"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

And, I also would have loved the 7-inch EY (the non-dance mix used in the video) and some other non-tweaked versions on the album, but I'm not going to act like a spoiled child and refuse to support it because they didn't use them. :) I'm looking forward to both the album and DVD.

Well said, HG!!!!! :thumbsup:

neutrorocks, seriously, I have a lot of respect for you and I feel sorry for you when people gang up on you all the time, but Madonnatribe is renowned for posting only the most accurate of information on their news page. They have very reliable contacts within Madonna's camp and go to great lengths to ensure that people do not share leaks or even request leaked material on their forums so that they stay on good terms with their contacts. They refuse to allow ICON material that's limited to members only on their site because they support the right to subscribers to have sole access to this material. They hear the news well in advance of the rest of us, but they sit on it until they're given the green light to post it. If the info that they've posted about the track list and the versions used isn't correct, then it will be the first time that they've made a mistake like this and their credibility will be seriously damaged. They've worked hard to build an excellent reputation and they're not going to jeopardise it or their contacts by posting info that they're not completely sure about.

Of course, you have the right to await official confirmation from Madonna.com, but you're not going to appease your detractors by continually commenting on the lack of official sources cited by Madonnatribe. They're *always* first to reveal new track lists, set lists etc. and there's no reason to believe why this isn't the case this time around. I hope everyone will stop pouncing on you over this, but I also hope that you'll see the logic behind keeping quiet over it until you're satisfied about its authenticity.....

What I've learned is that people don't read what others post. They just interpret it the way they like and run with it, over-exaggerate and gang up on people to the point that they start threads attacking them in "The Lounge". Yes, I questioned if it's 'official', but not once did I say Madonnatribe ISN'T known for posting inaccurate info. I simply asked where is the official confirmation? That is all! This isn't a contest between fansites. Madonnatribe may be known for accurate info over the years. Hell, I don't doubt they are wrong about this either, but it isn't "official" unless there is some official source tied to it or a confirmation to back it up.

But when Madonna announced that it was going to be on her next album, it had yet to reach the Top 10, so it couldn't really be a marketing ploy, could it?

I don't recall any announcement. If I recall, the single was released late October of 2002. It became a top ten in many markets before the close of the year. AMERICAN LIFE did not get released until 6 months later. Madonna may have mentioned closer to the album release the song would be on her latest album, but I don't think any mention of it when it was a top ten nearly 5 months prior.

Guest Danny86

Seems we're getting that bonus track after all, on Fanzine rebecca_carlson posted this:

"I posted it a few weeks ago but looks like it was deleted. My sources tell me there will be a bonus track for the digital release called "It's So Cool".

I have not yet heard the track but it's rumored to be from the American Life period."

Anna replied:

"and where are the news in this thread? apart from a wrong title"

Supposedly the song is titled "Cool" now.

Love those corny extra tracks that get released to us. It seems as though the ones that leak are better than the bonus tracks that get released.

I have little doubt that when reviewers critique Celebration, it will fare pretty decently, just as TIC did. :) (Though a few of the 1992-2009 tracks could weight it down ever so slightly).

I don't think it will quite get the 5 star reviews TIC did. I bet they'll criticise Die Another Die in the reviews. :chuckle:

Love those corny extra tracks that get released to us. It seems as though the ones that leak are better than the bonus tracks that get released.

:lol:

Here it is - why the conflicting info? I'll take it ANNA is right

Nothing sure about the unreleased song ‘Broken’, but it should be available as a bonus song on the digital release and another song ‘Cool’ should be used as a B-side for Revolver.

absolumentmadonna.fr

Guest JOE1979

Thank you. I actually appreciate that you quoted me and wanted to discuss this in the manner you have. It's a breath of fresh air to know to see that some fans are willing to discuss things without getting unruly.

I think all any of us can do is just sit back and try to enjoy it. No amount of complaining is really going to change anything. It sounds like if this is indeed the set list, it's probably already pressed and all. ;)

And yes, if you're familiar with torrents, you'll be amazed at what you can acquire. That's how I got her complete single discography... well, up to "JUMP". I believe this torrent has been passed around before HARD CANDY was released. It also includes all the b-sides.

