"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

Ok- this is what transpired during the November 202 Rick Dees interview:

He asked her if she was working on the new CD, to which she said yes. He referred to "Die Another Day" as "this first single." She asked if he liked it? Naturally, he said yes. He mentioned that it's already #3, headed toward #1 and she said, "Where?" He said every important music chart or something, and she joked, "Where, on the Rickder Scale?" :) She said 3 wasn't good enough, " I wanna be #1." hehe She said the CD would probably have 10 tracks on it (that there were a lot more than that, had to get rid of some). Rck then said, "this one, 'Die Another Day,' the first one out, will be on the CD, to which Madge said, "Yeah."

What we wonder now is this: is the EY video edit the Shep mix or the 7-inch? :)

The album is 6 weeks (less) away from release- isn't it about time WB officially releases the tracklisting, for both album and DVD set? Not that it's going to indicate which versions are on the album, mind you...

Why is DADay and its planned inclusuion on AL still being discussed? We've already commented on the November 2002 Rick Dees interview (which I also heard and have on my computer). She said it was going to be on her forthcoming album, enough said.

It's still being discussed because neutrorocks doesn't recall there ever being any announcement about DADay being included on AL back when it was first released....blame him ;)

Thanks for the proof, though, HG! I knew I wasn't insane :thumbsup:

Guest Danny86

Don't shoot me for asking this but if Mtribe got the versions of LAP and EY wrong to start with could that tracklist alter slightly when the official M site announces or a press release from warners is issued?

It's possible, but not very likely in my opinion. I'd say the versions used is a much smaller detail than the actual songs or even the tracklist order. I wouldn't be surprised if something like "Lucky Star" edit turns out to be TIC mix, but I can't really imagine songs being changed now.

Now there's a rumor about Warner being "pissed off" at the tracklist leak and them claiming it's still not finalized.

Why is DADay and its planned inclusuion on AL still being discussed? We've already commented on the November 2002 Rick Dees interview (which I also heard and have on my computer). She said it was going to be on her forthcoming album, enough said.

it's understandable, there will always be newbies here who are not aware... especially the youngins

Guest SuperPop

Madonna's only true worldwide flop in this decade is "Nothing Fails" / "Love Profusion".

not exactly :p

it went no1 in Spain (although everything that she releases goes no1 there), no3 in Greece & Canada and top5 in Italy... :D

oh and it charted way higher in the UK (no.11 peak) whereas 'Miles Away' only peaked the laughable position of 39...

I think the only true worldwide flop of this decade is 'Hey You' if it is considered as a single release... :fag:

Guest Pud Whacker

I'm very happy about the tracklist, and now with the lp version of LAP and the video edit of EY it's even better!!!

well, huey, what is it?

what is the new tracklist? where is all this info coming from?

UPDATE UPDATE!!!

It's possible, but not very likely in my opinion. I'd say the versions used is a much smaller detail than the actual songs or even the tracklist order. I wouldn't be surprised if something like "Lucky Star" edit turns out to be TIC mix, but I can't really imagine songs being changed now.

Now there's a rumor about Warner being "pissed off" at the tracklist leak and them claiming it's still not finalized.

I think that Warner will know the tracks by now. I mean CDs will have been made?

Like said, the 9/29 release date is less than 6 weeks away- I'd think it would be finalized by now. If not, sloppy planning. How long does it take to manufacture CDs, get them prepared to ship, whatnot?

Guest Pud Whacker

Madonnatribe. They've slightly altered versions of the tracklist originally posted.

THANKS MC, so whats the beef now with the fans?

arrow.pngCD 1:

01) Hung Up - LP Version

02) Music - LP Version

03) Vogue - Immaculate Collection Version

04) 4 Minutes - LP Edit

05) Holiday - LP Version

06) Like A Virgin - Immaculate Collection Version

07) Into The Groove - LP Version

08) Everybody - LP Edit

09) Like A Prayer - LP Version

10) Ray Of Light - LP Version

11) Sorry - LP Edit

12) Express Yourself -Video Edit

13) Open Your Heart - Immaculate Collection Version

14) Borderline - Immaculate Collection Version

15) Secret - LP Edit

16) Erotica - LP Edit

17) Justify My Love - LP Version

18) Revolver

arrow.pngCD 2:

