Madonna To Open "Hard Candy" Fitness Centers Around The World

renee205

I think it's a smart idea actually :shy:

she'll generate income for herself without having to do much publicity (a gym will practically sell itself no matter who opens one) and she won't have to worry about any of the day-to-day operations

and really your average Joe isn't going to get the connection of the name to a crap Madonna album unless they read it in a paper or something

She IS a brand now. What's next catering to the fabulous Target crowd :D

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

she is free to do whatever she wants,there is nothing wrong with fitness center that will encourage ppl to be healthy & exercise.

:lol:

NEW direction? She's a BRAND!

Pepsi? All the shit she promoted since 1989 in Japan etc? H&M? Gap? D&G?

NEWSFLASH MADONNA IS MORE THAN RECORD AND FILMS!

This is just something extra, and I don't care about it.I just think it's a wise move for her, it's her world. This has NOTHING to do with her music or films, so why should I say she's stupid like you said? She's not going to retire and working in the gym you fool.

Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Hey, in a world under recession, she's doing a lot of good by providing employment, too! :lol:

Look around, everywhere you turn theres heart attacks

Whats worse than a fat homooo (slimmer down)

Flabby thighs you really need to get in to shape

The painful joints will soon go

If youre a whale or got HIV

Or need to go somehere that is so gaaay

I know a place where you can get a spray

work out your core whore, pick off your cold sore

so

C'mon row (row)

Sweat your body to my music (in public)

C'mon row (row)

Glisten to the sound of the crow

you and jews can get fit.

:lmao::lmao:

Quite right, and as a BRAND she is doing some very bad brand management at the moment. Spreading her brand on to products as diverse as tacky children's clothes and fitness gyms is going to hugely weaken the value of her brand in the medium to long term in exchange for short term financial gains. Does she want to be the Coco Chanel of pop icons or the Pierre Cardin?

Did Coco Chanel go to the gym everyday? Madonna is a fitness enthusiast so this is just a natural and proper extension of her 'brand'.

I mean, this connection certainly makes more sense than Japanese real estate (Ariake, anyone?)... But I have to say I find it depressing that this thread is so active ... Any creative news (in contrast to purely business news) from Camp Madonna would be most welcome any day now.

Quite right, and as a BRAND she is doing some very bad brand management at the moment. Spreading her brand on to products as diverse as tacky children's clothes and fitness gyms is going to hugely weaken the value of her brand in the medium to long term in exchange for short term financial gains. Does she want to be the Coco Chanel of pop icons or the Pierre Cardin?

Seriously, how should a MUSIC BRAND be managed nowadays? Sticking to music? Honey, music now is almost a DEAD revenue stream. What is then expected in the medium to long term, her selling MORE albums? Or her image be burnished since she just stuck to music or movies? "Not selling out" is clearly a pretentious proposition when EVERYBODY knows that EVERYBODY is selling something. At least a gym is perfect fit for her image... and a potential GREAT service to gays :lol:

I hate to channel Hurt420 and Unnatural with this analogy, but if we put this thread into a time warp I'm sure Lucky Woman would be shaking his fist with his crimped hair in 1989 complaining Madonna had sold out cuz she was doing Pepsi :lol: Or hell to make an even more recently and equally "SELLOUT" example - what about Gap in 2003? H&M in 2006? That was certainly a cheapening of her brand. WHERE WERE YOU THEN? The point is... WHO CARES. THe world turns and Madonna makes a movie, releases an album, endorses something, franchises something, the cash register rings and here you are thinking that she's gonna become a C-list celebrity because of a fucking gym franchise. Give me a break.

you act like she is Kylie Minogue or something.

fantastic. love how we knew nothing about it. very pre-internet. xo

Ha. I was thinking the same. You know it's wrong when people consider the encouragement of exercise a bad thing.

:lmao: @ all the fans having a meltdown because she's opening a fitness centre. Yeah sure, she's done. she'll never make more music again...with the state her "fans" are in,maybe that's a good thing.

Ridiculous. Why is she done with music because she is being the figurehead of a gym franchise? I mean, seriously. It's hardly like she is opening a Burger Bar or something. It's something that could be useful and vital to a good lifestyle. What's the big deal? If people are seriously losing sleep over the name then they need to get a life. I swear to God. It's actually ridiculous.

Especially when you do it because you want money!

Don't you work? Don't you spend money? Does money not motivate you? I hate this bullshit reasoning behind things. She makes money. She does well. She's frugal and intelligent. It's not like she is pouring money down the drain and stealing from poor people. Well, I don't know about you but from what I know about her life...she makes very good choices. Admirable choices. Do you think the Internet you are using was made for fun? The computer you are typing on, was it just made out of pure interest? If commerce bothers you that much, go and live in a mudhut away from modern civilisation. It's obvious that she DOES have an interest in fitness. Look at the bitches body for crying out loud!!! I can understand people being annoyed if she were selling hairspray or something. I'm sure she has good intentions with it. It doesn't bother me a bit. I have more important things to deal with.

I hate to channel Hurt420 and Unnatural with this analogy, but if we put this thread into a time warp I'm sure Lucky Woman would be shaking his fist with his crimped hair in 1989 complaining Madonna had sold out cuz she was doing Pepsi :lol: Or hell to make an even more recently and equally "SELLOUT" example - what about Gap in 2003? H&M in 2006? That was certainly a cheapening of her brand. WHERE WERE YOU THEN? The point is... WHO CARES. THe world turns and Madonna makes a movie, releases an album, endorses something, franchises something, the cash register rings and here you are thinking that she's gonna become a C-list celebrity because of a fucking gym franchise. Give me a break.

Crimped hair? Wtf are you talking about? :bad:

I like to think of Madonna as the forward thinking visionary artist she once was, not the childrens author designer of kids clothing, gym instructor she has become. Many feel the same, I am surprised you dont. This gym shit is embarrassing as was GAP as was that shit H&M thing.

Madonna has broken down a lot of the barriers that stopped her from reaching her dreams. She's a lot more content now, but she is still supporting the things that she believes in. We're in 2010, not 1985. She can't break down walls that she flattened and destroyed over 20 years ago. She's still an artist, with a new motivation. I don't see the issue.

The thing is, she already has more money than she can spend in a lifetime. Unless those cheek fillers are more expensive than they look, it's hard to see why she's in such a rush to cash in on her fame at this point. Is her only motivation reading Forbes magazine and seeing where she is on the rich list?

Is her only motivation reading Forbes magazine and seeing where she is on the rich list?

No. Her motivation is to upset people like you!

The thing is, she already has more money than she can spend in a lifetime. Unless those cheek fillers are more expensive than they look, it's hard to see why she's in such a rush to cash in on her fame at this point. Is her only motivation reading Forbes magazine and seeing where she is on the rich list?

I don't think you realise just how much the cost of her personal safety alone is. She has to have security surrouonding her almost all of the time. People who help her in her work. People who keep her healthy in sheep. It all has a cost. A massive cost. You can tell that she isn't an extravagent person. She has some expensive things, but quite often will be happy to wear fairly inexpensive clothing. I'd have a swimming pool beneath a diamond chandalier, surrounded by marble flooring and gilded walls. I love rich things. Not because it means anything. I love things that are expensive. I'm not proud of boastful of it. It's just what I like. My sister has more money than I do and she is far more frugal. Strange that. :) Anyway, don't forget her charity aswell. She donates a lot of her earnings and maybe she has lots of grand dreams to come. Funding her own film making could be one of them.