"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

seriously go read a fucking harry potter book twat

i will smack you silly, this is me RIGHT now:

You are far more annoying than Neut is. And keep calling people names I beg you as it will make it that much easier to get rid of you :)

If what MadonnaTribe posted is the actual tracklist, it's a pretty darn good one. How is it lazy>

And cosmic and neut- if you two want to go at it tooth and manicured nail, don'tclog up this thread. Take it to The Lounge. Thanks.

If what MadonnaTribe posted is the actual tracklist, it's a pretty darn good one. How is it lazy>

And cosmic and neut- if you two want to go at it tooth and manicured nail, don'tclog up this thread. Take it to The Lounge. Thanks.

Like I'm the only one :lmao:

Uggh to all the name calling!!! I hate to say it....but, the immaturity has really raised it's ugly head in this thread now. Take a break already and come back later after you've had a cold one. :manson:

"like omg, no way!! Totally!!!"

just SHUT the fuck up you fucking piece of twat.

i am sick and tired of hearing your fucking stupid ass remarks

its bullshit, take a fucking chill pill

madonnatribe is the fucking cnn of madonna news, their status is soooooo high up there, that they would never make up fake news stories, that's low, thats lower than a security guard.

yes, they may not be a fucking official source, unless they post an interview they conducted theirselves, then it becomes official.

But if you look at MadonnaTribe's record, you will notice that they have been right 100% of the time.

That's why everyone here and around other fucking forums are taking this tracklist and information as the truth. get use to it bitch, cause shit like this is gonna be happening more often in the future, and if you dont like it, i suggest you leave all Madonna forums for good, roll up in a ball, and listen to your janet jackson records in your rhythm nation 1814 outfit. cause i bet that'll be more satisfying for you.

BYEEEEEEE-EEE!!!!

You are seriously over the line and I hope you get banned!!!!!! :thumbsdown:

"like omg, no way!! Totally!!!"

just SHUT the fuck up you fucking piece of twat.

i am sick and tired of hearing your fucking stupid ass remarks

its bullshit, take a fucking chill pill

madonnatribe is the fucking cnn of madonna news, their status is soooooo high up there, that they would never make up fake news stories, that's low, thats lower than a security guard.

yes, they may not be a fucking official source, unless they post an interview they conducted theirselves, then it becomes official.

But if you look at MadonnaTribe's record, you will notice that they have been right 100% of the time.

That's why everyone here and around other fucking forums are taking this tracklist and information as the truth. get use to it bitch, cause shit like this is gonna be happening more often in the future, and if you dont like it, i suggest you leave all Madonna forums for good, roll up in a ball, and listen to your janet jackson records in your rhythm nation 1814 outfit. cause i bet that'll be more satisfying for you.

BYEEEEEEE-EEE!!!!

HOLIDAY GUY.... Really, this has crossed the line. I have not once use vulgar language, did any name calling here. All my posts have been civil and respectful. I simply question the authenticity of the source. I've been civil about it. Instead I get told "shut the fuck up", Laughed at constantly, and other vulgarity thrown at me. This is just plain bullying on these people. I've done NOTHING wrong here. And I resent the fact that I am being the one outcasted for bringing up a genuine logical question. In fact, other members have question the track listing as well, but I don't see those people harassed. This is just ridiculous that I get attacked. I am not trying to fight with anyone. I am trying to have a civil conversation. All my responses have been in response of what someone said to me, so if it appears I am fighting, I am not. You have to look back to see who started name calling and such.

I will remain civil and calm about this because I refuse to stoop to such levels of name calling, etc. Again, I've done nothing wrong here, yet it seems some people can scream obscenities because I simply ask "where is the official confirmation" and told I am a broken record when they cannot even provide an official confirmation.

We all are here for the same reason... Madonna. I'm tired of people attacking others because they dare to ask genuine and intelligent questions.

I didn't see the updated MTribe stuff until after posting.

Hmmm... let's break it down for TIC-era hits:

LP Versions/Edits: 12

The Immaculate Collection Versions: 8

While the original "Prayer" is majestic and the one that receives the bulk of recurrent U.S. airplay (willing to bet; it's the one I hear, anyways), I don't mind it at all. I would have liked the7-inch mix of "Express," but it's not like Pettibone's mix isn't pretty good.

On the plus side of LP versions- "Live to Tell" in non-edited original form is a good choice; same for "Holiday"- with that one, I hear the original LP edit and TIC versions on radio.

Think of it this way- it could have been TIC versions for *every* one of the 15 classics. :)

"Into the Groove" is the biggie more than anything else- I want that orgasmic "Now I know you're mine" climax in tact.

Guest Danny86

I always knew they would use the TIC versions for many songs, they are the most popular versions and I never imagined Madonna going back to the originals.

ITG LP version must be a result of some fan suggestion to Guy Oseary. "Holiday" I'm surprised with though.

Disappointed that "Everybody", "Erotica" or "Hollywood" are not remixed, but was too much to expect I guess...

