Sticky & Sweet 2009 Itinerary

daizy1

yes, and I hope she goes back to arenas instead of stadiums

People are prepared to pay a bit more for arena shows since it means better views but her UK arena show prices for this tour are way off the mark.

£110 to sit in the upper tiers of the 02? I don't think so, its just ridiculous. She is alienating her casual fans and some of her die hard fans are getting older and have different priorities.

We don't all have a £300 million fortune and houses around the world. I hope they realise how much they have pissed people off, but somehow I doubt it. Notice how they sneaked out the

cancellations in a press release gushing about sellouts.

I´m a little it afraid that she´s going to have problems in zaragoza too...how can we know if a venue is selling ok?

According to a member at the MTRIBE forum, you can still get some front row/GC tickets in Zaragosa - 24 hours after the public sale started, and 72 hours after the pre-sale. I suspect the tickets there are not selling well.

Also, a member from Italy said that they are giving away tickets to Udine's show if you book 3 nights at selected hotels in the city = marketing gimmicks to move unsold tickets? :zombie:

IF THESE THINGS ARE TRUE, I suspect Zaragosa and Udine will be the next shows cancelled.

Another factor is this is a repeat or continuation of the same tour she just did. People who can afford to pay these high prices and are big Madonna fans, probably could afford to travel to see one of the prior dates in Europe on the first leg. Even the biggest Madonna fans don't feel compelled to see the same thing over and over.

It would be different if this was a brand new show, but it isn't. So the audience for this tour continuation is people who have less money and/or who are just casual fans.

She never did a tour continuation before. Maybe that was for a good reason from a business point of view.

She sold 47,000 tickets in Berlin in a Stadium that seats around 70,000 and thats without people standing - http://stadiums.football.co.uk/Germany/Oly...dion-Berlin.htm.

Same for Frankfurt 39,000 tickets sold for a stadium holdiing 53,000 including standing http://www.theworldcupingermany.com/artman...ticle_299.shtml

In comparison U2 have sold almost 70,000 tickets at the Berlin Olympiastadion. Robbie Williams sold out 2 nights at the same venue at full capacity.

Her ticket prices are too high, demand isn't there. Its sheer greed and its backfired on her.

Seating capacity in a stadium never reflects the capacity for a concert. Hence, that you can´t sell seats behind and to the very right and left of the stage, since you can´t see anything. The capacity on the floor is much lower than what you loose on the tribunes, since there is a stage to be erected and some regulations to guarantee the safety for visitors apply. Considering this I doubt that U2 or Robbie Williams sold 70.000 per show for Berlin. Anyway, to measure the success people should start to compare the revenues generated. That would make much more sense. Let´s see if U2 can generate as much money as she did.

Apparently only 15,000 tickets have been sold for Hamburg, capacity is 70,000.

Not only is Germany in a recession, organisors completely ignored that there are summer holidays not only in Hamburg but also in many other parts of Germany. Since Germans tend to travel to other countries during the holidays (reports have shown they even will this year, no matter how bad the recession is) means that maný are simply not in the area to watch the show. Sounds like an excuse, but it´s something that should have been taken into consideration when LN made the arrangements, especially when she already performed 3 shows last year.

Considering this I doubt that U2 or Robbie Williams sold 70.000 per show for Berlin. Anyway, to measure the success people should start to compare the revenues generated. That would make much more sense. Let´s see if U2 can generate as much money as she did.

I'm afraid he's right about that!

U2 Vertigo Tour

Berlin, Germany : July 7, 2005 : Olympiastadion : GROSS $4,725,530 : ATTENDANCE 70,443 : SHOWS 1 : SELLOUTS 1

Cardiff, Wales : June 29, 2005 : Millennium Stadium : GROSS $6,406,073 : ATTENDANCE 63,677 : SHOWS 1 : SELLOUTS 1

Guest Danny86
It's funny people trying to spin this into "disaster and failure". The one thing Madonna's touring career is not is disastrous and a failure.

She is the most successful at it. Period.

