*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

am i the only one seeing a scary white face at the leftmost side of the image inside the 2nd column? :scared:

Now that you mention it.. I see it too. But it's just a reflection of the camera obviously, since they've got stadium lighting.

The shadow looks like Mariah actually :lmao:

Eggsactly, acko (get some sleep, boy!). But for some, you know that is is too much of a chore- they want EVERY SINGLE VIDEO on 1 DVD, so all they have to do is press play and be done with it. (I not being one of those people)

At some point, shall I post an updated analysis of the album's 34 oldies-but-goodies and how CULTURALLY ENRICHING they are? :vogue:

On Madonnnalicious, the following credit errors are noted, in addition to the LIB one:

- William Orbit is credited for production on La Isla Bonita (along with Madonna and Patrick Leonard, strangely) and Die Another Day (instead of Mirwais).

- On the songwriting credits for Dress You Up, 'Andrea LaRusso' has now become 'Andrew LaRusso'.

- And in the songwriting credits for Celebration, 'Ciaran Gribbin' is now 'Ciarian Gribbin'.

WB must have run out of $ to pay copy editors for the project.

This is why I'm thrilled that Madonna is leaving Warners.Everything they do these days is done in a cheap,ineffective manner.They can't properly promote her singles and now,they can't even get the credits right!

Madonna deserves better than this.

On Madonnnalicious, the following credit errors are noted, in addition to the LIB one:

- William Orbit is credited for production on La Isla Bonita (along with Madonna and Patrick Leonard, strangely) and Die Another Day (instead of Mirwais).

- On the songwriting credits for Dress You Up, 'Andrea LaRusso' has now become 'Andrew LaRusso'.

- And in the songwriting credits for Celebration, 'Ciaran Gribbin' is now 'Ciarian Gribbin'.

'Beautiful Stranger' credited as written by Madonna/Patrick Leonard...instead of William Orbit

'Die Another Die' credited as produced by Madonna/William Orbit...instead of Mirwais

and 'Cherish' produced by Madonna & Patrick Leonardt (with a t!) - guess am being really 'picky' now huh?

Those are *all* in the double CD? Is it too much to hope that the U.S. pressings don't have those errors? :| At least the back cover credits look correct.

In the Belgian 'Frozenless' edition the booklet does in include 'Frozen' :rolleyes:

I think I'm gonna skip this DVD since some of my fav video were not there!

The one thing I don't get is the complaints about the DVD. :confused: It's pretty much as comprehensive as you can get! I never expected them to put so much on it in a million years.

2 things about the dvd:

1) think it's funny that american pie made it on there but no playground... and i wish they used the "alternate" version of get together

2) boo... it's 4x3 as in not widescreen, which makes sense for the ones that weren't but what of the ones like 4 minutes that were? do they get ugly pan and scan?

2 things about the dvd:

1) think it's funny that american pie made it on there but no playground... and i wish they used the "alternate" version of get together

2) boo... it's 4x3 as in not widescreen, which makes sense for the ones that weren't but what of the ones like 4 minutes that were? do they get ugly pan and scan?

Indeed.

Between the 2 DVD's there is still about 30 minutes they could have squeezed some of the notable omissions such as Nothing Really Matters, American life etc onto the release.

query: can anyone explain and/or list the videos that are missing? i've heard nothing really matters, bad girl, playground, dear jessie...

and by "missing" i tend to think that it's missing if NOT represented on the dvd somehow, i don't mean like the frozen mc stereo mix...

just curious.

note: do things like "one more chance" or the ghv2 megamix vids count? if freaking celebration is a real "video..." then aren't these too

I'll get the Double DVD but it's so fucking incomplete and the packaging is cheap looking plus NO SPECIAL FEATURES AT ALL!

query: can anyone explain and/or list the videos that are missing? i've heard nothing really matters, bad girl, playground, dear jessie...

and by "missing" i tend to think that it's missing if NOT represented on the dvd somehow, i don't mean like the frozen mc stereo mix...

just curious.

note: do things like "one more chance" or the ghv2 megamix vids count? if freaking celebration is a real "video..." then aren't these too

Well, some fans count every single montage video or live clip that MTV, VH1, or any other video channel in the world has ever played. For me, something like "One More Chance" doesn't count. Neither does the "Angel" montage video, because neither of them really offer any kind of new content. I do count "GHV2 Mega Mix" though, because the shots of the screens, etc., were newly filmed specifically for that video.

Going by that criteria, these are the major videos that were left off of the collection....

• Everybody
  • The Gambler
  • Oh Father [available on 'The Immaculate Collection' DVD]
  • Dear Jessie
  • This Used To Be My Playground [available on 'A League Of Their Own' DVD]
  • Bad Girl [available on 'The Video Collection 93:99']
  • Fever [available on 'The Video Collection 93:99']
  • Love Don't Live Here Anymore [available on 'The Video Collection 93:99']
  • You Must Love Me
  • Drowned World/Substitute For Love [available on 'The Video Collection 93:99']
  • Nothing Really Matters [available on 'The Video Collection 93:99']
  • GHV2 Megamix
  • American Life

"The Gambler" is really nothing special, although I still listed it. Basically, it's just footage of Madonna singing the song in 'Vision Quest' (with the bar signs behind her clumsily pixelated), along with additional scenes lifted from the movie (some of them are even repeated from "Crazy For You"). Love the song, but the video is probably the least essential of any.

I didn't list "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" or "Another Suitcase In Another Hall" above, as they're both taken directly from 'Evita.'

I also didn't list live videos, like "Dress You Up" or "Holiday." Although a case can certainly be made for "DYU," as one edit of the video features some additional footage at the beginning, which is not seen on the 'Virgin Tour' full-length video.