Why thank you! All of this info is very helpful! I know that my partner is familiar with torrents, so I will ask him to help me out.

Guest JOE1979

I hope you're not misunderstanding the criticism coming from me as being aimless drama for drama's sake. :) I truly feel that representing one of Madonna's most revered hits with an already anthologized, twenty year old club remix utilizing an obsolete technology and severely altered arrangement is a mistake.

For someone of Madonna's status, there has to be some element of preservation established as far as her recording legacy is concerned. That we're only just now, 25 years later, getting the original version of "Into The Groove" on a full-length release speaks volumes about the state of things at her label.

And, if you and the "casual listeners" (whom you seem to know rather well) are so indifferent to what mix they're hearing, why does it matter if the fans who do care and who do want the accurate hit versions chronicled and preserved on an official, commercial compilation are vocal about that desire?

No one will ever want for a copy of The Immaculate Collection. It's a different story for those wanting the hits, many of whom I know and who also would be termed "casuals". There are huge online communities and databases devoted to such a thing. It isn't restricted to "Madonna loons" or whatever else name the indifferent would like to hurl.

The stack of rare, expensive promos and imports one has to acquire --including a limited edition, out of print FORTY DISC boxed set of 3" singles from Japan-- plus the work that goes into compiling them in a way that is listenable could all be easily rectified by a simple decision at her label to grab the correct masters that made these songs hits in the first place.

The casual listeners wouldn't know the difference. The fans would have more incentive to purchase the new collection of previously released songs. The CRITICALLY-ACCLAIMED-SOCIALLY-RELEVANT-LIFE-AFFIRMING-LITTLE-BABY-JESUS Immaculate Collection would not disintegrate.

Anyway, at this point it really is just the poor representation of "Like A Prayer" on the new collection that's pissing me off. Nothing can be done about it now as I'd assume the CDs have been pressed.

Moving on... wonder what they fucked up on the DVD? :D

You just summed up exactly how I feel, but I would never have been able to put it so eloquently and as well thought out as you did! I was very disappointed by versions of some of the songs being used, but I've learned to deal with it since there really is nothing we can do about it at this point. Can you please tell me more about the boxed set from Japan? That sounds like something I may have to buy on Ebay at any price...lol. Thanks!

Edited by JOE1979

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I know! the ending is the best ever. I love the La La la la as it fades out

Oh i love that too, i love that "elle cero taco bell" line she says as well.

Why thank you! All of this info is very helpful! I know that my partner is familiar with torrents, so I will ask him to help me out.

No problem. In fact, if you like I can give a link to the exact torrent if you need be. It's like nearly 4 GBs. So it may take sometime to download depending on the speed of your computer as well as who is seeding/leeching. Madonna- Complete CD Single Discography is the title of the torrent. It includes every single SINGLE released in every format as well as every version made available as a single... including the MAXI singles... up to JUMP.

That torrent is missing the rarer single mixes and seems to be based on everything that's been released on CD single. Useful for those who don't have everything, though.

Yes... every CD/Maxi single commercially released is in that torrent... 943 files (which includes jpgs of the covers, inserts, and back covers.) I've seen torrents of her promos as well, but I am not sure if they are around anymore.

I posted that I was gettin' a headache sifting through this thread.

I guess let those who cannot get over TIC tweakings (in two of the cases, remixes) being used on the album continue to bitch and moan about it, and let those who understand their frustration, but who do not mind TIC versions (and enjoy them just fine) go about their business and anticipate both the CD and DVD.

Heck, I'd love it if none of TIC versions were used, and either original album edits or 7-inch mixes (in case of LAP and EY) were used- but I have no issue with what's being reported. Great tracklist, and I anticipate that the DVD will contain enough goodies to make the whole thing a peachy experience.

But, even with the DVD, you just know that someone will be shouting from the rooftops- "OMG- "I'LL REMEMBER," "THIS USED TO BE MY PLAYGROUND" and "CRAZY FOR YOU" AREN'T ON IT- THEY CAN KEEP THEIR CHEAP, LAZY-ASS DVD"!"

