonnaTribe and guess what, they turned out to be fake :p

4. no songs from The First Album, Like a Virgin, Erotica, Ray of Light and Music??!! That can't be true! c'mon!

5. RETURN of CANDY SHOP & HUMAN NATURE?????!!!! WTF, Madonna?????!!!

I don't think people know what songs are apart of each section. I'll gladly take candy shop and human nature over rol and music being performed. I'm sure she has samples of songs from all of those albums mixed in the tour somewhere.

Blah I am so sick of all the speculation. I want an official setlist thing NOW. And I want at least one more MDNA song on it. 8 is too little. (I don't count the terrible Best Friend, that'll be a hot dog moment for me)