Forbes Celebrity 100 2010 List - Madonna #10

Ugly Hecty

I think Madonna is a lot more aware of pop culture than she lets on.

Oh no doubt, but I like the fact the she personally doesnt put herself out there 24/7 like so many celebs do on these social networks. It would gross me out if Madonna turned into Demi, a middle aged woman twittering her every move and taking part in spats with people who talked trash about her on it. Tacky as hell.

Well I don't think Britney personally uses her Facebook or Twitter. Madonna could have her people update her account updating fans on projects instead of having ICON announce events months after they've already taken place.

Forbes is FACT.

Not really tho..it is their own methodology after all..& when it comes 2 money it's a all a matter of transparency.

Take J. Depp at #9 for instance. R we supposed 2 beleive he has more 'clout' than Madonna cuz officially he 'outgrossed' her?

I think Madonna's total financial worth is usually highly underestimated on their list.

Or as she herself implied in that radio interview 'Yeah..*beep* that!'

I dont think this list is strictly about money, more about overall 'relevancy' (I know its a no no word around here but I couldnt think of a better one).

I know..but on this list Johnny only outranks her in the money department. My point being it's all spielerei... :fag:

Sandra had three successful movies last year and the Oscar win, Jesse James scandal, plus her secret adoption kept her in the news for a LONG time.

There is one number I highly doubt. And that is earnings for James Cameron. Avatar grossed almost 2.75 billon dollars worldwide. Not included are hundreds of millions from DVD sales and rentals. As far as I remember he not only directed the movie, he co-wrote and co-produced it as well. That means a huge share goes into his pockets. 210 million? Multiply that by 3!

I think Madonna's total financial worth is usually highly underestimated on their list.

It is. I think Forbes is extremely careful when it comes to her earnings. The story that she allegedly went ballistic in 1990 when Forbes published the cover story calling her the "smartest business woman in America" and had nothing but praise is legendary. It's common knowledge that she hardly talks about her business and never about her wealth. Other artists brag about it, she thinks that's noones business except her own.

Of course, we all want to know if she's a billionaire already. :shock:

erm, ok why is she #8? I mean this is not based on S&S 2. Besides the D&G shoots what did she do to generate money emough to be #8???

Despite the magnificent placement of Madonna @ Forbes every single year, I have always hate the pictures of hers they post. They got the worst and put them there :lol:

Guest Topaz Scorpio

I just read an article that states that the social ranking category takes into account Twitter and Facebook and Britney clearly owns Madonna on those sites. Does Madonna even have a Twitter or Facebook account?

It's not whether Madonna herself is twittering it's based on how much people are discussing her on Twitter or Facebook.

Guest Sinisin

Gag's Social Rank is #1 !!

But how are they higher than Madge, when her tour grossed twice as much of the other ladies ? How much does Live Nation give her..

June 1 '09- June 1 '10

I think this whole thing is a joke, as lists of this nature usually are...social rank? Please.

I'd speculate that Madonna made well over $100 million in the past year. I DO NOT believe she only made $58 million from her 2009 tour and selling over 3 million albums worldwide (at least 2 million of Celebration plus another 1 million ww in back catalog - AT LEAST). She gets 90% of her touring gross anyway - and before anyone says the tour cost so much to put on, Arthur Fogel told Billboard that the first S&S leg absorbed the majority of the overhead for the tour and the 2009 leg was pretty much all gravy.

For what it's worth, does it really matter if Madonna only made $58 million? She does well enough than most of the world, I'm not rooting for her to break $100 mil. But I usually hate these Forbes's lists and their constant pandering of celebrity wealth, I feel like I'm reading In Touch Magazine.

I have to wonder at the $62 million Lady Gaga took home (obviously not from album sales in this day and age). With her overhead and her need for such large budgets at such an early stage of her career I wonder how much of that money she actually took home. Hell I'm surprised she isn't bankrupt.

Guest Pud Whacker

I think this whole thing is a joke, as lists of this nature usually are...social rank? Please.

I'd speculate that Madonna made well over $100 million in the past year. I DO NOT believe she only made $58 million from her 2009 tour and selling over 3 million albums worldwide (at least 2 million of Celebration plus another 1 million ww in back catalog - AT LEAST). She gets 90% of her touring gross anyway - and before anyone says the tour cost so much to put on, Arthur Fogel told Billboard that the first S&S leg absorbed the majority of the overhead for the tour and the 2009 leg was pretty much all gravy.

58 million for 27 days is A DREAM!!!! they all wish on that list. :rotfl:

I don't care about how much money she makes..but when it's in 'Forbes' it's automatically seen as legit.

I remember reading in the early '90's somewhere she was worth in the range of $300m..while another

article stated her art collection alone was worth in acces of $100m. & the thing is money makes money.

If she made a certain amount through new 'activities' than that's cool..but what about the rest of her fortune?

Surely she's well invested...but we don't know shit about that.

Okay why am I even speculating about this..I gots rent 2 pay :chuckle: