Stuart Price on why Madonna didnt work with him after COADF

elijah

Guest nothingfails0603

I don't see the discussion. Madonna has always used producers, then moved on when she felt she's gone as far as she needs to go with them. A lesser artist would still be using Orbit over and over again in hopes to recapture the spark of Ray Of Light, look at how many times Mariah keeps running back to Jermaine Dupri because Mimi was a smash. Madonna worked with Stuart, it was a smash (worldwide, maybe not so much in America but considering it sold more than twice what both AL and HC did, it proves it did well) then she moved on to something else. It's nothing new for her and I don't think Price should find or come up with any explanations except for that Madonna moves on to different producers much like she did with Orbit and Mirwais as well.

U know what my beautiful gays...In the long run 't is all 4 the best.

Bitch got it out of her system..the hippest most radio friendly

producers won't get her succes..she knows it & she'll go back

2 making MUSIC.. .

We can only hope

I don't see the discussion. Madonna has always used producers, then moved on when she felt she's gone as far as she needs to go with them. A lesser artist would still be using Orbit over and over again in hopes to recapture the spark of Ray Of Light, look at how many times Mariah keeps running back to Jermaine Dupri because Mimi was a smash. Madonna worked with Stuart, it was a smash (worldwide, maybe not so much in America but considering it sold more than twice what both AL and HC did, it proves it did well) then she moved on to something else. It's nothing new for her and I don't think Price should find or come up with any explanations except for that Madonna moves on to different producers much like she did with Orbit and Mirwais as well.

Each album of hers is so different from the other.

Obviously the next album WON'T be Timbo/Pharrell :lol:

Guest bluejean

I find it hilarious that so many fans claimed Madonna didn't work with those producers in search of commercial of success. Even though it was obvious and Stuart has now confirmed it.

Imagine if Madonna's next single is this amazing dark haunting ballad. Something incredible and vulnerable that makes people go "wow."

Then follow it up with a huge funky electro anthem.

I'm kinda glad M is out of the picture right now. It gives everyone a chance to get Caca, Beyonce, and all the wannabees out of their system in time for M;s next release. I just hope we don't get a Madonna-Caca collaboration. She has enough attention already. I wouldn't mind a rock style album from M. Everything on the radio now is generic dance music that Madonna did back in '05.

this is just puzzling...in relative terms with the lack of airplay & shit..

I'd say the album did very very well!

:) exactly

considering that it sold more than double in the US (1,6m) than what AL sold there(750k) barely two years before and taking into account the huge backlash she received in the States at the time of the AL promotion in the spring of 2003...... backlash that she turned once again to her advantage with the Missy Elliot GAP campaign, the staged "passing of the flame" MTV Britney/Christina smooch, the children's books that sold shitloads of copies in the US and what else I forgot, the Number 1 tour of 2004, the one and only RIT. Stuart is talking nonsense... he probably just can't deal with the fact that Madonna doesn't dwell much with the same collaborators aside few memorable exceptions after the Patrick Leonard years....that being Mirwais and letting Orbit work on Beautiful Stranger in 1999. I would just say that he's being insincere or maybe bummed out coz he didn't get to make more money with her. After all what is he doing at the moment? After 5 years I mean? Working on Kylie Minogue new original album.... you know a sound ain't never been heard before with absolutely no meaning behind it and a tacky video with people making out in the streets .... but that's a whole other issue.... :lol:

FACT is the COADF was a huge success in the States too....considering everything

Imagine if Madonna's next single is this amazing dark haunting ballad. Something incredible and vulnerable that makes people go "wow."

Then follow it up with a huge funky electro anthem.

She already did that in that album called Ray of Light.

when I asked Madonna about Hard Candy she told me:

'You know what acko, contractwise it was basically time 2 make another record. But I was also planning a divorce, another adoption..

ending my contract with my record company & trying

2 come up with a new business model that would revolutionize the music industry..So my friend Ingrid told me it

was okay 2 give up a reasonable amount of creative control..After all those years I figured I'd earned the privilige.

I had so much on my plate that year professionally & privately & I wanted this record 2 b a reasonable succes. In order 2 that I decided 2 hire the hottest names in pop..

don't get me wrong, I genuinely liked their work..but I didn't completely invest in it creatively. & I kinda

continued that process 4 my greatest hits record. In my mind I'd already closed that chapter.'

:lmao::clap:

oh, i wish she released that statement. It's simply weird that some fans still don't see that the album was a creative fiasco for a woman who has been for 25 years releasing good albums and being the leader and not the follower. Even when she sold out with Nellee Hooper or David Foster, at least the results were good songs. If she had released a good album with Timba/Pharrell, the thing would have been different, but the creativity in HC is below zero.

But no, they still live in their la la land where selling 4 million copies from that album is good news, no matter if it has lowered her profile. The same with that horrible tour.

Regarding her choice to collaborate with "artists" and producers that represented what was mainstream in the US musically (and that has been mainstream in the US for the past 10 years at least) was just Madonna saying "now I turn to rap-hip hop" (after basically 10 years of every little pop whore doing duets that sounded all the same and were more excuses to promote fragrances than to make good music) "and add a pop touch to it and my touch to it and make it mine", considering that the sound was already boring and outdated already in 2008: Timbaland has worked too much....the climax came with Nelly Furtado's 2006 release which was a great record

(I remember waiting for Esther to appear on stage for CT in 2006 at Rome's Olimpico and Maneater blaring out loud during Oakenfold's set :horny: ) but you can't go on doing the same things forever..... yet it gave Madonna one of the most successfull hits of the decade in the US not to mention the fact that with such scant promotion that 2008 album was the 15th best selling album of the year ...... so the moral of the story is:

You Stuart....aren't you playing the jaded liar game perhaps?

