*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

Guest bluejean

i'm more tempted to piece together the greatest hits if i have to buy the damn thing for the track if i can't get "it's so cool" any other way in the same high bitrate and replace all the bad edits with their originals... wonder if the CDs would fill too quickly or if there's minutes left free on these?

also, has anybody else wanted to rearrange the tracks when you get the album and make a copy in chronological order? wonder how hard it'd be to do... i'd probably just do chronological per disc, i think completely switching both in chronological would be harder especially if i wanna bring back full versions of songs like 4 minutes, miles away, and ray of light... any thoughts, anyone?

It's all very easy to do.

Personally, I like the order they've put it in, especially disc 1.

The only thing I don't like is the absence of Deeper & Deeper, Playground, I'll Remember and afew others. I will make a disc 3 for myself.

As for the versions they've used, most are the right versions. I think it will fit for you, but it depends what you're swapping.

Madonna was interviewed on Australian radio last year and the interviewer asked her why 4M had been edited down to 3 minutes. Madonna was surprised and said something like, "What? No it's not, it's four minutes long!" The interviewer told her that the version they were sent ran for just over 3 minutes and she said something like, "Who did that?! They didn't ask me!" so it seems odd that she'd agree to have it on "Celebration". Timbaland barely deserves his "featuring" credit, now!

:shock:

Oooh, interesting. You are such a fount of knowledge. :thumbsup:

I really don't mind having some TIC versions on here, because for the most part, the ones they've chosen are very similar to the originals anyway, so it's all OK! What I'm miffed about, though, is the inclusion of ridiculously long versions of songs such as Holiday (by far the most bizarre choice), Live To Tell and Frozen at the expense of other tracks (cut two minutes off holiday and a minute each off LTT and Frozen and you've got another song on the collection). Live To Tell and Frozen are far better known in their single/radio edits, while Holiday is almost completely unknown to the general public in its original album version. The radio edit of 4M definitely shouldn't have been used, and although it's great to have Like A Prayer in its original form, the single mix would have been much better (still, it's better to go with the album version than the TIC version for this particular track). I wonder what a remastered LAP will sound like? The original lacked bass, so hopefully that's been rectified.

Word. While I think some songs should ONLY be album versions (ROL for one), the approach here is odd and random.

The single mix of LAP of course had more bass.

That just proves that Madonna didn't even pay attention to what versions are being sent to radio or included on this collection.

Which is a shame because other than the original producers and Guy she is the only person who would care about that. Warner most definately just grabbed whatever and slapped it on.

They did a much better job than GHV2 though.

Oh I dunno about that. I liked that they actually BOTHERED putting all the single mixes on there - and listing them! Hot mess of an album and thrown together, yes.

HG, EY video version would be a minute longer than that. The main difference is just the intro though, it starts with that "b-b-b-baby" line.

Good, I'm glad they fixed that. What is she, Kylie Minogue or something? :|

Makes sense that EY is the remix as it's the best known version. I'm so glad LAP is the original, I was kind of worried when I saw the commercial that they played the dreaded disco version again.

And Tribe seems to have got several things wrong - Dress You Up is the original and thank god hasn't been shortened (they could maybe have faded it earlier without much harm to it, I suppose), they said ROL was the album version and Lucky Star and Cherish were the original edits, but they're the TIC mixes - Cherish is better in the TIC mix to some extent cause the edit gets rid of the fingersnap breakdown middle 8.

I wonder what that first listing Tribe posted was all about - it suddenly changed from LAP TIC mix to album version. Very fishy. You don't think Warners changed it at the last minute cause of a negative reaction? :1251:

Good, I'm glad they fixed that. What is she, Kylie Minogue or something? :|

What do you mean? I meant the TIC version has that intro and most likely that's the one included. The video version is a big longer but stays true to TIC mix except the bells intro.

This has already probably been posted, but I was making my own list just for the sake of it based on the Amazon.com times. if this is correct, WOW, this is an amazing collection!!!

