*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

can't believe album coming out in a week, does the general public actually know she is releasing a greatest hits?

There just seems to be zero 'buzz' around this release which just doesn't feel good!

I hope they really push advertising!

I mean it's going to do well because it's a greatest hits from the queen of pop! However if they spend some money on advertising and she does some real promotion it could be massive!

I'm in the uk and would be disappointed with anything less than 1 million by Christmas!

Hope she does the x factor! This will help!

Uk love greatest hits! Whitney did one last year that sold 400,000 plus with no promotion whatsoever! Celine did over 450,000 with her my love collection too. I'd consider M to over double these sales!

Ok- TIC version of OYH, Cherish, CFY, etc.- sound like TIC versions. "Vogue," regardless of listed running time, does not (least to my ears).

God, you keep saying that. "Vogue" is very clearly the echo-drenched Q-Sound Mix.

"Express Yourself" however (as I suspected from the previous clips) is not the Q-Sound Mix! I just hope they haven't edited down the full length of the video / 7" Remix Edit version to match that of TIC (which runs 4:00).

Perhaps clearly to YOU, Mattress, but as a big fan, I'm usually decent at spotting the difference between versions. And, to me, this one doesn't sound like TIC one. Could just be the snippet, though- I don't hear the echo in this snippet; maybe others do, on better systems, who knows. So, take a relaxer.

loom, wasn't the "Vogue" played at the VMAs a 12-inch mix? (with the longer section before the rap)

Clips are back! Though lesser quality...

http://www.cede.ch/de/music-cd/frames/frameset.cfm?aobj=790919

EY, MG and WTG are all listed as 4:40 which is obviously incorrect. Rest is same as Amazon.com.

Edit: They are on Amazon.fr :D

http://www.amazon.fr/Celebration/dp/B002ON4ETO/

Just when Lil' Wayne's part was about to start, the clip ends. :doh:

Perhaps clearly to YOU, Mattress, but as a big fan, I'm usually decent at spotting the difference between versions. And, to me, this one doesn't sound like TIC one. Could just be the snippet, though- I don't hear the echo in this snippet; maybe others do, on better systems, who knows. So, take a relaxer.

:lol: You so are not. It has little to do with how big a fan you are... something I would never question as I know you love the bitch.

This isn't a competition or an ego thing, it's not that important, but I do know what I'm talking about. I've always made an effort to post accurate, detailed threads and provide files and information to help clear up confusion over the many variations of her singles. Your strengths have always been more chart and CRITICAL ACCLAIM oriented, and very much appreciated.

That said, you continually mistake variations, assume incorrectly and/or ask the same things that have been cleared up multiple times on the very forums you moderate. You also repeat yourself a lot and place smug little emoticons at the foot of condescending sentences, but I digress. Your inability to correctly identify such things only surprises given your love of/obsession with The Immaculate Collection.

Case in point:

loom, wasn't the "Vogue" played at the VMAs a 12-inch mix?

"Vogue" at the VMA's is an ever-so-slightly lengthier take of the (*drum roll*) Q Sound Mix. The edited breakdown in the middle was either spliced in from the 12" Version for the performance or was a portion excised out of the released Q Sound version. The intro was also a few bars longer and lest we forget those performance-dictated fan sound effects... *pflttt!*. Otherwise it was the debut of The Immaculate Collection remix. You know, from your precious, ACCLAIMED Immaculate Collection.

"Vogue" was supposed to close out TIC, so I've always suspected that its full run time was initially even longer but was edited to accommodate "Justify My Love" and "Rescue Me". In an era where labels kept their CDs under 73 minutes (TIC spills 30+ seconds over that limitation), I think a lot of those early fades and quick edits heard throughout TIC were executed only to make room for the two new songs (Shep Pettibone likely had the original 15 track master filled to the brim). One of the casualties was likely the lengthier bits of "Vogue" as heard on the VMA performance.

And "take a relaxer"? Seriously, HolidayGuy, who says that? [holidayguy] :)[/holidayguy]

^Rather than use the cliched and overdone "chill pill," that's what I posted. I can't imagine anyone uses it in everyday conversation.

And continually mistake variations and assume incorrectly? What are you talkin' about? Man, as a moderator, I guess I should pay more attention to posters here and every little detail about them that annoys me- but, I don't feel the need to criticize them on it. Different strokes (now there's a phrase people use all the time)

I'm glad someone has the time to distinguish so dilligently between all the variations of single and their edits and so on- it's quite helpful. *looks for traditional HolidayGuy smile or gentleman wink smilie*

Guest IJustFuctMadonna

Well, Mattress WAS correct about the Q-Sound Vogue in the clip. I have memorized every stereo effect in every single mix she has ever released, and it's quite obvious that the echo, stereo panning, and added reverb on the vocals is from the Q-Sound mix. And yes, it was the same mix at the VMAs. He knows what he's talking about. I know you are invested in figuring this out as much as he is, but Mattress is pretty legendary in the Madonna online community for knowing every little detail about Madonna's recorded output, and what he says is generally very well-researched. Just sayin'.