01) Dress You Up - LP Edit

02) Material Girl - LP Version

03) La Isla Bonita - LP Version

04) Papa Don't Preach - LP Version

05) Lucky Star - LP Edit

06) Burning Up - LP Version

07) Crazy For You - Immaculate Collection Version

08) Who's That Girl - LP Version

09) Frozen - LP Version

10) Miles Away - LP Edit

11) Take A Bow - LP Version

12) Beautiful Stranger - LP Version

13) Hollywood - LP Version

14) Die Another Day - LP Version

15) Don't Tell Me - LP Edit

16) Live To Tell - LP Version

17) Cherish - Immaculate Collection Version

18) Celebration

Guest Danny86

not exactly :p

it went no1 in Spain (although everything that she releases goes no1 there), no3 in Greece & Canada and top5 in Italy... :D

oh and it charted way higher in the UK (no.11 peak) whereas 'Miles Away' only peaked the laughable position of 39...

I think the only true worldwide flop of this decade is 'Hey You' if it is considered as a single release... :fag:

Errr... OK then, I should have said "was the smallest hit". But it did very badly in places like France, Germany or Belgium.

And like it was said a million times, it's ridiculous to assume that "Miles Away" was her biggest flop ever in the UK, that peak reflects the change in the way the chart works now. And also fits with several other acts getting their immaculate chart runs ended this year with 2nd-3rd-4th singles. In other territories, it's a different effect, like Germany, where "Miles Away" peaked at #11 even though most of her non lead off singles failed to reach the top 20 there after LAP, except the likes of "TAB", "DCFMA" and "TPOG".

Anyway, my point was, Madonna's success around the world is big, even if it doesn't do well in US or UK, it can be called a hit. It does seem like some fans think a Madonna GH should be similar to a Mariah one and only include Billboard or UK chart hits. Unlike a Mariah or a Janet album, they want it to sell well everywhere you know.

It's still being discussed because neutrorocks doesn't recall there ever being any announcement about DADay being included on AL back when it was first released....blame him ;)

Thanks for the proof, though, HG! I knew I wasn't insane :thumbsup:

No need to blame me for anything. I was unaware she stated that at the time. I either never heard of the interview or had totally forgotten. It happens! We all can't remember every thing or be aware of every detail of her career even though we think we do. ;)

UPDATE... I've been just informed from a Warner Bros. source that the track listing that Madonnatribe has reported... is only 90% correct, and it is NOT finalized as a few changes are being made. The tracking list Tribe is reporting is what stands so far, yet isn't locked in place. I asked about the versions on the album being used, but have not gotten a reply back on that. I will post it as soon as I do.

UPDATE... I've been just informed from a Warner Bros. source that the track listing that Madonnatribe has reported... is only 90% correct, and it is NOT finalized as a few changes are being made. The tracking list Tribe is reporting is what stands so far, yet isn't locked in place. I asked about the versions on the album being used, but have not gotten a reply back on that. I will post it as soon as I do.

Be careful! Some on here would have you shot for questioning Mtribe ;)

Guest Danny86

^I already posted about that. It comes from londonfan30 who posts on both Licious and Fanzine.

I'm not convinced, Tribe would not have posted it to piss off Warner, that's not their style.

uhm... where'd you get this? if there are still changes being made up to this time, this will not be released on September 29... or even September 25 in some countries...

Be careful! Some on here would have you shot for questioning Mtribe ;)

Been there, done that. Read back a few pages. LOL!! ;)

I'm not convinced, Tribe would not have posted it to piss off Warner, that's not their style.

To clarify... I do not think Tribe posted the list to piss anyone off. I'm sure they have a source they consider very reliable. I think maybe some have misconceived the idea that Tribe posted to piss Warner off, when in actuality, I've heard Warner wasn't very happy the list leaked and stated that it's not finalized.

I guess we'll have to wait and see because I am certainly not the type to believe much until I actually see it for myself. Warner could very well just be downplaying the leak, to ward off the criticisms. Or it might just be possible, the list that leak was not actually finalized.

uhm... where'd you get this? if there are still changes being made up to this time, this will not be released on September 29... or even September 25 in some countries...

How do you figure? It's still more than a month a way. In fact, the track listing could be finalized today, but at the time of the leak, the list was what was being kicked around for sometime already.

I see lots of LP edits... these are definitely not the LP versions and the radio edits right? So many of these LP Edits will be quite new to us?

and when they say Justify My Love (LP version), is it the TIC version or the cd-single version?