Madonna 'wants to reunite with brother'

kangarooz

From Digitalspy.

Madonna 'wants to reunite with brother'

Sunday, September 6 2009, 19:40 BST

By Catriona Wightman

WENN

Madonna reportedly wants to reconcile with her brother.

The pair's relationship broke down last year after Christopher Ciccone published a book about the star.

However, the singer now wants to patch things up and has started to send Ciccone emails, according to WENN.

A source told the Sunday Mirror: "Madonna did it more for her family than for herself. Her feud with Chris was creating huge tension with the family so she decided to be the bigger person.

"At one point Madonna wanted all the family to cut off Chris, but her father wasn't willing. It's been a nightmare ever since. She's calmed down about the book and had time to think.

"She realises blood is thicker than water and has said she will meet with him this year in LA."

Probably B.S.... since we aren't sure the relationship between the two was that sour in the first place. I suspect she wasn't happy with him. And if I were I wouldn't be speaking to him after that.

Seriously, she could still be estranged from him and get on with her family. If her siblings or parents want to continue getting on with them, that is their business, but she can easily keep her distance from him. Maybe a little harder a family gatherings, but she could simply just not speak to him.

Honestly, I can't see why any family member would approve of what he did and have a hard time understanding why Madonna is pissed.

Bingo.

Exactly.

Plus, if the press really wanted to make up something that would truly interest the average reader (not the fans) then they'd probably write about how they still don't get along or how she's very mean at him - even after this time. That's why I think the story may be true, it's simply not something the press would make up - it's too friendly ;)

I also agree with the divorce.. Guy and Christopher obviously didn't get along .

Did she end it by telling him she was sorry about "The Thanksgiving Butter Incident"? I mean, I'm sure that played a BIG factor in their communication breakdown.

The story is probably BS and actually she shouldn't!

Her brother is a douche and did one of the worst thing you can do to a family member; sell them out

After that they are NOT family!

Get real!! If your brother or sister did that would you never have anything else to do with them and would you be incredibly self centered as to ask your parents and other siblings to completely cut off this person? There isn't nothing shocking in his book. Everyone already knows M can be incredibly selfish and a bitch at times. Big deal. If it's true she told (or asked) her siblings and her father to cut him off that just proves what a selfish bitch she really is. I'm not defending Chris but that book was a boring read that had not one once of shock nor did anyone learn stuff we already didn't know.

Edited by ahafan02

Get real!! If your brother or sister did that would you never have anything else to do with them and would you be incredibly self centered as to ask your parents and other siblings to completely cut off this person? There isn't nothing shocking in his book. Everyone already knows M can be incredibly selfish and a bitch at times. Big deal. If it's true she told (or asked) her siblings and her father to cut him off that just proves what a selfish bitch she really is. I'm not defending Chris but that book was a boring read that had not one once of shock nor did anyone learn stuff we already didn't know.

Ehm?

Get real yourself!

No one in their right mind writes a book bitching about their family like that...

It has nothing to do with whether the book revealed something shocking or not... just to do that to a family member is just bad... it's not like Madonna assaulted him or something like that right?

but I guess you and I have got different values when it comes to meaning of family..

There is no doubt in my mind that the book was justified. Anyone who says otherwise simply because they are Madonna fans are delusional, Madonna has shown in the past not to always be a diplomatic person (e.g the mariah comment in '94, which even though I dont like Mariah, was not justified). I myself have been stabbed in the back by family and I have forgiven them becuase at the end of the day they are your family, the idea is to talk through your problems, not just cut them off.

On the other hand Christopher has shown to mooch off her fame a fair bit.

Her brother is the worst. He is probably one of those guys that go to bars, telling people that he is Madonna's brother just to get laid.

gross

Guest boytoyville

Yes, what he did was horrible but Madonna's isn't always a peach either. Regardless of everything they have a long history together and he is the one who was there when everything happened to her. I think Madonna divorcing guy helped. There is no doubt they Guy treated Chris like shit, not that it excuses him from the book. Hopefully through talking thing over they can heal over time.