The tracks are not arranged in a listenable fashion, and the mixes are just random. Look at it chronologically...

Everybody (LP Edit) - presumably the 7" single edit making its CD debut

Burning Up (LP Version) - from Madonna

Holiday (LP Version) - from Madonna

Borderline (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

Lucky Star (LP Edit) - presumably the 7" single edit making its CD debut

Like A Virgin (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

Material Girl (LP Version) - from Like A Virgin

Crazy For You (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection, 1991 UK single release

Into The Groove (Single Version) - 1985 single release

Dress You Up (LP Edit) ?? No existing single edit, perhaps a typo?

Live To Tell (LP Version) - from True Blue, also from Something To Remember

Papa Don't Preach (LP Version) - from True Blue

Open Your Heart (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

La Isla Bonita (LP Version) - from True Blue

Who's That Girl (LP Version) - from the Who's That Girl soundtrack

Like A Prayer (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

Express Yourself (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

Cherish (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

Vogue (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

Justify My Love (LP Version) - from The Immaculate Collection, not mixed in Q Sound

Erotica (LP Edit) - 7" single edit, also from GHV2

Secret (LP Edit) - 7" single edit, also from GHV2

Take A Bow (LP Version) - from Bedtime Stories, also from Something To Remember

Frozen (LP Version) - from Ray Of Light

Ray Of Light (LP Version) - from Ray Of Light

Beautiful Stranger (LP Version) - from The Spy Who Shagged Me soundtrack

Music (LP Version) - from Music

Don't Tell Me (LP Edit) - promo and international single version

Die Another Day (LP Version) - from American Life

Hollywood (LP Version) - from American Life, hopefully the promo version that fades up at the beginning to mask the transition from "American Life"

Hung Up (LP Version) - hopefully the "unblended" album version from the promotional single

Sorry (LP Edit) - single version

4 Minutes (LP Edit) - 7" and promotional single version

Miles Away (LP Edit) - single version

Celebrate - new recording

Revolver - new recording

...no rhyme or reason for an album version here, an Immaculate Collection Q Sound remix there, then a proper single edit. It's like a novice threw together whichever versions they happened to have downloaded and burned them. This is not how you celebrate the back catalog of an icon nor how you present songs that "changed the world".

I was perhaps the most excited about this release. I have barely shut up about it since... 2006, lol. I was with them with the artwork, the selected songs and I was trying to turn a blind eye to the poor job done with sequencing. I don't care if Madonna herself did it, it's ridiculous.

The mixes are a deal breaker for me. And you thought the GHV2 backlash was bad? Just wait. I really can not believe how poorly this has been handled.

If this is really the tracklist, it really is a mixed bag. Some rare edits but other than that, nothing really. I presume the Q Sound production won't be included as the album would sound odd fluctuating between that sound and the standard production. I haven't got much a problem with the IC edits though but the single version of Like A Prayer with the Prince guitar solo would have been a better choice. I too never hear the IC mix on the radio even though many of the other IC mixes are played.

Love the signature by the way!

ITG surely can't be the YCD version, as that would be too long?

And, speaking of the Q sound- would WB bother having that altered? If so, would they sound notably different? I mean, they supposedly are being remastered and such.

I'm listening to TIC right now. Enjoying it as much as I always have. :)

And, I doubt it would label anything "IC version" - would take up too much space.

ITG surely can't be the YCD version, as that would be too long?

And, speaking of the Q sound- would WB bother having that altered? If so, would they sound notably different? I mean, they supposedly are being remastered and such.

I'm listening to TIC right now. Enjoying it as much as I always have. :)

And, I doubt it would label anything "IC version" - would take up too much space.

Good points like usual. I still think it's pre-mature to get all upset about the versions being reported so far. The track listing doesn't seem at all far fetched and even if it was wrong, I imagine it would just be a matter of a few tracks. But I can't imagine the labeling as you stated would be "Immaculate Collection Version". If anything, some insider knew it were those versions and wrote it down, or someone is yanking our chain. Doesn't mean they won't use those versions, but I am not sure they would list them as "Immaculate Collection Version". Like you said... it would take up too much space.