Why can't M sing like this anymore?

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Just flawless...

I'm sure this video was posted here a few years ago and discussed to death but somehow I missed it. It's all sorts of fabulousness despite its simplicity. THIS is the Madonna I fell in love with. :vanitybonet:

Just flawless...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm sure this video was posted here a few years ago and discussed to death but somehow I missed it. It's all sorts of fabulousness despite its simplicity. THIS is the Madonna I fell in love with. :vanitybonet:

because she was like 24 years old back then and her voice has changed a lot.

Guest HydroTrippin

If she were 25 yrs younger, had only 1 single out, and didn't do heavily choreographed performances, then maybe she would.

:confused:

Can someone explain to this person about the anatomy of a body and how it 'changes' as you get older.....i mean honestly.. LOL

its simple. EVITA voice lessons fucked it up.

her stuff now lacks soul.

When she 1st came on the scene and people heard her music and didnt see her

face they initialy thought she was African-American bcuz of her soulful voice.

NO ONE WOULD EVER MAKE THAT MISTAKE TODAY. :bruised:

I think it has more to do with age than anything else--she never had a STRONG voice and taking care of her voice was NOT her number one priority, all singing lessons aside, so as she's ageing her voice is getting thinner and has a lot less 'ummpf'. The lessons helped her with clarity, it did nothing to strengthen her voice, maybe it gave her a little more stamina for singing live, she could keep it from getting raspy by singing the right-way, but honestly that's about it.

I've not get the feeling that Madonna was that bothered about her singing quality. Only for Evita but other than that, I think she is happy enough to crow along to her hits.

its simple. EVITA voice lessons fucked it up.

her stuff now lacks soul.

When she 1st came on the scene and people heard her music and didnt see her

face they initialy thought she was African-American bcuz of her soulful voice.

NO ONE WOULD EVER MAKE THAT MISTAKE TODAY. :bruised:

Actually no, her voice changed with True Blue and she had voice lessons before that project too.And before Dick Tracy.

And thank god for the Evita lessons, she sounded sublime on SMT,Evita, ROL, Music and AL.

The problem is that she now sings like she did before the lessons :lol: (I mean for in Confessions and HC).

And don't get me the "Oh my god she sounded like gold on the Blond Ambition Tour" because she sounded like shit :vanitybonet:

Well, she was having throat troubles during the BAT, but, yeah, I wasn't fond of those throaty-type vocals she had going on. Not that the tour needed prestine (for her) vocals- we got that on other tours, though.

Well, she was having throat troubles during the BAT, but, yeah, I wasn't fond of those throaty-type vocals she had going on. Not that the tour needed prestine (for her) vocals- we got that on other tours, though.

She was having problems because she was singing with her throat and not the diagram.

Guest Pud Whacker

she had laryngitis throughout that BA. she was thrashing her throat and if she continued like that she wouldnt have any kind of voice left. the voice she exhibited in RIT during lament and deeper and deeper would not have been there.

i always think her tours represent two things - the promo of the last album and its tone. american life was a very 'vocal' album. all the vocals stood in front of all the arrangements.

Guest Johnkm

Despite only becoming a fan with COADF, I do really prefer her voice before the ROL stuff. It just sounded more interesting, obviously I'm not dillusional and going to suggest it was better, but I definitely preferred it. Her voice on Hard Candy though, is possibly my favourite of all though. But overall her pre-ROL voice cannot be beaten.

Her voice on BAT was heavenly, especially the Barcelon performance where it was all deep and throaty.

She doesn't have the control she used to have over her voice. You can even go back to the DWT days to see that she used to be pretty decent live. Now she sounds like death.

She often sounds awful, but "death" is a bit too strong ;-)

Guest Johnkm

At least she sings live, and its all about The Show rather than all being focused on a 'perfect' voice (see Beyonce).

Guest Pud Whacker
She doesn't have the control she used to have over her voice. You can even go back to the DWT days to see that she used to be pretty decent live. Now she sounds like death.

whatever, dude. she sounds fantastic - on this last tour alone. vogue, borderline, like a prayer, la isla, and miles away are perfect examples.

there are great and shitty examples of EACH tour.