1. Hung Up 5:36 Album Version

2. Music 3:45 Album/GHV2 Version

3. Vogue 5:16 Immaculate Collection Version w/ slight edit?

4. 4 Minutes [feat. Justin Timberlake And Timbaland] 3:09 Radio Edit (w/o intro - right into horns)

5. Holiday 6:08 Album Version

6. Everybody 4:11 7" Edit revised?

7. Like A Virgin 3:08 Immaculate Collection edit?

8. Into The Groove 4:45 Original Single Version (!!!!!!!)

9. Like A Prayer 5:42 Album Version (!!!)

10. Ray Of Light 4:33 Radio Edit/GHV2

11. Sorry 3:58 Single Edit

12. Express Yourself 3:59 Immaculate Collection Remix

13. Open Your Heart 3:49 Immaculate Collection Edit (?)

14. Borderline 3:58 Radio Edit/Japanese CD single version

15. Secret 4:28 Radio edit

16. Erotica 4:30 Radio Edit/GHV2 Edit (few seconds shorter)

17. Justify My Love 4:54 Q-Sound Edit? New Edit? (few seconds shorter)

18. Revolver [feat. Lil Wayne] 3:40

19. Dress You Up 4:02 Album Version

20. Material Girl 4:00 Album version

21. La Isla Bonita 4:02 Album Version

22. Papa Don't Preach 4:29 Album Version

23. Lucky Star 3:39 Immaculate Collection Version

24. Burning Up 3:42 Album Version

25. Crazy For You 3:44 Immaculate Collection Version

26. Who's That Girl 3:58 Album Version

27. Frozen 6:18 Slightly longer than album version

28. Miles Away 3:43 Radio Edit

29. Take A Bow 5:20 Album version (2 seconds shorter)

30. Live To Tell 5:51 Could be True Blue (5:53) or STR Versions (5:52) with different fade

31. Beautiful Stranger 4:20 Album Version (a few secs shorter)

32. Hollywood 4:22 Album version w/ couple second extra fade

33. Die Another Day 4:36 Album Version (Yes!) with couple secs difference

34. Don't Tell Me 4:09 Radio Edit

35. Cherish 3:50 Immaculate Collection Version, minus a couple secs

36. Celebration 3:35 Oakenfold Single Version

37. Celebration [benny Benassi Remix Edit]

Correct me if you think I've got some wrong.

13. Open Your Heart 3:49 Immaculate Collection Edit (?)

14. Borderline 3:58 Radio Edit/Japanese CD single version

I think these 2 are both the TIC mixes without any change.

- Borderline is The Immaculate Collection version.

- The minimal differences in length are due to the new "spacing" between tracks.

The snippets were pulled before I could analyse "Express Yourself", but I swear that it sounded to be the 7" Remix/Edit (despite the shorter display time that matches that of the 1990 Q-Sound Mix). Is it possible that the running times are incorrect or that they made a new edit of this mix instead of lifting it straight from TIC? If anyone saved the sample of EY, please upload immediately for analysis purposes! :lol:

Also, confused by the longer length of "Everybody". Neglecting to get the edit correct on the intro leaves you with a running time around 4:10, so I wonder if they've botched in re-editing the 12" down to what they thought was the single length. Of course, anything said before the release is actually in our hands is pure speculation.

To de-complicate your list:

Hung Up ([unblended] LP Version)

Music (LP Version)

Vogue (Q-Sound Mix)

4 Minutes (Radio Edit)

Holiday (LP Version)

Everybody (Edit)

Like A Virgin (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)

Into The Groove (Single Version)

Like A Prayer (LP Version)

Ray Of Light (Radio Edit)

Sorry (Single Edit aka [uK] Radio Version)

Express Yourself (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)? Sounds like LP, but length matches TIC

Open Your Heart (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)

Borderline (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)

Secret (Edit)

Erotica (Radio Edit)

Justify My Love (LP Version)

Revolver (LP Version)

Dress You Up (LP Version)

Material Girl (LP Version)

La Isla Bonita (LP Version)

Papa Don't Preach (LP Version)

Lucky Star (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)

Burning Up (LP Version)

Crazy For You (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)

Who's That Girl (LP Version)

Frozen (LP Version)

Miles Away (Radio Edit)

Take A Bow (LP Version)

Live To Tell (LP Version)

Beautiful Stranger (LP Version)

Hollywood (LP Version [faded intro])

Die Another Day (LP Version)

Don't Tell Me (Radio Edit)

Cherish (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)? Sounds like LP, but length matches TIC

Celebration (LP Version)

Mattress, I think this was discussed a while ago, but unfortunately I can't recall the proper info: what's the deal with the edits used on GHV2? Are they "remastered" or just copypasted from a single/promo? Or was it about just turning the volume up which people believe is the same as remastering? I'm confused about this. Do you think "Erotica", "Secret" & "Ray Of Light" edits should/would get a proper remastering or they are simply lifted from GHV2 unchanged?

