Sticky & Sweet 2009 Itinerary

daizy1

Guest Danny86
Do you think Live Nation agreed to count the second leg as a separate tour (even though it´s actually the same show)? As a result there might be only 2 further tours in the next 8 years.

No it's stated everywhere, like ICON, that it's the same tour, so Madonna will most likely tour all her 3 studio albums with LN. I bet they will be extended too, gone are the days when a Madonna tour lasts for 4 months.

Estonia is SOLD OUT in 24 hours... :dramatic:

From Informador.com.mx:

(translated)

Madonna devastates in ticket office

The tickets for concert in Tallin are run out. Little more than 24 hours they have taken in being sold the 70,300 entrances for the concert that the singer will offer in August

MOSCOW, RUSSIA. - The 70,300 on sale put entrances the eve in Tallin, capital of Estonia, for the concert of Madonna were sold in little more than 24 hours, according to informed the organizers today.

The sale began to 10 in the morning of Thursday and concluded to 12 of today, Friday, said the producer Peeter Rebane, mentioned by agency Baltic News Service.

“The demand of entrances has marked a new record in the history of this country. The rate of ticket purchase broke the mark that established Metallica in 2006, when they were sold in three days”, said.

This will be the first action of diva of pop in a Baltic country.

The concert will within the framework be celebrated next the 4 of August of its world-wide tour “Sticky&Sweet Tour”, eighth of the “blond ambition”.

Ticket sales update posted on M Tribe forums

Less than a week after tickets went on sale, 40,000 tickets had been sold for the Milan date. 12,000 tickets out of 50,000 were sold for the concert in Belgrade in 2 days. In Poland, all of the seats (including VIP) and the GC are all sold out - the only section still available is GA. The Tallinn concert sold out on the same day tickets went on sale.

Madrid seems to be going strong as well. Servicaixa has some 3500 tickets still available, and Ticketmaster.es only has GA tickets available as far as I remember. Another site - I think it was Gamerco - has something like 3,000 - 5,000 tickets available. I think overall there are still some 10,000 tickets available, meaning something close to 40,000-45,000 tickets have been sold so far for Madrid. That's pure speculation on my part, though.

Estonia is SOLD OUT in 24 hours... :dramatic:

From Informador.com.mx:

(translated)

Madonna devastates in ticket office

The tickets for concert in Tallin are run out. Little more than 24 hours they have taken in being sold the 70,300 entrances for the concert that the singer will offer in August

MOSCOW, RUSSIA. - The 70,300 on sale put entrances the eve in Tallin, capital of Estonia, for the concert of Madonna were sold in little more than 24 hours, according to informed the organizers today.

The sale began to 10 in the morning of Thursday and concluded to 12 of today, Friday, said the producer Peeter Rebane, mentioned by agency Baltic News Service.

“The demand of entrances has marked a new record in the history of this country. The rate of ticket purchase broke the mark that established Metallica in 2006, when they were sold in three days”, said.

This will be the first action of diva of pop in a Baltic country.

The concert will within the framework be celebrated next the 4 of August of its world-wide tour “Sticky&Sweet Tour”, eighth of the “blond ambition”.

:dramatic::thumbsup:

Guest boytoyville

^ What a GORG venue. I would Love to be there! The venues for this tour have been so amazing,stadiums,arenas,beaches,islands,palaces,parks etc... I wish I could see more shows!

Guest boytoyville

This must be why it took so Long to announce the Russian date...they probably negotiated a long time. Nice to see Madonna willing take a little pay cut so she can perform for her Russian fans. I'm sure she will still make a shitload but still worth a mention. Regardless of what people say I truly believe Madonna cares a lot about her fans.

From MadonnaTribe:

Live n St.Petersburg: Madonna in Cut-Rate Concert

Madonna will be paid her "lowest-ever" fee for her Sticky & Sweet concert in St. Petersburg on August 2nd, the concert's promoter said Wednesday.

"It will be the lowest fee in the whole history of Madonna" PMI Corporation president Yevgeny Finkelshtein was quoted by Russian agency RIA Novosti as saying. "She will really receive a smaller sum, but she wanted to come to St. Petersburg herself." Finkelshtein did not give a figure for the fee.