Nobody is debating that, but the way LN is handling things is ridiculous. Last year it was the problem with the hot tickets and the Wembley Stadium sound, now it got worse when they add three nights in a row dates and a month later they announce that she can't do a schedule like that, while people kept buying tickets anyway. :thumbsdown:

Nobody is debating that, but the way LN is handling things is ridiculous. Last year it was the problem with the hot tickets and the Wembley Stadium sound, now it got worse when they add three nights in a row dates and a month later they announce that she can't do a schedule like that, while people kept buying tickets anyway. :thumbsdown:

:clap: Thank you! LN announced 3 shows in a row, waited to see which ones had the better sales and then cancelled

the shows with poor sales. They knew full well what they were doing. To make it worse the aren't even refunding

handling fees. It's nothing short of disgraceful. Basically you are paying to get you own money back.

Now Madonna may or may not know about all this but I bet Guy Oseary does. What about people who have booked train tickets and flights? It's like they don't give a shit about fans and they way its all handled is appalling. Its laughable when Guy O says she "cares about fans" on a Q and A. Really?

lol Europe should have been given a rest this time around

And for the fans having to get refunds or feeling dissapointed, meh - you probabley saw the show last year and if you didn't you blew your chance

plus we can afford 2 travel around & still c several shows

& In the meantime Vadge can make enough money 2 give

Australia a large discount 4 her next tour :thumbsup:

Udine? Is that a very important city in Italy? Torino, Venice, Firenze, Milan and Rome are the most "well known".

Udine? Is that a very important city in Italy? Torino, Venice, Firenze, Milan and Rome are the most "well known".

Udine has a population of less than 100,000 people.

P.S. she needs to do a proper Canadian tour! If shes hitting these small cities, I don't see why she can't visit Calgary, Edmonton, etc. who have populations greater than a million people. :confused:

"You don't have the luxury of ticket sales!" "On an On goes the tour goes."

I really didn't see the point of this extension to be honest, Hard Candy is virtually forgotten in most peoples minds and i find it all a bit going back instead of madonnas usual drive to move forward

posted on Madonnalicious

hello!

i'm from Paris,and i can tell you LN didn't cancelled Manchester for "overwhelming demand"of Paris,because Paris isn't still sold out (15 000 on 17 000)..it's bullshit ! Manester is cancelled surely because of bad sales !! worse,the second date in france (Marseille) has only sold for the moment 18 200 tickets in a stadium of 50 000 !!!!! we're very afraid here...

It seems like at last there is a backlash over ticket prices. The greed and the piss poor treatment of fans has finally caught up with Live Nation and Madonna.

This quote from a fan on Madonnalicious sums up what a lot of people are feeling right now

she has become such a hypocrite, and instead of telling other people to "wake up", "she" needs to wake up herself, wake up to reality.

No it's not, Coldplay are also perorfming there this year..but it's the only show they are doing here, and last year they played an arena.

She already played a stadium last year and she's playing two more stadiums this year.It's too much.She's way too expensive, I have many friends that wanted to go but they can't afford it and they don't want to see her in a stadium anyway.

Milan is going to be sold out to me, but it's Milan and that stadium is like a football icon here so it makes sanse.On the other hand Udine..

They are also doing a promotion now.If you book 3 nights in some local hotels in Udine.; you can buy any kind of tickets for the show..and you pay half price for them!

posted on Madonnalicious

hello!

i'm from Paris,and i can tell you LN didn't cancelled Manchester for "overwhelming demand"of Paris,because Paris isn't still sold out (15 000 on 17 000)..it's bullshit ! Manester is cancelled surely because of bad sales !! worse,the second date in france (Marseille) has only sold for the moment 18 200 tickets in a stadium of 50 000 !!!!! we're very afraid here...

If that is true, it is terrible. The tour extension will still be a huge success even if it loses a few more dates, but Live Nation has done an awful job this time anticipating demand and planning the schedule. They should've just done 1 month of shows in Europe (focusing on Scandinavia and selected other cities) and then done Japan or Australia.

LN r freaks they r betting wildly on Madonna's 'event value' focussing on income per region.

