New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

I'm totally with you!

Let's wait for the full stuff but I fell the same about the dated sound of it :confused:

thing is - I dont even necessarily mind "dated" - it's just Oakenfleds sound to me lack any soul or depth ; and is something that only does it for drugged out circuit boys who are high on E walking around with Avion at 3am lol - that's what i think of when I hear his beats - sorry. Hes just not innovative or creative enough to be producing a MADONNA 1st single lol. Mirwais, for example wasnt 'msinstream -' but he was able to take his fresh sounds and incorporate them into a multi format pop smash like Music.

like a few others said -- dare I say , I dont like Oaklenfeld/ the production Sounds like a generic euro remix from 1995. Was totally was I was afraid of. I think the lyrics will be fine, but the production - from the 2nd oakenfled was announced - was what concerned me. He's as dated and useless as Mirwais in 2009. possible decent-big hit in Europe, Asutralia , but as usual lol - wont go anywhere in the U.S.

That's acceptable though..America would not dance to it..American's are kinda lazy for dancing..no offense..

like a few others said -- dare I say , I dont like Oaklenfeld/ the production Sounds like a generic euro remix from 1995. Was totally was I was afraid of. I think the lyrics will be fine, but the production - from the 2nd oakenfled was announced - was what concerned me. He's as dated and useless as Mirwais in 2009. possible decent-big hit in Europe, Asutralia , but as usual lol - wont go anywhere in the U.S.

Well, it's not like she gave a US friendly sound a shot. That obviously didn't work AT ALL, so now it's back to what she does best. Make party music! It's like a culmination of her entire career, classic hooks, dance music, uplifting party vibe! This'll be big, The US is lost anyway... So why bother to please that market any longer...

It sounds okay,but I noticed that the "yeahs" in the song sound just like the "yeahs" from 4 Minutes.I was hoping for a better,stronger vocal from Madonna.But this is only a clip,so I can't wait to hear the full song.

I wouldnt really expect too much more lol -not on Ms part, but Oakenfeld. I m sure the lyrics are classic, catchy Madonna, but seriously, how much more are people expecting from Oakenfled here lol.

Guest Danny86
Well, it's not like she gave a US friendly sound a shot. That obviously didn't work AT ALL, so now it's back to what she does best. Make party music! It's like a culmination of her entire career, classic hooks, dance music, uplifting party vibe! This'll be big, The US is lost anyway... So why bother to please that market any longer...

Don't forget about "Revolver" and the Lil Wayne contribution. She (or Warner, more like) wants a hit in both markets.

Don't forget about "Revolver" and the Lil Wayne contribution. She (or Warner, more like) wants a hit in both markets.

Yet this is the first and possibly only single... with a video!

^ agree 100%, but WHY oaklenfled lol. w/ everything in mind you just said, why not pick a lesser known, used and abused producer like maybe Calvin Harris etc...- somoene who red hot and fresh. She shoulda just used S Bray, Pat Leonard LOL.

^ agree 100%, but WHY oaklenfled lol. w/ everything in mind you just said, why not pick a lesser known, used and abused producer like maybe Calvin Harris etc...- somoene who red hot and fresh. She shoulda just used S Bray, Pat Leonard LOL.

Well, coulda woulda, shoulda. She used Oakenfold. God know's where this will go once she starts work on her next album.

If your intention is to make a party track, then why not use someone who knows exactly how to get a crowd going with beats, synths and party music!

I have a feeling it's gonna be worse than Obsessed! :scared:

Ofcourse..But the thing is..We are used to it.

youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfVndEp5oI

(thank you robster16!)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfVndEp5oI&hl=fr&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfVndEp5oI&hl=fr&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfVndEp5oI&hl=fr&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow, could you find a worse visual for the clip? She looks 80, n ot exactlyl fitting for a club stormer.

The Positives: It is VERY catchy, and it's dance, which is safe ground for Madonna. And it's only a bonus track on a GH, just intended to be a bit of fun, and I can see it being huge in clubs.

The Negatives:

In spite of Oakenfold being British, it doesn't sound European at all to me, it sounds very American gay dance, in a kind of Cyndi Lauper/Club play chart/NIKI HARRIS kind of way, very tacky and by numbers. I agree it doesn't seem to be a mainstream hit, although in the UK and Europe at any rate, it will be.

Horrid vocal again, sorry but it is.

Guest ursaminorjim

It's a bit of a great leap backwards, but it's harmless. Frankly, when there was all the hoopla about Ray of Light being Madonna's "electronica" album, this is what I was expecting it to sound like. :lol:

It's this collection's "Rescue me."

Of course, I'm hoping that these 20 seconds aren't necessarily representative of the whole song, but given that it's Oakenfold...it probably is.

Guest Pud Whacker

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE WAITING FOR

COME JOIN THE PARTY - YEAH

CAUSE ANYBODY JUST WONT DO

LETS GET THIS STARTED - YEAH

CAUSE EVERYBODY WANTS TO PARTY WITH YOU!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Pud Whacker
opinion???

i fucking love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS MADONNA - THE QUEEN OF LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE WAITING FOR

COME JOIN THE PARTY - YEAH

CAUSE ANYBODY JUST WONT DO

LETS GET THIS STARTED - YEAH

CAUSE EVERYBODY WANTS TO PARTY WITH YOU!!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

it has a very miami thing going on...

its going to sound funny but it reminds me of debbie harrys RUSH RUSH from scarface.

Madonna and her team are currently filming the video to her next single in Milan and they want for you to be part of it:

“We are looking for you die hard fans to be in Madonna’s next video, which will be a celebration of her music and fans. We need you to come dressed to impress, bring all Madonna memorabilia, t-shirts or Madonna outfits you have and be ready to perform, dance or just be yourself.

If you would like to join in, please check the following details:

- Confirm you are over 18 years old

- You must bring your photo ID to the filming location

- Must have your country of residence (residenza) and tax number (code fiscale) available

- You can be in Milan at around 9pm on Saturday 18th July. We will not reveal the location until just before this time.

If you agree, come and celebrate: Please e-mail lastminutefans@gmail.com with a recent picture attached (No picture, No invite), as well as your full name, mailing address and phone number .

PLEASE NOTE THAT MADONNA WILL NOT BE AT THE FILM SHOOT, WE ARE ONLY SHOOTING EXTRAS THIS DAY.

Please note that we will not be able to pick everybody that replies.”

Source: Madonna.com

Yeahhhhhhhh.