Madonna will be performing on Paratroopers Day, a notoriously rowdy holiday when servicemen usually gather on Palace Square. "They may be moved to the Field of Mars", Finkelshtein said. Reports also said that access to the adjacent Alexander Park will be closed the day of the event and also parts of the famous Nevsky Prospect will be shut for security reasons.

50,000 tickets will go on sale March 16, costing from 2,000 rubles ($55).

From The Moscow Times.

This must be why it took so Long to announce the Russian date...they probably negotiated a long time. Nice to see Madonna willing take a little pay cut so she can perform for her Russian fans. I'm sure she will still make a shitload but still worth a mention. Regardless of what people say I truly believe Madonna cares a lot about her fans.

From MadonnaTribe:

Madonna will be paid her "lowest-ever" fee for her Sticky & Sweet concert in St. Petersburg on August 2nd, the concert's promoter said Wednesday.

"It will be the lowest fee in the whole history of Madonna" PMI Corporation president Yevgeny Finkelshtein was quoted by Russian agency RIA Novosti as saying. "She will really receive a smaller sum, but she wanted to come to St. Petersburg herself." Finkelshtein did not give a figure for the fee.

Madonna will be performing on Paratroopers Day, a notoriously rowdy holiday when servicemen usually gather on Palace Square. "They may be moved to the Field of Mars", Finkelshtein said. Reports also said that access to the adjacent Alexander Park will be closed the day of the event and also parts of the famous Nevsky Prospect will be shut for security reasons.

From The Moscow Times.

Either way, I am glad she's doing Russia again. Especially after the debacle that was Moscow.

Guest Danny86

Great for Russia, what an incredible venue! :thumbsup:

Zaragoza is supposedly about to be confirmed for July 25, so the last gap in the schedule will be filled too.

From MadonnaTribe:

From The Moscow Times.

Not sure if the guy really talked to the media about it. If he really did, he must be crazy. It´s a known fact that Madonna never discusses business affairs in public and she certainly expects her business partners to do the same. Especially when it comes to something sensitive like accepting pay cuts.

Anyway I tried to google the PMI or RMI and that guys name, but no results came up except the news here published on different sites. Interesting.

Guest boytoyville

More info regarding Zaragoza. It will probably be confirmed on Madonna.com on Monday. Here it is from Madonnatribe:

The third Sticky & Sweet Tour stop in Spain seems more and more close to an announcement as Ticketmaster.es features a new banner on their concert highlights mentioning tickets for Zaragoza on sale "very soon" and local newspaper Heraldo publishing a new article with more detailed info.

What is missing, again, is an official confirmation from Madonna.com.

The concert should take place on July 25 and the venue will be the Feria de Muestras - the Zaragoza Fair site from the 2008 Expo.

The first venue to be taken under consideration for the concert, La Romareda, was scrapped because of the size of the Madonna stage, which would have occupied one entire side of the stadium limiting its capacity to 40.000 people only.

The open air venue at the Zaragoza Fair will allow promoters to sell 52,500 tickets - with the price range announced by the press - and not yet officially confirmed - being the cheapest for Madonna in Spain this year:

Fronf of Stage: 89 €

Pista A: 61 €

Pista B: 43 €

Reserved seat: €

VIP Reserved Seat: 257 €

According to ADN, details of the Madonna contract will be announced today and tickets will be on sale in the next few days.

Thanks to our Community members Oscarafr, lucho1976 and Crackers.

Click here for the dedicated topic about Zaragoza on the MadonnaTribe Forum and for the latest updates.

ix prices: 52500 tix for sale

Not sure if the guy really talked to the media about it. If he really did, he must be crazy. It´s a known fact that Madonna never discusses business affairs in public and she certainly expects her business partners to do the same. Especially when it comes to something sensitive like accepting pay cuts.

Anyway I tried to google the PMI or RMI and that guys name, but no results came up except the news here published on different sites. Interesting.

AGREE... now Aussie promoters would now want her to have pay cuts for them as well... :chuckle:

Madonna's concert can't take place in Palace Square of St. Petersburg?

