New Tour Setlist (reports from rehearsals - SPOILERS)

IslandBreeze

Can I ask a stupid non-setlist related question that I'm positive you all already know and have discussed before... Lol

How did M get into the disco ball for the confessions tour? Was she noticed every night? It just seemed so far from the stage.

From the bottom, underneath the stage.

From the bottom, underneath the stage.

Omg duh lol I'm so stupid. Lol I was all like, "was it dangerous for Madonna? Did anything ever happen?"

It would be so anti-climactic if she was seen on a rail above the stage getting into it. Dangerous and stupid when she could just come from the bottom.

The new mix of Justify My Love has been described as a dubstep remix, with her vocals pitched up and a "weird clown laugh" throughout the mix.

This sounds terrible. Unless the "pitching up" means she may actually sing the words somehow...

The new mix of Justify My Love has been described as a dubstep remix, with her vocals pitched up and a "weird clown laugh" throughout the mix.

That sounds a bit sinister./dark to me. gang bang springs to mind.

Guest Not4Pussies

the Justify My Love video and sound remind me of Britney's video backdrop of Sweet Dreams from her Circus Tour

Guest Not4Pussies

from her dancer (who was her dancer on S&S as well)

yaman okur ‏ @yamsonite

21 days left before the first MDNA's tour show with @lilou_officiel @EmilieCapel @adriengalo86 . U guys better be ready u gonna get blown!!

hmmm we are getting blown. nom nom.

Guest Not4Pussies

I haven't heard the remix, but it's come from someone "in the know" that's confirmed everything m.d.n.a has said.

Justify My Love isn't being performed, it's being used as an interlude.

more, more, more...

Guest groovyguy

I haven't heard the remix, but it's come from someone "in the know" that's confirmed everything m.d.n.a has said.

Justify My Love isn't being performed, it's being used as an interlude.

So, based on m.d.n.a's list, rumors from MRama & MTribe forum, this is more or less the set list then:

PART 1: TRANSGRESSION

1. Religious Intro [starts with spoken part from ggw, has sounds of church bells/ religious-catholic-kabbalah references]

2. Girl Gone Wild [includes the Act of Contrition intro and also has a new instrumental part featuring whip-sounds and even some Material Girl lyrics]

3. Revolver [feat. Lil Wayne, who will appear in the backdrop video]

4. Gang Bang [whip and gun shot sounds through out]

5. Papa Don't Preach [Edited version]

Best Friend Video Interlude (contains Heartbeat lyrics)

PART 2: ?

6. Hung Up (sounds completely different from what we've heard before; reworked to fit the theme of the MDNA tour)

7. I Don't Give A (on guitar)

8. Express Yourself (mixed with born this way with she's not me at the end)

9. Give Me All Your Luvin [Just Blaze Remix]

10. Turn Up The Radio (on guitar)

Justify My Love - Video Interlude [William Orbit Remix][shows madonna in underwear wearing a mask with a whip looks like tod perfume advert, carnival freaks chasing her/she hides in some room. new remix with different pitched vocals that feature a devilish laugh throughout the mix]

PART 3: ?

11. Open Your Heart (sounds like how it was performed during the superbowl but the whole song & feat. Kalakan [sagarro Jo])

12. Masterpiece [has a more prominent violin sound]

13. Vogue (sounds similar to super bowl performance)

14. Candy Shop (60's or 70's type-vibe with samples of erotica)

15. Human Nature

Nobody Knows Me Video Interlude

PART 4: ?

16. I'm Addicted

17. I'm A Sinner / Cyber-Raga Mash-Up

18. Like A Prayer (sounds similar to super bowl performance - return of church bell sounds; choir part by Kalakan)

19. Like A Virgin

20. Celebration [benny Benassi Mix]

Other minor things that may not even matter that i didn't write about before about the JML video and mix are that she kind of dances/moves around like a young girl (not surprising, she's madonna) in her underwear. Her hair is the same as it is in the truth or dare perfume advert. At the beginning of the mix she sings "Justify" in what sounds like a childish voice (could explain the vocal pitch change). There's no NEW vocals in this mix.

