4 Minutes/Hard Candy at USA iTunes

thebigham

when are the remixes going to be out????? maybe that will help!!!!

APRIL 21... after the week of E=MC2 and MARIAH's AI and OPRAH appearance, quite perfect actually...

It's so funny how people actually believe she will be #1...

I mean it's nice that you have so much believe... but Madonna would need ALOT of downloads to be #1 because her overall AI on radio isn't enough to make the single #1...

Now I would really want that to happen... but we have to be realistic...

also the song is gaining less and less on radio everyday now... so I dunno...

But a top.3 is good anyways... could have been nice to have seen it #1... which it could potentially be... but there has to be more radio support for that i'm afraid... but we can cross our fingers

TMB went back up to #3, must be very close with LOLLIPOP right now...

tmb still number 4 on my itunes.

we are all new with this popularity bar thingy zezwer... first time i've seen it last week so there is always room for error but we'll learn

The pop bars for the ringtones are very weird ( at least on my I-Tunes), the bar for #3 is longer than #2. It is even less logical if you look further below in the charts.

Guest Azelover

Isn't this popularity bar the rate o sales at the moment? The regular chart and the popularity chart seem to go hand-in-hand so I don't think this is cumulative sales for the week. It's just how it's doing at that moment, how it's sold for the whole week is anyone's guess. If this is true then Madonna and Mariah are actually closer than the popularity bar is showing..

My take is that the ranking and the pop bars showing how the song did in the last 7 days or since the beginning of this week. Maybe it is different with ringtones, because ranking and bars are not in sync. I believe the ringtone position shows the current populatity and the bar are cumulative. Not that the ringtone matters for the charts...

My take is that the ranking and the pop bars showing how the song did in the last 7 days or since the beginning of this week.

i think the same... so the popularity bar that we must look at is the one we will see close to SUNDAY midnight US...

It's so funny how people actually believe she will be #1...

I mean it's nice that you have so much believe... but Madonna would need ALOT of downloads to be #1 because her overall AI on radio isn't enough to make the single #1...

Now I would really want that to happen... but we have to be realistic...

also the song is gaining less and less on radio everyday now... so I dunno...

But a top.3 is good anyways... could have been nice to have seen it #1... which it could potentially be... but there has to be more radio support for that i'm afraid... but we can cross our fingers

broken%20record.jpg

Guest Azelover
My take is that the ranking and the pop bars showing how the song did in the last 7 days or since the beginning of this week. Maybe it is different with ringtones, because ranking and bars are not in sync. I believe the ringtone position shows the current popularity and the bar are cumulative. Not that the ringtone matters for the charts...

Really? I was under the impression that there is a regular chart, in which new songs sometimes shoot right up in a matter of days, therefore not cumulative, and then this popularity chart. What I'm seeing is the popularity chart and the regular one seem to go hand in hand.

Last week when Madonna was 2# and Mariah #1, Madonna was gaining on the popularity bars and getting close, however that is impossible if the popularity bar was cumulative, she needed to be number 1 in the regular chart to gain any traction on Mariah's total sales, do you understand my viewpoint? As long as Madonna was number 2 in the regular bar which is not cumulative, she could not have caught up with Mariah in a cumulative way because Mariah was still growing faster along the way. So that's why I'm saying the popularity bars seem to merely be another metric for the same regular bars for the last few hours, which is not cumulative, therefore neither is cumulative.

Edited by Azelover

Guest robingr

Djs are making sure to make Mo as irrelevant as possible. It seems impossible to be number 1 without airplay. If 4M was justin only it def would'nt have 35 million AI by now.

Guest chicagobull

its doing great on airplay, what are you talking about?? .Airplay keeps building , so she still has a chance of being number1.

Im pleased with number 3, everything else is iccing on the cake.

No one thought radio was going to be as supporting .

Really? I was under the impression that there is a regular chart, in which new songs sometimes shoot right up in a matter of days, therefore not cumulative, and then this popularity chart. What I'm seeing is the popularity chart and the regular one seem to go hand in hand.

Last week when Madonna was 2# and Mariah #1, Madonna was gaining on the popularity bars and getting close, however that is impossible if the popularity bar was cumulative, she needed to be number 1 in the regular chart to gain any traction on Mariah's total sales, do you understand my viewpoint? As long as Madonna was number 2 in the regular bar which is not cumulative, she could not have caught up with Mariah in a cumulative way because Mariah was still growing faster along the way. So that's why I'm saying the popularity bars seem to merely be another metric for the same regular bars for the last few hours, which is not cumulative, therefore neither is cumulative.

I believe the chart spots and pop bars are cumulative for the week. If that is the case Madonna can move closer to Mariah, because Madonna can sell 1,000 copies in an hour and Mariah 500. That means Madonna's bar is growing faster. And think about it, when a new song is released it is possible that that song ( if from a popular artist or a song with massive airplay) is downloaded more than a song that is available for a longer time, that's why Mariah and Madonna did shoot up the charts that fast. If the charts and bars where not cumulative they would change more from update to update.

Watch the "4 Minutes" video at AOL Music

Category: Video-clip.

AOL Music has a streaming of Madonna's music video "4 Minutes".

Visit this page here to watch it: -link-

Please also vote in the two poll questions posted on that page

Guest Azelover
I believe the chart spots and pop bars are cumulative for the week. If that is the case Madonna can move closer to Mariah, because Madonna can sell 1,000 copies in an hour and Mariah 500. That means Madonna's bar is growing faster. And think about it, when a new song is released it is possible that that song ( if from a popular artist or a song with massive airplay) is downloaded more than a song that is available for a longer time, that's why Mariah and Madonna did shoot up the charts that fast. If the charts and bars where not cumulative they would change more from update to update.

That's true, though it still could be a summary of the last few hours, but I see what you mean. It's certainly best for Madonna's situation that the popularity bars are cumulative. I guess until something official comes out explaining it we'll never know for sure, but from last week's results the bars seem relatively reliable for cumulative sales, so let's leave it at that.