And great that "Hung Up", "Ray Of Light" & "Frozen" are NOT butchered! :thumbsup:

Guest JOE1979

Oh, so he has the official confirmation?? :blink::bow:

:lmao:

As for the complaints about the versions supposedly used: By definition a greatest hits is a reissue of older songs. What exactly do people expect to be on there?

I was hoping that we would wind up getting the single versions of the songs, not the horrendous, in my opnion, remixed versions found on The Immaculate Collection. I actually can barely stomach listening to most of the versions on The Immaculate Collection, so I am very disappointed that they are using some of those versions on this collection. Like A Prayer and Into The Groove are the worst offenders, in my opnion.

Yes I am soo glad the original ITG was used ..and we don't have to hear that hideous piano breakown

I wonder... is the original from the film being used or the single version updated for radio?

I don't mind which versions they use. I have all the versions anyway. This GH's to me is simply a collection item. I never expected that anything significantly would be done to them other than maybe remastering. Most GH's from artists usually pluck songs form their catalog without much change.

Anyway, I am looking forward more to the new songs and the DVD the most!! As mentioned, the album is simply a collectors item for me.

The tracks are not arranged in a listenable fashion, and the mixes are just random. Look at it chronologically...

Everybody (LP Edit) - presumably the 7" single edit making its CD debut

Burning Up (LP Version) - from Madonna

Holiday (LP Version) - from Madonna

Borderline (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

Lucky Star (LP Edit) - presumably the 7" single edit making its CD debut

Like A Virgin (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

Material Girl (LP Version) - from Like A Virgin

Crazy For You (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection, 1991 UK single release

Into The Groove (Single Version) - 1985 single release

Dress You Up (LP Edit) ?? No existing single edit, perhaps a typo?

Live To Tell (LP Version) - from True Blue, also from Something To Remember

Papa Don't Preach (LP Version) - from True Blue

Open Your Heart (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

La Isla Bonita (LP Version) - from True Blue

Who's That Girl (LP Version) - from the Who's That Girl soundtrack

Like A Prayer (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

Express Yourself (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

Cherish (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

Vogue (1990) (Q-Sound Mix) - from The Immaculate Collection

Justify My Love (LP Version) - from The Immaculate Collection, not mixed in Q Sound

Erotica (LP Edit) - 7" single edit, also from GHV2

Secret (LP Edit) - 7" single edit, also from GHV2

Take A Bow (LP Version) - from Bedtime Stories, also from Something To Remember

Frozen (LP Version) - from Ray Of Light

Ray Of Light (LP Version) - from Ray Of Light

Beautiful Stranger (LP Version) - from The Spy Who Shagged Me soundtrack

Music (LP Version) - from Music

Don't Tell Me (LP Edit) - promo and international single version

Die Another Day (LP Version) - from American Life

Hollywood (LP Version) - from American Life, hopefully the promo version that fades up at the beginning to mask the transition from "American Life"

Hung Up (LP Version) - hopefully the "unblended" album version from the promotional single

Sorry (LP Edit) - single version

4 Minutes (LP Edit) - 7" and promotional single version

Miles Away (LP Edit) - single version

Celebrate - new recording

Revolver - new recording

...no rhyme or reason for an album version here, an Immaculate Collection Q Sound remix there, then a proper single edit. It's like a novice threw together whichever versions they happened to have downloaded and burned them. This is not how you celebrate the back catalog of an icon nor how you present songs that "changed the world".

I was perhaps the most excited about this release. I have barely shut up about it since... 2006, lol. I was with them with the artwork, the selected songs and I was trying to turn a blind eye to the poor job done with sequencing. I don't care if Madonna herself did it, it's ridiculous.

The mixes are a deal breaker for me. And you thought the GHV2 backlash was bad? Just wait. I really can not believe how poorly this has been handled.

As I always reiterate, if the casual listener was listening to TIC version of "Borderline," Lucky Star," "Like a Virgin," "Material Girl," "Crazy For You," "Live to Tell," "Papa Dont Preach," "Open Your Heart," "La Isla Bonita," "Cherish" and "Vogue," they wouldn't know the difference between those versiosn and original album ones. Even "Holiday" and "Into the Groove," it may go over their heads. "Like a Prayer" and "Express Yourself" are the only ones that really have a "dramatic" difference in sound from their original versions/7" versions (yet the integrity is maintained).

So, as a fan of TIC and who always has appreciated its intent and impact, using 8 TIC versions is no problem for me- as I suspect it won't be for casual listeners, who would make up the bulk of potential "celebration" owners (which is limited to begin with, in this day and age of iTunes cherry-picking).

I don't see using TIC versions as anything horrid in celebrating her legacy- TIC was a very well-received album, critically and commercially. Sure, some mentioned the Q-sound effect and such, but it didn't detract from the enjoyment and summation of that era.

i didnt know there was a text limit on the amount of words you could use on twitter :lol:

my message ended up being very very very brief

Guest Danny86

I'm sure Guy will dismiss all complaints saying it was Warner's decision.

"Dress You Up", might have been re-edited, on Fanzine they are saying the original producers were all asked to do the remastering. Though would that mean the TIC mixes were all remastered by Shep?

I'm sure Guy will dismiss all complaints saying it was Warner's decision.

"Dress You Up", might have been re-edited, on Fanzine they are saying the original producers were all asked to do the remastering. Though would that mean the TIC mixes were all remastered by Shep?

Actually, now that you mention that. Maybe there is reason behind the usage of the TIC mixes. Maybe the original producers weren't able to remaster them (can't find the master tapes, etc....) So they asked for Shep's help since he previously remastered them, and used his remastered "remixes"

As I always reiterate, if the casual listener was listening to TIC version of "Borderline," Lucky Star," "Like a Virgin," "Material Girl," "Crazy For You," "Live to Tell," "Papa Dont Preach," "Open Your Heart," "La Isla Bonita," "Cherish" and "Vogue," they wouldn't know the difference between those versiosn and original album ones. Even "Holiday" and "Into the Groove," it may go over their heads. "Like a Prayer" and "Express Yourself" are the only ones that really have a "dramatic" difference in sound from their original versions/7" versions (yet the integrity is maintained).

So, as a fan of TIC and who always has appreciated its intent and impact, using 8 TIC versions is no problem for me- as I suspect it won't be for casual listeners, who would make up the bulk of potential "celebration" owners (which is limited to begin with, in this day and age of iTunes cherry-picking).

I don't see using TIC versions as anything horrid in celebrating her legacy- TIC was a very well-received album, critically and commercially. Sure, some mentioned the Q-sound effect and such, but it didn't detract from the enjoyment and summation of that era.

Well said!! I've always enjoyed TIC mixes as well. And being a die hard fan, I have all the other mixes if I want to listen to them. I'm just fascinated at the outrage over this though. I don't know many artists who re-work their songs (other than remastering) for a GH's set. And I would think the real differences will be noticed simply by die hard fans than any casual one buying this.

Another thing that I find fascinating is that if she re-worked these songs, what makes fans think they will like them anymore, especially those who didn't like what they did with TIC??

You're hardly biased. :) I love The Immaculate Collection, too, but as a standalone piece.

The "intent and impact" of TIC was voided once the songs were broken out of chronological sequencing and dispersed across two discs amongst a bevy of alternate LP versions and "Miles Away".

Please, please grasp this: They went to the effort to rectify "Into The Groove" and "Holiday" by switching the 1990 mixes out for the originals; they went on to replace a good 7 tracks, most of which were as you stated indistinguishable from their LP counterparts for the casual listener (i.e. "Papa Don't Preach," "La Isla Bonita," "Material Girl"...) and yet still somehow managed to use "Like A"-fucking-"Prayer".

I've said all of this before. In 1990 it was okay. She had just come off of "Vogue" and didn't really have anything else that sounded like it. A few dance mixes in the same style were great. She performed them on that years tour. So, yeah, the dance remix worked for a while, but as her career went on and The Immaculate Collection remained her sole greatest hits release and biggest seller, more and more noticed that the hit version was missing. More than any other song (yes, even "Into The Groove"), people complained about the version of "Like A Prayer".

Celebration was their chance to correct this, to give people the correct, amazing version of this classic song, one of very few that truly lives up to the "changed the world" tag. I don't even care if they use the album version over the 7" version at this point, just for chrissake not the 1990 Q Sound Mix.

I'm not surprised and I don't mind it really. If you're a PROPER FAN you would know that Madonna herself OBVIOUSLY prefers the Immaculate Collection versions of "Express Yourself" and "Like a Prayer" so I understand it.

I just hope that by 'version' they mean edit as in length rather than having the Q-Sound MONSTROSITY sitting alongside proper remastered stuff. But surely not even Warner are that clueless... or ARE THEY?

The only 'oddity' is having the LP version of "Hung Up". As much as I ADORE the instrumental breakdown, it really should be the radio edit on the GH - nice and TRIM to kick things off..

We're not wanting them reworked! Just not the bloody TIC versions. Height of laziness.

Oh, but how is it different than just adding the LP versions? How is that any less lazy then?

What an odd argument to make when you can easily assemble your favorite versions yourself these days?? To me, a GREATEST HITS is pretty much an obsolete format since the digital age and the fact we can burn our own CD's now.

I think HG made a good point... the majority of them are LP cuts or their edits. Also, the majority of TIC versions aren't drastically different from the originally apart to the ones he mentioned.

Guest Danny86

Actually, now that you mention that. Maybe there is reason behind the usage of the TIC mixes. Maybe the original producers weren't able to remaster them (can't find the master tapes, etc....) So they asked for Shep's help since he previously remastered them, and used his remastered "remixes"

That would make sense, considering Shep must have a lot of free time these days. :chuckle:

You're a cock blocker, Danny86.

You should have seen the signs way back then. :vanitybonet:

But fear not, "Die Another Day" is there for you in its FULL GLORY! :D