:gent:

I also think it's curious to notice how after Madonna gave us Hard Candy and Sticky and Sweet, 2009 was "the year"

of yet another "the New Madonna", and words such as gay, Warhole, 80's sound and dance were being "breathed new life into"

oops so coincindentally with a new President in the White House, a Democrat, after 8 years of Bushism

Sounds to me Madge not only has total control over her image and career...even more now than 20 years ago perhaps

(not bad for someone who is "old") but she basically pulls the strings of the whole recording industry :vogue:

I hope she works with Pharrell again, and I certainly think she's not done with him yet.

Give it 2 me was great. More of that please.

Guest bluejean

She already did that in that album called Ray of Light.

Yes and look how well that all turned out.

Although I was thinking something more personal and intimate than Frozen.

No matter if it has lowered her profile. The same with that horrible tour.

Well that's your opinion dear :)

facts are a bit different if you think where the fans, the critics and the international media stand right now in regards to Madge 2008 - 2010

Orbit worked with Madonna for Ray Of Light, TNBT AND Music.

Mirwais worked with Madonna for Music, American Life AND Confessions.

Stuart did one song on American Life and he did Confessions. Period. Of course it was all about her AMERICAN EGO and not about not using the producer again.GET REAL.

COAD was massive in the U.S (in relative terms)...at least that's how I c it.

just compare her sales with Stefani & Fergie round that time..& those bitches had multiple radio hits.

COAD was massive in the U.S (in relative terms)...at least that's how I c it.

just compare her sales with Stefani & Fergie round that time..& those bitches had multiple radio hits.

She's not interested in "relative terms". :vogue:

oh, i wish she released that statement. It's simply weird that some fans still don't see that the album was a creative fiasco for a woman who has been for 25 years releasing good albums and being the leader and not the follower. Even when she sold out with Nellee Hooper or David Foster, at least the results were good songs. If she had released a good album with Timba/Pharrell, the thing would have been different, but the creativity in HC is below zero.

But no, they still live in their la la land where selling 4 million copies from that album is good news, no matter if it has lowered her profile. The same with that horrible tour.

over-dramatic and rediculous.

Orbit worked with Madonna for Ray Of Light, TNBT AND Music.

Mirwais worked with Madonna for Music, American Life AND Confessions.

Stuart did one song on American Life and he did Confessions. Period. Of course it was all about her AMERICAN EGO and not about not using the producer again.GET REAL.

Or maybe it's because the Thin White Duke wasn't keen much on getting the meaning of prayer during the RIT era :chuckle:

This doesn't even make sense. How can a hit album and having the most successful tour ever by a solo artist "lower her profile"?? The "horrible" tour is nothing more than your opinion and based on the critical and fan reviews you are actually in the minority with that opinion. Even the fans that hated HC tended to like the tour. I'm not dissing your OPINIONS because you are entitled to like what you like. But why do you make up lies all the time and present them as fact? Or do you actually believe them?

This doesn't even make sense. How can a hit album and having the most successful tour ever by a solo artist "lower her profile"?? The "horrible" tour is nothing more than your opinion and based on the critical and fan reviews you are actually in the minority with that opinion. Even the fans that hated HC tended to like the tour. I'm not dissing your OPINIONS because you are entitled to like what you like. But why do you make up lies all the time and present them as fact? Or do you actually believe them?

:lmao::lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker

oh, i heard that horrid kylie album last night. it just solidifies what madonna brings to the table with her collaborators.

Well, she's at a different place in her life each time she sets herself the goal of making a new record.. you know? ...You know, everyone knows what she's well known for, which is to reinvent herself and present herself as a different person, constantly evolving, and she loves music and wants to constantly evolve/reinvent her sound.. that's what it's about probably regardless of whether it's hit or miss.. I'd like to think she isn't restricted as that to work with anybody so that she can achieve a hit record, I like to believe that she has a reason to get back in the studio and make new music other than for the purpose of having a successful record.. afterall, she can afford to take risks, she has tasted success many times. Stuart Price isn't entirely right.

What? :lmao: So I guess you know Madonna..AND Stuart!

He's not right about WHAT? :lol:

What? :lmao: So I guess you know Madonna..AND Stuart!

He's not right about WHAT? :lol:

It's just an opinion.

Achieving success in a certain territory with a record may be on her agenda when she goes into the studio, but it's not the be all and end all. Anyway, with the amount of success that she has already achieved in the US why should it mean all that much to her now? she could tour there and all/most of her shows would sell out in an instant.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

People really need to move on from Stuart, it's done, they did Confessions, work with someone else.

He's right in saying Madonna was late on working with Timbo. He'd dished out all his signature hits before he gave Madonna tunes, which is why HC sounded like a re-hash from the last 5 years.

He's right in saying Madonna was late on working with Timbo. He'd dished out all his signature hits before he gave Madonna tunes, which is why HC sounded like a re-hash from the last 5 years.

preach