Apparently Udine is a very rich region..& there's loadsa 'new money' from Slovenia 2 b spent.

Guest Danny86
If that is true, it is terrible. The tour extension will still be a huge success even if it loses a few more dates, but Live Nation has done an awful job this time anticipating demand and planning the schedule. They should've just done 1 month of shows in Europe (focusing on Scandinavia and selected other cities) and then done Japan or Australia.

The Marseille info is true, she performed in Southern France last year already and Nice was far from an instant sellout, not to mention that she performed to 130,000 people in Paris last year, so the 2008 tour had the biggest french audience since the Who's That Girl Tour, all the other tours had a lot less than that. There was no point in forcing more stadium shows in France, Germany, Spain & Italy after last year...

the fact of the matter is people can bitch,moan and speculate all they want (some within good reason) but as with 2008, in which people said would do badly (too soon after Confessions), u know that this tour will be a hit either way...and a lot of naysayers i guess will be eating there words.

the fact of the matter is people can bitch,moan and speculate all they want (some within good reason) but as with 2008, in which people said would do badly (too soon after Confessions), u know that this tour will be a hit either way...and a lot of naysayers i guess will be eating there words.

It may make millions and be the most successful lucrative tour of Madonna's career but the way it has been set up is totally shit. Europe should have been given a miss this time at least halved anyway.

According to a member at the MTRIBE forum, you can still get some front row/GC tickets in Zaragosa - 24 hours after the public sale started, and 72 hours after the pre-sale. I suspect the tickets there are not selling well.

IF THESE THINGS ARE TRUE, I suspect Zaragosa and Udine will be the next shows cancelled.

In zaragoza she, hopefully, will perform in front of 52.000...uf, this sounds really big...

In my opinion they should have chosen Lyon instead of Marseille in France since she already has done a stadium show in south France last summer...

Udine is very strange.. I mean, it's so small! She's got a HUGE fanbase in Italy. Confessions is diamond there, 10xP. It's a bad choice she's not visiting Turin, Bologna or Florence along with Milan.

And instead of focusing just on South England it would be nice to see her visiting Scotland. She would sell out immediately.

I'm afraid he's right about that!

U2 Vertigo Tour

Berlin, Germany : July 7, 2005 : Olympiastadion : GROSS $4,725,530 : ATTENDANCE 70,443 : SHOWS 1 : SELLOUTS 1

Cardiff, Wales : June 29, 2005 : Millennium Stadium : GROSS $6,406,073 : ATTENDANCE 63,677 : SHOWS 1 : SELLOUTS 1

Yes... true... but she still got more money... at least in Berlin... and almost the same for Cardiff....

Olympic Stadium Berlin - 47,368 / 47,368 (100%) $6,048,086

Millennium Stadium Cardiff - 33,460 / 33,460 (100%) $5,279,107

And I believe touring the big European countries is still the most profitable, if you compare with the total gross from most American or Eastern European states...

Guest hot revolver

im scared. what if fans no longer pay the high prices?? do u think she will downgrade her venues? i have always paid top dollar when it came to madonna concerts and will continue to do so

I dont get why she did some dates in places she went before...but i guess its all about the money, but that dont seem to be working

Oh well cant wait to see her in London

im scared. what if fans no longer pay the high prices?? do u think she will downgrade her venues? i have always paid top dollar when it came to madonna concerts and will continue to do so

I don't know if Madonna would consider this, but what I would like to see on the next tour, is maybe cut back on some of threatrics, special effects etc. and make it more about the music and her band. That way her expenses would be lower, so she could charge a lower ticket price but still make the same amount of profit.

I guess some fans demand the elaborate staging, but I genuinely love her music and think she could do a tour that's more focused around just the music and maybe some great dancing.

I think she went as far as she could will all the super elaborate effects and staging, that there's no further way to go with that.

The only thing left for her to do is to really focus more around the actual music which is why we all fell in love with her in the first place.

That would also really allow people to appreciate her talent as a songwriter and a singer more, an area in which she has been very underrated in my opinion.