25. Jordin Sparks, Tattoo - 219,837

26. Leona Lewis, Bleeding Love - 219,237

27. Madonna Feat. Justin Timberlake, 4 Minutes - 217,071

28. Madonna Feat. Justin Timberlake, 4 Minutes - 216,751

29. Justin Timberlake Feat. TI, Sexyback - 215,721

30. Alicia Keys, No One - 209,776

31. Kanye West, Stronger - 205,177

32. Leona Lewis, Bleeding Love - 200,614

these are the 7 artists and their songs to achieve two 200k weeks on the Digital Sales chart:

Rihanna feat. Jay-Z - Umbrella (3 weeks over 200k)

Flo Rida - Low

Alicia Keys - No One

Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girls

Justin Timberlake feat. TI - Sexy Back

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake- 4 Minutes

(thanks to lostprophet on ukmix.org who posted the original list of all 313 songs over 100k on March 23rd)

Edited by danny1999

we'll see, it may not rebound but only stabilize... seeing that it continues its fall close to USHER's level now...

Isn’t she going to be promoting her new single Bye Bye by then?

Ps: I'm in work right now and I can't be concentrated :chuckle:

Isn’t she going to be promoting her new single Bye Bye by then?

Bye Bye isn't really that good but there is wisdom in releasing it as a 2nd single...

MIMI knows that her album is still fresh and that might rub in some success to Bye Bye...

then follow it up with a sure smash in MIGRATE which they know will be a hit, voila, you have 3 #1s...

then follow up the huge success of MIGRATE with another generic song from E=MC2, 4 hits...

Yes, she's going to perform Bye Bye at Oprah and Idol...

So I read here a few hours ago that 4M is probably #3 again. (behind Mariah and Leona)

But I just read on another forum that according to billboard 4M is #2 this week.

what are the airplay and download stats for all 3 on this weeks Hot 100(Madonna, Mariah, and Leona)

Guest Bad Robot

Had no idea that so few songs had passed 200k in a week. Seems like much more.

Pretty amazing that 4M stands a good shot of having a 3rd week above 200k and joining Umbrella (and probably Leona) as having the most weeks above 200k of any song ever.

Guest Bad Robot

If the Hot 100 was sales only, the following Madonna songs would not have hit #1:

Crazy For You

Live to Tell

Open Your Heart

This Used to Be My Playground

Take A Bow

Instead, we would add these songs to the #1 list (all of them post-2000, when single sales had gotten so low that you could hit #1 on the sales chart with just a couple thousand sold):

Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

Nothing Fails

--after this, switching to digital sales--

Hung Up

4 Minutes

And if digital sales had been included in 03/04, Nothing Fails would have never hit #1.

So, it doesn't really benefit Madonna, and you'd end up with far less iconic songs (DAD, NF) at #1 in place of hugely memorable hits (LFY, LTT, OYH).

um ok than am i the only one that think billboard should change there sales back to a majority sales chart again or what since digital sales r good an d just include physical with it and a lil airplay i mean if they must

No, you're not the only one. Despite this, a white artist must manage to be played in other big formats like RHY & URB. :nocomment:

If the Hot 100 was sales only, the following Madonna songs would not have hit #1:

Crazy For You

Live to Tell

Open Your Heart

This Used to Be My Playground

Take A Bow

Instead, we would add these songs to the #1 list (all of them post-2000, when single sales had gotten so low that you could hit #1 on the sales chart with just a couple thousand sold):

Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

Nothing Fails

--after this, switching to digital sales--

Hung Up

4 Minutes

And if digital sales had been included in 03/04, Nothing Fails would have never hit #1.

So, it doesn't really benefit Madonna, and you'd end up with far less iconic songs (DAD, NF) at #1 in place of hugely memorable hits (LFY, LTT, OYH).

Interesting! From what I understand though it seems radio really was the ONLY way to make or break a song/artist 10 years ago and greater. So it's importance in compiling the charts was a little more justified. In the 80's Top 40 seemed to consist of everything from veteran acts like Stevie Wonder, Rolling Stones, Diana Ross to newer acts like Madonna, Prince, New Kids On The Block etc. Radio was instrumental in the comeback of Tina Turner at age 44 and Cher at age 52. Can you honestly see Top 40 radio even giving the new NKOTB song a chance at all to even make it?? Or say the new Donna Summer song? It just seems a lot different to me nowadays in that regard. Tina Turner had never really had a bonafide hit song on her own yet they gave her a chance in 1984. Yet someone like Madonna who has more hit songs than anybody just about has to practically beg to get her songs played in 2008....something just isn't right with that.

