*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

What a lazy generic Double CD tracklisting. A total Don't buy. The new Celebration DVD is missing videos and WB is too lazy to give us some special feature goodies. No Live performances, No remix videos...nothing.

re: Into the Groove, it's the original version that was released as B-side Angel in the US and stuck on the 2nd version of Like A Virgin. The film demo version has yet to be released and only clocks in at just over four minutes in the film.

Still, at least they got it right not using the plinky plonky IC mix.

As for EY, the album version does nothing for me. I've only ever liked Shep's remix.

I pre-ordered the double CD and DVD at amazon.com.

Overall, I'm pleased with the tracklist for both. Since it's a career spanner, would have been nice to have some others, either on CD or DVD, but some of the omissions fit in less with the Celebration aspect (i.e. "Oh Father," "Bad Girl," etc.- plus, they weren't among her biggest hits and we have those on past video collections, so that's two reasons to justify exclusion). "Miles Away" will remain the true head-scratcher of the bunch for the CD, but

I think "This Used to Be My Playground" would give unneccessary ammo that this is her swan song (unlike "Take a Bow," which directly speaks to a roamnce, TUTBMP's lyrics could describe the end of a career hehe)

re: Into the Groove, it's the original version that was released as B-side Angel in the US and stuck on the 2nd version of Like A Virgin. The film demo version has yet to be released and only clocks in at just over four minutes in the film.

Still, at least they got it right not using the plinky plonky IC mix.

As for EY, the album version does nothing for me. I've only ever liked Shep's remix.

That's the one with all the bass in it. someone posted a making of DSS clip and you could hear it in the background. wish we could have it in HQ

Question Re: the promo ads for Celebration

Are these ads just used for online promotion e.g. Youtube? Or will these eventually get broadcasted on TV?

How effective are 'online ads'?

That is a great ad- probably for the DVD, as it includes audio and footage from "True Blue" and "Rain"?

Note that this ad uses "Holiday" and LAP album versions.

All original versions - Express Yourself as well. But as you said it's for the DVD.

I wonder if WB will re-release anything like they did in the UK (and some other countries) when the Immaculate Collection was released? Crazy For You had a second outing and Holiday a third, the only thing is it cocked up the release of Rescue Me as the imports of RM were around at the same time Crazy For You was re-released carrying the same cover. I wonder how much higher in the charts RM would have reached if it was released straight after JML. I hope Revolver gets released straight after the Celebration single, then it would be nice to see something old re-released even if only in the UK. How about giving Into The Groove another outing?

^Obviously re-releasing an old song in the iTunes era would be a bad idea, especially when she barely scraps the top 40 with a 3rd single these days.

This Used To Be My Playground & Gambler videos are glaring ommisions on the DVD just like American Life.

god you're boring.

Good I'm glad I bore you! I'm not here to make people laugh :manson: