"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

Q Sound is not a post-production preset applied to a recording master. They were rebuilt from the ground up, specially mixed for the technology.

Therefore the songs will be exactly as they appeared on The Immaculate Collection.

:hotmess:

Oh, but how is it different than just adding the LP versions? How is that any less lazy then?

What an odd argument to make when you can easily assemble your favorite versions yourself these days?? To me, a GREATEST HITS is pretty much an obsolete format since the digital age and the fact we can burn our own CD's now.

I think HG made a good point... the majority of them are LP cuts or their edits. Also, the majority of TIC versions aren't drastically different from the originally apart to the ones he mentioned.

Because THEY'RE NOT AS GOOD and AREN'T THE DEFINITIVE VERSIONS THAT WERE PLAYED ON THE RADIO

They are no substitute for the originals - whether that be the single versions (many of which HAVEN'T been properly released on CD, so pretty much impossible to source) or otherwise

And YES, we KNOW you can burn your own version :rolleyes:

Q Sound is not a post-production preset applied to a recording master. They were rebuilt from the ground up, specially mixed for the technology.

Therefore the songs will be exactly as they appeared on The Immaculate Collection.

:hotmess:

OH NO

:lmao:

*dies*

:rotfl:

SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF NOW but it's so infuriating it's funny :lmao:

Because THEY'RE NOT AS GOOD and AREN'T THE DEFINITIVE VERSIONS THAT WERE PLAYED ON THE RADIO

They are no substitute for the originals - whether that be the single versions (many of which HAVEN'T been properly released on CD, so pretty much impossible to source) or otherwise

To be honest with you that's not the point anymore. Not at this stage in her career. At the time TIC was released, yes, it was an issue I suppose but now? Not really. An entire generation of Madonna fans have now grown up on the TIC versions just like we grew up on the radio versions. Add to that the casual fans who just don't give a shit and can't even tell the difference.

So in summary, apart from us hardcore fans, no one really cares. It's sad but true.

To be honest with you that's not the point anymore. Not at this stage in her career. At the time TIC was released, yes, it was an issue I suppose but now? Not really. An entire generation of Madonna fans have now grown up on the TIC versions just like we grew up on the radio versions. Add to that the casual fans who just don't give a shit and can't even tell the difference.

So in summary, apart from us hardcore fans, no one really cares. It's sad but true.

Well that's true. It used to annoy me how the TIC versions invariably were played on the radio, but they HAVE become the predominant versions. A shame. :dazed:

You should have seen the signs way back then. :vanitybonet:

But fear not, "Die Another Day" is there for you in its FULL GLORY! :D

:voodoo:

Can't say I'm exactly surprised, though. I knew that tracklisting was too good to be true. At least the original Into The Groove makes an appearance in remastered form.

I'm surprised Madge prefers that disco version of LAP, with her recent obsession with the guitar I thought she might reconnect with the original.

As for the producers working on the remasters, wasn't that what William Orbit was doing recently?

Whenever I hear LAP on the radio, it's always the original, never the TIC version.

I envy you. Here it's the opposite situation: whenever I hear LAP on the radio, it's always the TIC version, never the original one :americanlife:

Yes, LAP usually is the version that U.S. radio plays. And, yes, casual listeners do not give a rat's arse that there's some tweaking of original versions on TIC. Only super-hardcore fans are anal enough to know the difference and care THAT much. As said, critics have LOVED TIC, not letting somethign as trivial as some tweaks stand in the way of singing its praises.

Wonder if, as speculated, TIC versions will be remastered- maybe some of that echoing will be drowned out some? :)

And, I also would have loved the 7-inch EY (the non-dance mix used in the video) and some other non-tweaked versions on the album, but I'm not going to act like a spoiled child and refuse to support it because they didn't use them. :) I'm looking forward to both the album and DVD.

The only 'oddity' is having the LP version of "Hung Up". As much as I ADORE the instrumental breakdown, it really should be the radio edit on the GH - nice and TRIM to kick things off..

No, the radio edit of Hung Up should NEVER have seen the light of day. I was horrified when I first heard it.

The only 'oddity' is having the LP version of "Hung Up". As much as I ADORE the instrumental breakdown, it really should be the radio edit on the GH - nice and TRIM to kick things off..

If anything they could have used more edits. That overlong TIC version of "Vogue" really is a waste of space. And my word, is that REALLY the album version of "Holiday" in all its 6 minute glory? :shock: At least now "Holiday" gets the representation it did on tour. :lmao:

And YES, we KNOW you can burn your own version :rolleyes:

Well, Suedehead manage to beat me to it, but I agree with his follow up response to this. Most people grew up on those version on TIC. And if anyone should be outraged, it should be me since I was around when the original versions were released and grew up on them. Though, I never opposed the TIC when it was released. I welcomed them. I actually loved LAP version as it reminded me of the version that was performed on BAT.

In any event, we're getting to the point here that it's personal taste. And it seems that not everyone will be satisfied because as many people who may agree with you, also there are just as many if not more do not agree with you.

And you're right... there are "no substitutes for the originals", but you know what I can see a lot of fans getting pissed for just including the originals. In fact, I recall when all the set lists kept popping up in the past, people were hoping there would be something new to the songs, not just the originals. So I don't believe many people would be happy with just the LP or original mixes of these songs.

Well, Suedehead manage to beat me to it, but I agree with his follow up response to this. Most people grew up on those version on TIC. And if anyone should be outraged, it should be me since I was around when the original versions were released and grew up on them. Though, I never opposed the TIC when it was released. I welcomed them. I actually loved LAP version as it reminded me of the version that was performed on BAT.

In any event, we're getting to the point here that it's personal taste. And it seems that not everyone will be satisfied because as many people who may agree with you, also there are just as many if not more do not agree with you.

And you're right... there are "no substitutes for the originals", but you know what I can see a lot of fans getting pissed for just including the originals. In fact, I recall when all the set lists kept popping up in the past, people were hoping there would be something new to the songs, not just the originals. So I don't believe many people would be happy with just the LP or original mixes of these songs.

yes ma'am

The fans are being duped if this collection is gonna have TIC recycled versions of tracks. Typical 00's Warner's/Madonna on half-assed auto pilot. I'd much rather have some time and dedication put into this Greatest Hits package seeing as GHV2 was a total waste of space. TIC was fantastic on it's own apart from the butchered LAP and ITG. She has one of the best music catalogue's in pop. If it's not gonna be done properly she should save herself the embarrassment if this is the quality of her future output and retire. I'd rather she released nothing under her name instead of this cheap tack. Why should we pay money for old rope?

The fans are being duped if this collection is gonna have TIC recycled versions of tracks. Typical 00's Warner's/Madonna on half-assed auto pilot. I'd much rather have some time and dedication put into this Greatest Hits package seeing as GHV2 was a total waste of space. TIC was fantastic on it's own apart from the butchered LAP and ITG. She has one of the best music catalogue's in pop. If it's not gonna be done properly she should save herself the embarrassment if this is the quality of her future output and retire. I'd rather she released nothing under her name instead of this cheap tack. Why should we pay money for old rope?

You don't! But I suspect you will though. Die Hard fans will simply pick this up to add to their collection and for the two new songs. Casual fans probably won't even notice the differences in the songs and enjoy the fact they will get a lot of her great hits on one collection.

Whenever I hear LAP on the radio, it's always the original, never the TIC version.

Me too, same with Express Yourself.

But i hear the Immaculate mix of Into The Groove, and Holiday too.

What did you say?

It's lame, but: Please don't use the Immaculate Collection mixes for the Celebration compilation, especially Like a Prayer!!!!!!