Sticky & Sweet 2009 Itinerary

daizy1

Every tour she does people always start talking about how poorly tickets are selling. They did it last year here in the US for her big shows in LA, Miami, San Diego, etc. She blew it out of the ball park. These are all just "reports" which are nothing more than rumors created by people that have too much time on their hands. According to Live Nation she has moved over 1,000,000 tickets for this leg of the tour and over $100,000,000. I'd take that as a good indication of what is happening.

Guest boytoyville
That's true.

Look at the Budva concert last year. Promoters reportedly guaranteed Madonna $5 million for the show (according to reports from the newspapers there), and they put 65,000 tickets up for grabs when they first went on sale.

The result? The show sold 47,524 tickets and made $3.46 million which means the promoters probably lost money on the deal, but they still held the show.

By the way, the Budva concert only sold 10,000 tickets in its first week. And by two months later at showtime it had hit 47,524? So, I suppose anything can happen.

It's also interesting to note that her show at Budva was the highest attended and grossing concert ever held at Jaz Beach. She doubled what the Rolling Stones about a year prior. It certainly seems like 5 million would have been a lot for just a performance fee. I imagine that they were entitled to cuts of other things. I would also like to add that the success of a concert isn't soley on the boxscore. Yes it's a big part of it but attendence is equally important. It's not just the promoter the invests in the show. It's sponsers for product visability on the posters for the concert months prior and hotels and resorts. I mean the money to pay her doesn't come from one source. That is why it is really hard for them to bring the show to none Western markets. Madonna and the show are both expensive and a lot of people have to be on board for it to work. They need multiple people investing in it. So even if Madonna was paid 5 million for Budva and the gross was over 3 million it's not nessessarily at a loss. Given it being the highest attended event in Jaz Beach, Budva I would imagine that a lot of people made money on the retail, products that were encompassed in advertising, resorts/hotels. Concerts are very multi-dementional, there are a lot of things to consider. Especially when it's a big event like Madonna. It's not the same as selling tickets to coupld thousand people at a club/theatre gig.

So even if Madonna was paid 5 million for Budva and the gross was over 3 million it's not nessessarily at a loss. Given it being the highest attended event in Jaz Beach, Budva I would imagine that a lot of people made money on the retail, products that were encompassed in advertising, resorts/hotels. Concerts are very multi-dementional, there are a lot of things to consider.

That's very true. I believe Budva's show was actually sponsored by the government, so they may have seen returns in other areas (tourism, hotels, etc.), but I don't know how much they would've gotten from peripherals. Unless they just sponsored it to help the economy there in general, which is not a bad idea. I guess if it worked out good for them she'll show up there again in the future.

Same insanity about her not selling out before every tour and she ALWAYS sells out. It's usually the lame Brits who are the insane ones.

Yawn yawn your obsessed with brits.

^How ironic is that? on the 15th is celebrated Virgin Mary's (a.k.a. Madonna) death and assumption and on the 16th is Madonna's birthday...

I hope the concert will not be canceled...it's going to be one hell of a show :demonic:

Madonna's Message To Polish Fans! :)

It was so nice to hear her today on the radio sitting in the office at work...

And imagine her reaction to 75k fans singing Happy Birthday to her :thumbsup:

Guest FrozenLight
Wikipedia is saying she is playing Istanbul, Turkey on Sept 5th.

Yes, I saw that too. I wonder if the show will be announced soon or if it's a mistake on wikipedia

Guest denisebella

From MTribe

Half price tickets for Paris released!

More heavily discounted tickets are now being offered from Ticketnet.fr for the Sticky & Sweet Tour concert in Bercy.

From June 29 to July 7 only, Catégorie 1 tickets are offered at 97.00 € (instead of the original 192.50), and Catégorie 2 seats are available at 85.50 € (instead of 170.50 €).

That's 50% markdown from the original price.

:dramatic::dramatic:

Edited by denisebella

Guest FrozenLight

It's really surprising that the Paris date is struggling to sell-out. I know she toured there last year with almost 140K attendees but somehow is it weird to see that a 17K arena is having a hard time to be sell-out. I really don't see the point why Live Nation decided on the Paris and London dates. They should have added a 2nd Belgium dates as well as Dublin (or Scotland)

Guest FrozenLight

JAPAN DATES!!!Wikipedia is showing the following dates after Tel Aviv? By the way how does wikipedia get updated? Or can just anyone enter info there?

September 5, 2009 Istanbul Turkey Atatürk Olympic Stadium

September 9, 2009 Tokyo Japan Tokyo Dome

September 10, 2009 Tokyo

September 12, 2009 Osaka Osaka Dome

September 13, 2009 Osaka

September 16, 2009 Nagoya Nagoya Dome

September 17, 2009 Nagoya

September 20, 2009 Fukuoka Fukuoka Dome

September 21, 2009 Fukuoka

Guest jamesshot

Ok if she does indeed decide to do Japan and Turkey that means she is really feeling this extention. She would def be going for the all-time record.

^ It's FAKE. Tribe didn't mention any of these dates and Guy Oseary hasn't tweeted it either. Just few days ago Guy was responding to Turkish fans telling them it's not gonna happen. So this cant be true.

Guest jamesshot

Of course I wouldn't believe it until it was officially announced. And I doubt it will happen. Just making sure cuz I am usually so out of the loop on stuff like this.

I wish she had Japan on this tour. She's never gonna play "Miles Away" again and it had the most success in that country.

Guest jamesshot

Never say never. Who knows. Perhaps she sees this extension as a way to cement her name with "Most successful tour ever". She must see U2 doing gangbusters. Maybe she has a renewed competitiveness? Maybe the death of MJ made her want to up her legacy?

If she wants to make this tour the "most successful ever" and possibly pay tribute to MJ then touring Turkey and Japan would go along way to making that happen. If she indeed extended to Japan maybe she will try to go ahead and hit Australia/New Zealand while she is at it.

Guest boytoyville

^ that page also only list the tour going until Munich. That is why the official tour page on Madonna.com is the one to go by. Also Manchester is a predicted sellout. It doesn't matter if there are some tix here or there and obviously second hand ticket sales like ebay do not count.

I was going to say about Manchester

My mate went and said it was SUPERB and he is a critical loon

Guest Nedica85

Madonna's message to Serbian fans on youtube

:vanitybonet: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic:

"Hello Belgrade this is Madonna ........bla,bla,bla :)