Chernov’s choice

Local promoter PMI’s announcement last week that Madonna would perform on Palace Square on Aug. 2 was immediately followed by a statement by the director of the State Hermitage Museum, Mikhail Piotrovsky, and St. Petersburg’s Culture Committee that no such concert is possible on the historic square because of its proximity to the priceless works of art that are kept in the museum.

Piotrovsky famously opposed a Paul McCartney concert held on the square in 2004, although in that case the ex-Beatle, who had previously visited then-Russian President Vladimir Putin in the Kremlin and even sung “Hey Jude” to him, was permitted to perform in the sensitive location.

Strangely, Piotrovsky had no objection to The Rolling Stones performing on the same spot in 2007.

“The Rolling Stones concert was not over 85 decibels, which is quite loud,” he told Britain’s The Independent last year.

“We have to concentrate the sound in a certain direction. We have our people measuring the sound during the concerts. If something goes over the limit then we can do something about it.”

Even more absurdly, the proposed date of Madonna’s concert coincides with Russian Paratroopers Day, which annually sees hordes of infamously drunk and aggressive veteran paratroopers marauding around the city center.

This is the official reason the city parliament has given against the show. It sent an official letter to Governor Valentina Matviyenko about it on Wednesday.

“[Pro-Kremlin party Just Russia] deputy Alexei Kovalyov put forward the worst-case scenario, describing a picture in which veteran paratroopers will ‘end up in a conflict with the singer’s fans,’” Interfax reported.

In a further development, City Hall presented concert promoter PMI with two demands, Fontanka.ru reported on Thursday.

Citing Vice Governor Alla Manilova, the web site reported that the promoter should guarantee the protection of Palace Square as St. Petersburg’s main square and of The Hermitage as St. Petersburg’s main museum.

The other condition is that the Queen of Pop’s show will only be permitted if it does not feature any “aggressive content,” Fontanka reported.

On a smaller scale, Kaiser Chiefs, the British band that was scheduled to perform at Glavclub on June 28, canceled this week — about a week after the concert was announced, pretty quietly, on the club’s blog. No explanation for the cancelation has been given.

A sort of replacement for some might be Kula Shaker, which is scheduled to perform at Zal Ozhidaniya on Apr. 4.

This week check for New York-based new music double bass player Robert Black (Maly Manezh, 103 Nab. Kanala Griboyedova) on Friday and the 1980s post-punk gothic rock band The Sisters of Mercy, (Glavclub, Wednesday).

— By Sergey Chernov

http://www.sptimesrussia.com/index.php?act...;story_id=28545

Guest bedtimestorynyc

^ i heard about that about a week ago, my mom told me she read that in the Russian news.... that pieces of art can't take over a certain amount of decibels: their lifetime would diminish by half... or some shit like that

Guest denisebella

More tickets to be released for Finland concert

Up to 5,000 extra tickets are about to be made available for Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour gig in Helsinki, according to reports from local newspaper Helsingin Sanomat.

"Just when you thought they were all gone (or alternatively just as you were about to sell yours for a profit), it appears that yet more tickets will be added for pop diva Madonn's August gig in Helsinki", the newspaper says.

"We are currently looking into the matter with the authorities, but I would imagine that around five thousand extra tickets will become available", estimates promoter Risto Juvonen from Live Nation.

"The concert area could hold a much larger crowd, but the entry and exit routes set the limits."

Madonna will perform in Helsinki's Jätkäsaari on August 6th. So far over 80,000 tickets have been made available for the concert, which sold out very quickly amid reports of chaos and snafus at street and online outlets. Live Nation Finland is also the promoter of another Sticky & Sweet Tour event in the Baltic country of Estonia, where Madonna will perform on August 4.

From MTRIBE:

Is Madonna adding a second show in Tallinn, Estonia? There has not been any official announcement but every online ticket reseller for the sold out concert on August 4th - TicketPro Estonia, Latvia and Lithunia - are listing another Sticky & Sweet concert the night before, August 3rd.

This would make another set of three concerts in a row, but there is no doubt that tickets for the Estonian stop of the 2009 tour sold so well that there is certainly space for a new date to be added.