New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

Guest ursaminorjim
For a song that's being this hyped...I really hope it isn't.

Yeah. Because you can tell so much about what it sounds like from hearing a line-and-a-half recorded through a paparzzo's video cam. Especially when it's heightened and clarified by the jabbering of sycophants and gawkers overtop.

let's just hope there are no songs peaking at radio and digital sales at the same time CELEBRATE is released... that's the only chance MADONNA can get to #1 with download sales alone...

I just hope pre-sales offering for a single scheme can be also made available for a track in iTunes...

I could barely hear it on my craptop speakers.

Like I said though, all the people desperate to hear it, will most likey end up hating on it in thread after thread....for the next year. :wacko:

i think anyone who is a madonnanation member is desperate to hear it....

i mean, isnt that the reason we are all here?

LONG LIVE LOONS ! :electropop:

Guest bulgar

here's anna's new summary with bits of new info:

"''If it makes you feel good, then I say do it!'' Madonna celebrates another decade of music!

That's just one line Madonna chants in her new funlovin' single "Celebrate", taken from her upcoming Greatest Hits compilation tentatively released in September.

But is she recycling herself? Or is this yet another reinvention?

With additional lyrics like "I don't know what you're waiting for" and "Step to the beat boy that's what it's for", she gives a new kick to her classic tracks and pays a brilliant reverence to them in a genuine way only she can. You will all be able to judge for yourself as the single is being shipped to radio stations as we speak, to be debuted towards the end of this month.

Furthermore, the excellent mutual works of Madonna and Paul Oakenfold has fruited a definite club number. An old school, revamped Madonna track, which also includes a sexy speaking part that takes us back to one of her very first hits, "Everybody". We even dare to say "Spotlight" comes to mind for its freshness and spontaneity. Expect a lot of “Yeah's”. Fans will certainly jump off their sits to this dance piece.

Now will we be getting a brand new music video? Let's sit back and see.

The second fresh track landing in the Greatest Hits is "Revolver", produced by Frank E, featuring a short and efficient rap by Lil Wayne, similar to what we've heard on his initial and original version for the song. Still it remains an absolute Madonna track. Her vocals are high pitched, almost juvenile. Music wise, not much was altered, same for lyrical content. This however is the only collaboration by Frank E and Madonna and the result rocks.

So what didn't make it?

"Broken", an original track written and produced by Madonna and Paul Oakenfold, that was earlier mistaken for "I'm sorry". Another light dance track in which she repeatedly asks us (or the media?) if we don't feel sorry for her.

Another discarded track off the hits album would be a song that was written back in 2001 by Madonna and Mirwais Ahmadzaï, we assume for her underrated "American Life" album, and reworked by DJ Oakenfold for the current CD. "Cool" would be its working title. An in-your-face upbeat track. This one might actually get a proper release in some form, so we wouldn't want to spill the beans just yet but it’s an overt teasing Madonna track.

We are up for an inspiring new era, time to get the celebration started!"

New Single Played at Warners

Our reader Londonfan30 informs us that Madonna's new single has been played to Warner people yesterday. And the reaction was amazing. Our friend says:

"An all out dance record, even more so than hung up... very Ibiza, very Oakenfold but still VERY Madonna. Think 'When Love Takes Over' meets 'Southern Sun' and 'Toca Me' and also similar to the Above & Beyond mix of What It Feels Like For A Girl. The bridge is spoken word rather than sung and very Madonna - has a funny line about 'not recognising you with your clothes on! Any lyrical reference to 'Celebration' doesn't come in til the second chorus (simple 'yeah' is in it's place in chorus one). Was also told it's not going to radio 'til August 3rd."

Basically, we're all gonna be dancing our asses off to this track all summer! People will love it!

Thanks to Londonfan30

All summer? It's not going to radio until bloody August so the summer is already halfway gone! Leak it you Cnuts!

If it's similar to the demo Revolver should be released asap! It has hit written all over it.

I'm intrested in hearing Cool and Broken. Celebrate sounds like it might be disappointing though if it's just a re-work of Holiday.

Guest Danny86

Madonna Tribe webmaster Paolo:

The lyrics to Celebrate are entirely a tongue-in-cheek reference to her oldies. You can literally spot hundreds of quotes and borrowed parts all over the song - and it works very, very well giving you a true vibe of celebration.

Get ready for another chart topper folks, the song will hit airwaves very soon.

Madonna Tribe webmaster Paolo:

The lyrics to Celebrate are entirely a tongue-in-cheek reference to her oldies. You can literally spot hundreds of quotes and borrowed parts all over the song - and it works very, very well giving you a true vibe of celebration.

Get ready for another chart topper folks, the song will hit airwaves very soon.

While I am sure I will enjoy the song, I really hope this trend of plagarizing herself doesn't carry over into the Live Nation albums.

Does anyone else think Jesus might be the inspiration for these new songs? They sound very sexual, moreso than her work of late. Also, the line "you look better with your shirt off" would seem to apply to him.

Guest bulgar

more from fanzine:

"Lyrically it seems to reference those older 80s hits.

The production though is pure oakie and it's a very ibiza/contemporary sounding dance track, not an 80s throwback.

The tune/hook however is quite reminiscent of classic madonna pop - holiday/everybody etc.

Like I said originally, for a real feel of it I think you should listen to the Above and Beyond mix of WIFLFAG to get 'the sound' of it. It's not as hard/fast as that but simlar synth ..."

Guest bulgar

im so not impressed by oakenfold's production but the tune is so catchy, so early 90s, so ace of base!!!!!