Madonna To Open "Hard Candy" Fitness Centers Around The World

renee205

I don't think Madonna needs to do anything to keep her personal fortune growing. The interest alone on her bank account probably is enough to wipe the debt of multiple third world countries.

I think she does it for other reasons...she likes keeping busy and having different projects. She enjoys being a positive influence in the world, and although I think the name of these gyms is corny, the idea is not. Fitness is a great thing, and if her spin on personal fitness gets just 1,000 people interested, she's made another impact and helped more people. She is also probably venturing into new investment waters so that she has revenue streams after she leaves this earth - and those businesses will fund her various social projects (Malawi, Brazil, etc.) We have no idea what she has planned later in life.

I've also noticed that Madonna is very shrewd about cross-promotion. If these gyms generate significant traffic, she may have a new outlet to showcase her music, videos and tour performances. It's not like radio is going to be giving her much exposure anymore.

So, from a business stand point, the gym idea is great. However, being a fan of her music (first and foremost), I couldn't really care less about it.

I don't think Madonna needs to do anything to keep her personal fortune growing. The interest alone on her bank account probably is enough to wipe the debt of multiple third world countries.

I think she does it for other reasons...she likes keeping busy and having different projects. She enjoys being a positive influence in the world, and although I think the name of these gyms is corny, the idea is not. Fitness is a great thing, and if her spin on personal fitness gets just 1,000 people interested, she's made another impact and helped more people. She is also probably venturing into new investment waters so that she has revenue streams after she leaves this earth - and those businesses will fund her various social projects (Malawi, Brazil, etc.) We have no idea what she has planned later in life.

I've also noticed that Madonna is very shrewd about cross-promotion. If these gyms generate significant traffic, she may have a new outlet to showcase her music, videos and tour performances. It's not like radio is going to be giving her much exposure anymore.

So, from a business stand point, the gym idea is great. However, being a fan of her music (first and foremost), I couldn't really care less about it.

:thumbsup:

SENSIBLE! :)

:dramatic: Never :(

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I think she does it for other reasons...she likes keeping busy and having different projects. She enjoys being a positive influence in the world, and although I think the name of these gyms is corny, the idea is not.

Yeah pretty much agree. She's always been a business woman, and this venture to me actually makes sense. I find it more interesting and logical than posing for Gucci or some shit.

It does make me :lol: that people are all "Shez juzt thinking of hur kidz futcha" :rotfl: please, Madonna wipes her asshole with 100 dollar bills, her kids futures are well and truly taken care of and have been for years. Madonna has been sleeping in a pile of millions for decades.

except for the part on exposure on radio

not judging by present performance (52yo, 12 studio albums and 30 years into her recording career)

Haven't you learned yet? You're not allowed to say one good thing about Madonna on her forum. You're only allowed to slice her throat from ear to ear. Anything else is unacceptable!

:)

The problem with the opening a chain of gyms is that it appears like Guy Oseary is just using her name to cash in wherever its possible. Will this be another business venture where she seems absent other than turning up at the launch?

Didn't Christopher mention in his book that M was part owner of a restaurant(s) in the past? I'd be surprised if she ever stepped foot in the place, much less "work on the line", help the busy wait staff or even facilitate a "team meeting" at some point....lol. How is this any different other than it's more publicized?

U people r so dramatic.

WELCOME TO THE LIVE NATION ERA. It's not called a 360 deal for nothing, this is the kind of thing we'll see more and more of now. I thought this was understood back in 2007 when it was announced....apparently NOT!

Didn't Christopher mention in his book that M was part owner of a restaurant(s) in the past? I'd be surprised if she ever stepped foot in the place, much less "work on the line", help the busy wait staff or even facilitate a "team meeting" at some point....lol. How is this any different other than it's more publicized?

U people r so dramatic.

I love how everyone is so sure Madonna is a PUPPET behind Guy. FANS :lmao:

I love how everyone is so sure Madonna is a PUPPET behind Guy. FANS :lmao:

Yeah right! Like Guy was twisting her arm to get involved....PUHLEASE! Bitch is the MATERIAL GIRL, she'd probably open up a chain of vegetable stands if all the circumstances were right.

But I don't think that when they said that it was "360 deal" it meant that they would expand the business to things not related to music. I thought it meant new ways to promote music, to release, to make tours...

But I don't think that when they said that it was "360 deal" it meant that they would expand the business to things not related to music. I thought it meant new ways to promote music, to release, to make tours...

WE WISH!!! :rotfl:

U people r so dramatic.

WELCOME TO THE LIVE NATION ERA. It's not called a 360 deal for nothing, this is the kind of thing we'll see more and more of now. I thought this was understood back in 2007 when it was announced....apparently NOT!

Yes I'm sure LIVE NATION was behind this. How nice to be the only one to realize that beyond music, touring and merchandizing that the deal mentioned, it included gyms, cereal and tampons.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Live Nation has anything to do with her other projects like the chain of gyms or the Material Girl line.

music business is in bad shape. new artists have to figure these things out.

^ Yes, when the Live Nation deal was announced, the release/details did specifically mention that Madonna's 'side' projects (non-music involvements) such as fashion endorsements would be part of the 360 deal. I think at the time they were citing the H&M collaboration, but since then she's done D&G, the sunglasses, Macy's Material Girl, and now Hard Candy Fitness. These are part of the Live Nation deal... I'm sure they're looking at as many ways to diversify the revenue streams as possible. Touring and music were always meant to be the core activities, but her other merchandising and endorsements were also to be part of it. That's why it's called "360" -- it's supposed to be all-encompassing. It's not solely a recording contract -- it added touring because that's an area where Madonna excels and has a proven success rate, but other business dealings were meant to branch out as well.

Guy's twitter 2 hours ago:

What city should we open Hard Candy Fitness in?

about 3 hours ago via web

Reply Retweet

who will be coming to the opening of Hard Candy Fitness in Mexico City?

:lmao::lmao:

somewhere in NORTH DAKOTA