Forbes Celebrity 100 2010 List - Madonna #10

Ugly Hecty

I don't care about how much money she makes..but when it's in 'Forbes' it's automatically seen as legit.

I remember reading in the early '90's somewhere she was worth in the range of $300m..while another

article stated her art collection alone was worth in acces of $100m. & the thing is money makes money.

If she made a certain amount through new 'activities' than that's cool..but what about the rest of her fortune?

Surely she's well invested...but we don't know shit about that.

Okay why am I even speculating about this..I gots rent 2 pay :chuckle:

I think Madonna was reportedly one of the few big stars not affected by the Wall Street crash/financial crisis as most of her financial assets were/are in bonds/T bills. (if I'm not mistaken, the crash may have enhanced her worth as money shifted to bonds/notes from stocks)She's a gutsy performer and social agitator but apparently she's a conservative investor shunning high-yield but high-risk investments (like tech, finance stocks).

I agree she's way richer than she lets on or what Forbes say.. in their list of the richest women in entertainment they said hers was a low end estimate.. As to the tour, I agree.. Madonna took most of the money and the '09 extension doesn't have as much overhead..

And I always wonder why forbes hasn't included her endorsement deals (LV, D&G, sunsilk, etc.)

btw.. forbes has taken much criticism lately about the absurdity of many of their lists (like their best cities lists, etc.)

Oh no doubt, but I like the fact the she personally doesnt put herself out there 24/7 like so many celebs do on these social networks. It would gross me out if Madonna turned into Demi, a middle aged woman twittering her every move and taking part in spats with people who talked trash about her on it. Tacky as hell.

My exact same considerations :bow:

Except for the Demi part :gent:

I have always had a soft spot for her :inlove:

Loved her in 2006 Half Light :flirt:

I love her charachter because she's American but lives in London and gets to make money selling her ideas :). I love the part about the £4m publishing contract that Rachel Carlson (Demi) has........... when I first saw it in 2006 (in Italy it was released the same day that the "I'm going to tell you a secret" DVD came out) I said to myself one day perhaps I too will write colourful interesting stories and become rich rich rich with them :elite: .

You could make a lot of people happy with £4m

I remember reading in the early '90's somewhere she was worth in the range of $300m..while another

article stated her art collection alone was worth in acces of $100m. & the thing is money makes money.

If she made a certain amount through new 'activities' than that's cool..but what about the rest of her fortune?

Surely she's well invested...but we don't know shit about that.

When her douchebag traitor brother was on Howard Stern two years ago promoting that "biography" of his, I think he stated that her true fortune was around $700 million.

When will someone else other than OPRAH be #1? So boring. :ugh:

It wouldn't be flattering to the corporate interests that Forbes represent if it was different

Oprah is great don't get me wrong but really here in Italy you won't find many people without satellite tv that know her

As I am sure most 75 yo grandmothers European grandmothers have absolutely no idea of who she is...... but for instance

all of their grandchildren sure know who Madonna is in some measure or another, with emotions tending much or less towards sympathy or disapproval

or whatever.....But No one here in Europe doesn't know who Madonna is

I love that Oprah and Beyonce hold the top two spots. :clap::bow:

However, thus Forbes list is pure P.R. They have no idea what the true worth of any of these people are, which is why they use all of this other criteria to calculate ranking. No celeb with a brain would ever tell them how much they're truly worth, unless they want the IRS breathing down their neck. :lol:

Anyway Madonna made way more than that amount in 2009

According to a Wall Street Journal article of 2007 the terms of her Arthur Fogel (God bless him) Livenation partnership are very specific

As Nightshade was once in 2008 explaining this to me upon my request...she's entitled to between 70 and 85% of the tour gross

so if you do the math (even if you wanted to act all prissy and just count how much money she earned with Sticky and Sweet part 2 in 2009)

$59m is not even 50% of the Billboard reported final tour gross (almost $140m, just for the two-months track *cough cough*) and if on top of that

you add the spare cash the Bernard Arnault LVMH gave her for LV campaign part 2 plus the money that her friends Stefano and Domenico gave her for the

brilliantly shot Steven Klein campaign plus the royalties for every time every radio somewhere in the world plays one of her songs (you won't hear

much played) in Afghan households (unfortunately) plus all her properties and the art she lands to museums plus a zillion other things well

Enough said

I know that it must be upsetting not to see Madonna on top of that list for a Madonna fan because she works so much harder than anybody else I have ever heard

of in the biz and rightfully deserve to be on top of that list (which is just a magazine list by the way, thank God is not a prize that is to be

cherished for life)........but and now I conclude bear in mind that we are talking about the publication that in 2007 was estimating her to be worth

$300 million in total....... now if you check the Sunday Times rich list (jeez those Brits are sure obsessed by rankings and ranks :chuckle: )

it will tell you that barely 12 months later Madonna was worth £300million :rotfl:

I mean we have established for a while now (unfortuantely) that there's a difference between 300 Million Dollars

and 300 Million Pounds :elite:

I love that Oprah and Beyonce hold the top two spots. :clap::bow:

However, thus Forbes list is pure P.R. They have no idea what the true worth of any of these people are, which is why they use all of this other criteria to calculate ranking. No celeb with a brain would ever tell them how much they're truly worth, unless they want the IRS breathing down their neck. :lol:

Oh God thank you for this intervention in this thread

you said exactly what I meant in my other posts but in a more concise and less crazy way :lol:

Thank God there's still people even among Madonna fans whose brains are still functioning in all of his components

Good going Afrolito

You truly stole what I meant this once :D

And to prove my point I can add this too for those who dont want listen at the Furbi headquarters

Julia Roberts didn't make barely $20 million in 2009 please....go and tell it to ur granma in your Colorado cottages or Vermont whatever the place it is

She had a Lancome contract worth at least $20,000,000 plus I am sure she was smart enough to include merchandising clauses in it

Plus the $15 million she got for getting to work with Clive Owen plus the money she makes out of the DVD sales of all the projects she produced

her appearance at Canale 5 lastfall must have cost berlusconi a fair chunk of cash...... it would kind of make her like a latter-day robin hodd

so to speak...with all the due respect for some of Berlusconi's family..... without them there would never have been a Lorella Cuccarini

interviewing Madonna on Canale 5....so..... as kurt Loder says *Whatever*