Guest groovyguy

Other minor things that may not even matter that i didn't write about before about the JML video and mix are that she kind of dances/moves around like a young girl (not surprising, she's madonna) in her underwear. Her hair is the same as it is in the truth or dare perfume advert. At the beginning of the mix she sings "Justify" in what sounds like a childish voice (could explain the vocal pitch change). There's no NEW vocals in this mix.

Thanks for all the updates, m.d.n.a.!

This is so true. I quite like Celebration and of course the Benassi remix but as a tour closer I think Oakenfold's works best. And def Holiday could be mixed in better if that were the case.

Although why the show wouldn't close with Turn Up the Radio intrigues me. I think an extended version of this, with that beautiful climactic bridge (a la Hung Up) would be just fine. And of course you can mix in freaking Holiday with it too! Holiday can be mixed in with everythaaang that she got!

I don't think it's strong enough to end a show. It's no Hung Up, that's for sure. She needs to end on a hit, not a song that the majority of people have no clue what it is.

I'm Addicted would have made a great finish with MDNA repeated over and over again to a crescendo and a final explosion. I think Celebration could work well. It's frivalous and the chorus works well. Often the weaker songs work well live.

19. Like A Virgin

Where did this come from?

From what i've heard, elements of Like A Virgin were supposed to be mixed with Girl Gone Wild, but that was scrapped and now they're using elements of Material Girl.

Edited by NobodyKnowsMe

Guest groovyguy

Where did this come from?

From what i've heard, elements of Like A Virgin were supposed to be mixed with Girl Gone Wild, but that was scrapped and now they're using elements of Material Girl.

MTribe forum:

When asked whether the four poll-winning songs from Madonna's Facebook page would be performed (Borderline, Like a Virgin, Open Your Heart, Like a Prayer), digitalfreaknyc answered that 3 of them are in the setlist.

I don't think it's strong enough to end a show. It's no Hung Up, that's for sure. She needs to end on a hit, not a song that the majority of people have no clue what it is.

I'm Addicted would have made a great finish with MDNA repeated over and over again to a crescendo and a final explosion. I think Celebration could work well. It's frivalous and the chorus works well. Often the weaker songs work well live.

Mmm nice point, but I did and do think Turn Up the Radio will be a single. And if Give it 2 me could end a show, why couldn't this... Agreed that a remix or something of I'm Addicated could've been amazing.

I'm still on the fence about Celebration as a closer. As much as I love the song, there's nothing to really sing along to... And the theme of the song makes no sense either - it's an invitation to dance right when the show is about to end? But I'm reading too much into it.

Cuz "she's gonna git 'er geeee-tar and play for youuuu". Anyway, she insists on doing that song on guitar and her playing guitar on the last song would suck. But, really she should go with something stronger than celebration to close the show with.

Thank you for this. A new Ray of Light? Might work (it did during Confessions) or it might be terrible (everything done on guitar during S&S).

Gosh, I even think (and I now I'm gonna get slapped by this entire forum) that Give Me All Your Luvin' could be a more fun and exciting closer than Celebration. At least it's actually festive and we can all sing L-U-V one thousand times.

Guest groovyguy

Mmm nice point, but I did and do think Turn Up the Radio will be a single. And if Give it 2 me could end a show, why couldn't this... Agreed that a remix or something of I'm Addicated could've been amazing.

I'm still on the fence about Celebration as a closer. As much as I love the song, there's nothing to really sing along to... And the theme of the song makes no sense either - it's an invitation to dance right when the show is about to end? But I'm reading too much into it.

Something is ending

And something begins ~ Madonna

MTribe forum:

When asked whether the four poll-winning songs from Madonna's Facebook page would be performed (Borderline, Like a Virgin, Open Your Heart, Like a Prayer), digitalfreaknyc answered that 3 of them are in the setlist.

Did he definitely say Like A Virgin was in?

Did he definitely say Like A Virgin was in?

No, he said 3 of the 4 - so, technically, it could also be "Borderline". And it's also possible that it has been scrapped..

No, he said 3 of the 4 - so, technically, it could also be "Borderline". And it's also possible that it has been scrapped..

It was weird he said that because none of the rumored setlists have either Borderline or LAV, but they all seem to have OYH and LAP. I could do without either Borderline or LAV myself.