And, for those who want a chronological look:

EVERYBODY (Edit)

BURNING UP (LP Version)

HOLIDAY (LP Version)

BORDERLINE (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)

LUCKY STAR (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)

from Madonna

LIKE A VIRGIN (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)

MATERIAL GIRL (LP Version)

CRAZY FOR YOU (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)*

INTO THE GROOVE (Single Version)**

DRESS YOU UP (LP Version)

from Like A Virgin, except:

* from Vision Quest: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

** from the film Desperately Seeking Susan

LIVE TO TELL (LP Version)

PAPA DON'T PREACH (LP Version)

OPEN YOUR HEART (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)

LA ISLA BONITA (LP Version)

from True Blue

WHO'S THAT GIRL (LP Version)

from Who's That Girl: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

LIKE A PRAYER (LP Version)

EXPRESS YOURSELF (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)? Sounds like Remix/Edit, but length matches TIC.

CHERISH (1990) (Q-Sound Mix)? Sounds like LP, but length matches TIC.

from Like A Prayer

VOGUE (Q-Sound Mix)

from I'm Breathless: Music From And Inspired By The Film Dick Tracy

JUSTIFY MY LOVE (LP Version)

from The Immaculate Collection

EROTICA (Radio Edit)

from Erotica

SECRET (Edit)

TAKE A BOW (LP Version)

from Bedtime Stories

FROZEN (LP Version)

RAY OF LIGHT (Radio Edit)

from Ray Of Light

BEAUTIFUL STRANGER (LP Version)

from Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

MUSIC (LP Version)

DON'T TELL ME (Radio Edit)

from Music

DIE ANOTHER DAY (LP Version)

HOLLYWOOD (LP Version [faded intro])

from American Life

HUNG UP ([unblended] LP Version)

SORRY (Single Edit aka [uK] Radio Version)

from Confessions On A Dance Floor

4 MINUTES (Radio Edit)

MILES AWAY (Radio Edit)

from Hard Candy

CELEBRATION (LP Version)

REVOLVER (LP Version)

from Celebration

Where the fuck is "Nothing really matters" Gambler, and "Love Don't Live Here Anymore"?? :(

OMG and where is "BAD GIRL"?????? :(:(:(

OH FATHER???

Why is she doing this to herself???

She can be such a fucking idiot.

I'm so pissed off.

The EY 7" "remix" is the one used in the version on TIC home video, no? That's just a pumped-up version of the original album version (and the one I wold have liked to see on the album). The version used in the lengthier video (the one reportedly not on the Celebration DVD) is an edit of one of Shep's mixes.

I doubt any other act has this much of a headache from dissecting which versions are on compilations. :)

The EY 7" "remix" is the one used in the version on TIC home video, no? That's just a pumped-up version of the original album version (and the one I wold have liked to see on the album). The version used in the lengthier video (the one reportedly not on the Celebration DVD) is an edit of one of Shep's mixes.

which is also the best version :americanlife:

so does that mean "into the groove" is the original version from the single or the one added to like a virgin everywhere BUT the US? and "beautiful stranger" is the non-GHV2 radio edit, but the original soundtrack version? i'm pretty much most wanting those two songs and forsaking most the rest (maybe who's that girl) as things i have on albums already, aside of celebration/revolver/it's so cool

:evil:

That dated generic fag bar in 1989 disco mix is inferior to the timeless album and single version. :fag:

Especially the retarded Kylie-esque "baby-b-b-b-b b-b-b-b baby" one :scared:

Even HolidayGuy hates it

Though yours is the better known one, yes.

At least the sacred LAP was restored to its former glory. :dramatic:

That dated generic fag bar in 1989 disco mix is inferior to the timeless album and single version. :fag:

Especially the retarded Kylie-esque "baby-b-b-b-b baby" one

Even HolidayGuy hates it

:rotfl: Poor HG, will always get dirt for his TIC fandom.

:chuckle:

Oh not at all. I get why he loves the colussus that is TIC. It has its own facebook page. It's sorta sad that it's disappearing. Wonder if it could make a comeback a la ABBA Gold after the more comprehensive Definitive Collection briefly outsold it. Seems to be THE iconic Madonna album.

Especially the retarded Kylie-esque "baby-b-b-b-b b-b-b-b baby" one :scared:

Even HolidayGuy hates it

But the video was obviously shot 2 the fag version..& it's the only way it works. :fag:

Think we can all agree 2 loathe all TIC versions 4 all songs.

Don't put words in my mouth. :) I don't mind TIC version of EY, but I think the best one is the 7" mix (one used in the shorter video). However, that one posted above is WAY sped-up- that's not how it sounds in the video. I do recall the 45 vinyl sounding sped-up, though (most vinyl 45s did, though).

I'm sure TIC will continue to be a top listen for me- the single-disc Celebration, while containing a number of TIC tracks, doesn't quite pack the same wallop. And as great and as representive as the double CD looks to be, I still may opt for TIC to get that chronological enjoyment.