4 Minutes/Hard Candy at USA iTunes

thebigham

The thing I don't understand with Billboard is their audience impressions.

It's difficult for an artist like Madonna who probably has a plateau of 40 million audience impressions to beat an artist like Mariah that has a plateau of like 150 million audience impressions.

2 me they should divide the audience impressions by like 5 cause loads of people listen to the same fucking show every fucking day. So Madonna would get 8 million audience impressions and that ho-bag would get 30 million audience impressions making it easier for songs that don't get much radio support to beat an artist that has.

Whatever is played on radio in whatever capacity should be monitored and counted in the Hot 100 (which is an aggregate chart). R&B/Hip Hop is now mainstream music and those acts are now mainstream acts. They have the advantage of being the mainstream. I think Madonna's plateau is more like 80 mil AI, the issue is that she is 50 and has been in the business for 25 years so of course she'll have a harder time cracking radio. But when she does it's cause for celebration because we know what an accomplishment that is.

Guest Bad Robot
The thing I don't understand with Billboard is their audience impressions.

It's difficult for an artist like Madonna who probably has a plateau of 40 million audience impressions to beat an artist like Mariah that has a plateau of like 150 million audience impressions.

2 me they should divide the audience impressions by like 5 cause loads of people listen to the same fucking show every fucking day. So Madonna would get 8 million audience impressions and that ho-bag would get 30 million audience impressions making it easier for songs that don't get much radio support to beat an artist that has.

They already divide them by 10,000.

Guest mattcho
What about popularity bar after video now?

update!

It won't affect the single - the videos are in another chart.

That said, today 4M widening its lead over TMB and BL!

:boxing:

It won't affect the single - the videos are in another chart.

That said, today 4M widening its lead over TMB and BL!

:boxing:

Could we have a clear answer?? Video sales does count on the billboard chart?????!?!

give us the bars please? ;)

Ask and you shall receive:

oh my, the video does have an effect (buzz), look at 4M go, USHER, FALL OUT and SPARKS are now less than half of 4M's bar

if this lead is maintained till sunday mn, I am ready to accept MADONNA's 13th #1 next week

iTunesUS03.jpg

Thanks dude!!!

nice healthy lead i'm still a little optimistic about going to number 1...I still think this song is too new and hasn't hit it's peak yet! :)

but just the same number #3 or #2 i will still be ecstatic!

How do you get to the screen on I-tunes to look at the popularity bar?

right click any of the column headings (name, time, artist, etc) then click popularity

Ask and you shall receive:

oh my, the video does have an effect (buzz), look at 4M go, USHER, FALL OUT and SPARKS are now less than half of 4M's bar

if this lead is maintained till sunday mn, I am ready to accept MADONNA's 13th #1 next week

iTunesUS03.jpg

I love your optimism!! :thumbsup:

They already divide them by 10,000.

It makes no difference.

Airplay - 30m - 30 pts

Download - 216K - 216 pts

Chart Point - 246 pts

Unless they divide them by 100,000.

Airplay - 30m - 3 pts

Download - 216K - 216 pts

Chart Point - 219 pts

In other words, 4M wouldn't need more download lead to compensate the loss in airplay.

Guest Tick / Tock
Could we have a clear answer?? Video sales does count on the billboard chart?????!?!

Video sales do NOT count for the Hot 100.

^That will be clarified soon- I didn't think so, either- but what sense wouldit make not to count them when video/DVD singles count? On the flip side, video airplay doesn't count, but video streaming does. Somethin' doesn't make sense there...

Why do the bars on my iTunes only go so far? The ones posted show 4M with a lot more than what I'm seein'.

*EDIT*- I figured it out- u gotta drag the column further to the righ, and that stretches out the pop. bars.

Why do the bars on my iTunes only go so far? The ones posted show 4M with a lot more than what I'm seein'.

Just move the popularity bar to the 3rd column and pull the border all the way till the end and you'll get a "longer" popularity bar. :crazy:

If you're using a widescreen monitor, your popularity bar will be even "longer".

:scared: Im scared to even entertain the thoughts cause I am afraid to be let down, but its looking good.

just to let y'all (always wanted to sound a little white trash on here) know......MADONNA is now #1 in the singles and #1 in the Video's i want her to be #1 on albums as well.

don't be let down if it doesn't skinny dearest

If it does make it to #1 this week I am sure its going to be by the skin of her teeth, right?

see the effects of the video?

before, 4M can't even budge Ray J at the ringtones department, now it was easily done...

MADONNA may be heading for her 13th #1 next week...

let's hope the lambs are bankrupt already, they might re-download TMB over and over again...

If it does make it to #1 this week I am sure its going to be by the skin of her teeth, right?

yeps... it all depends how fast MOOMOO falls for the rest of the week...

On AMAZON now, 4 Minutes in no1, Touch My body no14! What about other music stores? It's clear that she will beat USHEr. No1 or no2 next week...OMG!!!