I'd say KEEP IT TOGETHER.....

He is her brother no matter what he did, Still he is family

I'm sure whatever was written in that book is partly true and it flopped so im sure not many read it so i say Forgive and forget. Madge is i think with all the successes she had is now ready to make nice LOL

6D98675736534EB1D64CADE44E7B89.jpg

Chris with Joan Crawford LOL

Guest SuperBriGuy

Her brother is the worst. He is probably one of those guys that go to bars, telling people that he is Madonna's brother just to get laid.

gross

Aww. I thought he was semi-cute in Truth Or Dare. :shy:

You know, I realize that "family" should come first but I never quite understand why people have to endure abuse or shitty treatment from a family member soley because they share the same DNA. I think you can forgive someone but that doesn't mean they need to be a big part of your life anymore. It's not like it will go back to the way it was before, especially when one person was betrayed. Breaking loyalty is probably one of the worst things people can do to each other, short of physical harm.

Forgive, yes. Forget, no.

You know, I realize that "family" should come first but I never quite understand why people have to endure abuse or shitty treatment from a family member soley because they share the same DNA. I think you can forgive someone but that doesn't mean they need to be a big part of your life anymore. It's not like it will go back to the way it was before, especially when one person was betrayed. Breaking loyalty is probably one of the worst things people can do to each other, short of physical harm.

Forgive, yes. Forget, no.

First sane post :thumbsup:

I love how delusional twits in here know that Christopher was telling shit we all knew. Really? I don't know Madonna personally, and neither does anyone on this forum. :wacko: And in any case, just because he's her brother, doesn't mean she has to talk to him, respect him, put up with his bitchiness, or even like him. Family doesn't mean you have to put up with peoples shit, just because you popped out of the same twat.

The story is most likely bullshit anyway.

I can't believe some people actually think that book has anything explosive about Madonna in it. Did you read it? It's ALL trivial nonsense about her (the butter incident just about sums it up). The most "revealing" part of the book is his coke (key bumps) habit.

He wrote his perspective on something that is part of music history now. What's the big deal? It's basically about her ego (yes, she has one) and brother & sister bickering. RIVETING!

Maybe Madonna is not think about her self but about whats best for her family. She is studding kabbalah so she should forgive him. I mean don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk - I believe she said it her self.

Guest jamesshot

Whatever she feels is best for her or her family, more power to her.

Relationships b/w siblings are either great or the worst. It is no surprise either of them saw both in each other. Your family usually sees you do the worst things imaginable. The difference is we don't go and write a book ( or even post something on Facebook for a more appropriate example). I know I would find it hard to forgive my sister if she purposively humiliated me on a social network. Or vice versa. Family inflicted wounds are the deepest and usually hardest to heal but there is also the potential for the greatest forgiveness. If she wants to forgive him, great. If not, I understand. :)

gross

Funny you say that because I've heard stories from fans who say that this is exactly what Christopher is doing. :lmao:

Anyway, still, like some people have said here the book isn't very revealing at all. I think he could write a lot worse, a lot more "interesting" (in the tabloid sense) things, and with that in mind I think M can forgive him, and will forgive him.

Guest chatty kathy

I think it has the possibility to be true.

Her father has had cancer. He's not getting any younger. The quote, "At one point Madonna wanted all the family to cut off Chris, but her father wasn't willing. It's been a nightmare ever since. She's calmed down about the book and had time to think." sound like something a parent would say to their fueding adult children. It probably hurt her father more than either of them even.

And if she hasn't learned that from the enlightening kabballah by now, it may be time to drop it.

I don't see how anyone could think his book was "justified". It's wrong to air out people's dirty laundry, private and personal problems without the other's permission. With that said....I think it's cool if Madonna is willing to forgive him (and vice versa). I'm sure they equally both have their faults and contributed for what happened between them. I also read the book and I could feel Chris's love for Madonna in it and that's all that matters in the end.