Guest bluejean

Wow, what a pack of Madonna nerds :dramatic:

Next debate topic should be how many seconds are inbetween each song and how this compares to previous releases :D

Warners have stuffed up the Australian release. JB HiFi (largest chain in the country) doesn't have a single copy of the 1CD version in any store in Australia (according to the salesperson I spoke to, who researched it after some guy asked him why they didn't have it). The 2CD version, though, was put on sale today in some stores (a day early) for $19.99 (cheaper than the iTunes version!!) and the DVD is out next week (there's a sticker with an ad for the DVD on the front of the CD).

There's not a lot to the artwork - it's the cover theme throughout with a few Mr Brainwash-icised photos from various stages of her career. There's a list of production/writers' credits etc. and a very brief "thank yous" section from Madonna (Michael Rosenblatt, her warners family and her fans - "I love each and every one of you". I was kind of hoping for a massive booklet with tonnes of info about her history (like a proper, serious version of the GHV2 liner "notes"), but alas, nothing of the kind. There's a foldout poster of the cover inside the CD case :)

Jeez, no write-up at all? You'd think that since it's a career-spanner, there would be- they should have just taken what was written in TIC and added stuff for the period thereafter (in that same tone, not like GHV2).

Unless they figure, "Let the Music speak for itself."

Jeez, no write-up at all? You'd think that since it's a career-spanner, there would be- they should have just taken what was written in TIC and added stuff for the period thereafter (in that same tone, not like GHV2).

Unless they figure, "Let the Music speak for itself."

Possibly. Still, it's disappointing that there's absolutely no write-up in any way, shape or form!

OK, here's the text of her "thank yous" (spoilers!!)

Thank you to Michael Rosenblatt for bringing me to Seymour Stein who made it possible for me to make music.

Thank you to my Warner Bros Records family for all your hard work and effort throughout the years.

Special thanks to all the fans for your love and support. I appreciate every single one of you.

Then it lists general album credits for the collection (e.g. Executive Producer - Madonna, etc. etc.) Madonna's assistant manager is listed as Sara Zambreno - has anyone ever heard of her?

After the credits, in her own handwriting, Madonna has written, "All the best! Madonna" with a love heart over the second "a" in "Madonna".

The back of the booklet has a picture in the top left corner of Madonna's lips with the beauty spot, a Madonna stamp (with an LA postmark for 29 Sept. 2009 - US release date), xoxo under the lips and a big red "Fragile. Handle With Care" sticker across the middle of the page. Below that, again in her own handwriting, Madonna has written "love Madonna" with a heart over the first "a" :)

I won't go into detail about the other pages in the booklet, but there's quite a cool one with dozens of broken vinyl records. Another has images in sepia of her from every stage of her career, but there's a dribbling paint effect that I think detracts from the overall effect of the page. Still, others might love it!

OK, that's it from me! Now I'm off to listen to it (I haven't had a chance to, yet, as I've been bogged down in work).

Edit - I've just noticed an unfortunate typo in the production credits - La Isla Bonita is credited to Madonna, William Orbit and Patrick Leonard (as producers) - someone's obviously just cut and pasted the credit for "Frozen" :(

Possibly. Still, it's disappointing that there's absolutely no write-up in any way, shape or form!

OK, here's the text of her "thank yous" (spoilers!!)

Thank you to Michael Rosenblatt for bringing me to Seymour Stein who made it possible for me to make music.

Thank you to my Warner Bros Records family for all your hard work and effort throughout the years.

Special thanks to all the fans for your love and support. I appreciate every single one of you.

Then it lists general album credits for the collection (e.g. Executive Producer - Madonna, etc. etc.) Madonna's assistant manager is listed as Sara Zambreno - has anyone ever heard of her?

After the credits, in her own handwriting, Madonna has written, "All the best! Madonna" with a love heart over the second "a" in "Madonna".

The back of the booklet has a picture in the top left corner of Madonna's lips with the beauty spot, a Madonna stamp (with an LA postmark for 29 Sept. 2009 - US release date), xoxo under the lips and a big red "Fragile. Handle With Care" sticker across the middle of the page. Below that, again in her own handwriting, Madonna has written "love Madonna" with a heart over the first "a" :)

I won't go into detail about the other pages in the booklet, but there's quite a cool one with dozens of broken vinyl records. Another has images in sepia of her from every stage of her career, but there's a dribbling paint effect that I think detracts from the overall effect of the page. Still, others might love it!

OK, that's it from me! Now I'm off to listen to it (I haven't had a chance to, yet, as I've been bogged down in work).

thanks for posting! is that from the double CD??