By no means do I think a song like NF deserved to top the Hot 100 as NOBODY knows it. That was a very awkward period and I can understand why radio was still instrumental in compiling the Hot 100. What else could they do? Now that they have figured out a way to add digital though, IMO (from what I understand about how all of this works) that should be 90% while radio should be 10%. It's all about the internet now and BB seems kind of ancient trying to hold on to what used to be relevant. People don't sit around and request songs and wait for their radio station to play it so they can tape it onto a cassette tape like they used to. The only way I think it would be justified in this day and age to allow radio to have such a big say would be if they could find a way to compile the stats of satellite radio.

Guest iMisto

Maybe something like 50% sales, 30% internet, and 20% radio??

Cause honestly, radio is CONTROLLED like a mutha fucka! Seriously, I literally CALLED my local radio station to request 4M a couple weeks back, and they said, "Sure!".. and they NEVER played it... so I called again and asked if they 'just don't play Madonna', and the bitch LIED to me. She said, "oh, we play it all the time!!".. Whatever.

Sales, and internet, however, are based on the consumer.

Guest vermicious knid

^^ That is pretty much what happened with me too. The lady said it was on their playlist, but I have never seen it on the recently played list on their website. She also told me she would play it and she didn't.

Guest iMisto
^^ That is pretty much what happened with me too. The lady said it was on their playlist, but I have never seen it on the recently played list on their website. She also told me she would play it and she didn't.

WTF? Isn't there some place that we can report that shit? Shouldn't that be a violation of some sort? Doesn't BB look into that kind of stuff?? Cause it's really not fair...

from bks at Pulse

BILLBOARD HOT 100 - TOP 10

1 1 CAREY*MARIAH TOUCH MY BODY

4 2 LEWIS*LEONA BLEEDING LOVE - SINGLE

3 3 MADONNA FEATURING J 4 MINUTES

7 4 LIL WAYNE FEATURING LOLLIPOP

2 5 USHER FEATURING YOU LOVE IN THIS CLUB

6 6 RAY J FEAT. YUNG BERG SEXY CAN I

5 7 JORDIN SPARKS DUET NO AIR - STILL BULLETED

8 8 CHRIS BROWN WITH YOU

9 9 SARA BAREILLES LOVE SONG

10 10 FLO RIDA LOW/JEALOUS

Most people listen to Internet radios instead of broadcasted radio. The only time I listen to broadcasted radio is in my car, and 80% of the time I'm listening to a CD, not radio ;)

What about when the CD single gets released.. would it have a chance then? What if when the album is sold on itunes would that count? because 4 min is included in the album?

What about when the CD single gets released.. would it have a chance then? What if when the album is sold on itunes would that count? because 4 min is included in the album?

All of our chart experts in here say that typically the current single of an artist usually sees a spike in sales the week of the albums release. So, I'd say that would be the next major shot at it rising to the top. I know Janet's Feedback had a resurgence when Discipline was released, actually I think that's when it peaked at #19 on the Hot 100 and rose into the Top 10 on itunes. If somebody buys the full HC album it will not count as a sale to 4M, only if they buy the individual track.

again, at least its not Mimi @#1 M #2 lol! Anythin better than that. I think Leona has a VERY good shot at takin over next week and for weeks to come...song is serioulsy getting hotter by the minute weeks after it hit #1 lol

All of our chart experts in here say that typically the current single of an artist usually sees a spike in sales the week of the albums release. So, I'd say that would be the next major shot at it rising to the top. I know Janet's Feedback had a resurgence when Discipline was released, actually I think that's when it peaked at #19 on the Hot 100 and rose into the Top 10 on itunes. If somebody buys the full HC album it will not count as a sale to 4M, only if they buy the individual track.

Feedback got a spike in sales during the album release, TRUE...

but don't forget to mention how extensive JANET's TV promo that week and even the 2nd week of release...

I don't think the remixes can make the difference.

when the remixes for HU were released she had her highest sales weeks for downloads which in turn propelled the song to # 7 on the charts for 2 weeks so yes it is very possible that they can make a difference.

HU downloads.......

Week-By-Week Individual Download Sales:

Nov 05, 2005: 29,550

Nov 12, 2005: 23,891

Nov 19, 2005: 18,990

Nov 26, 2005: 34,394

Dec 03, 2005: 47,440 # 7 on Billboard (the week the remixes were released to Itunes)

Dec 10, 2005: 51,237 # 7 on Billboard

also, as we get closer to the album release i think sales for the deluxe version will increase again which means whoever buys it gets the song immediately and that counts as well. of course it's all conjecture but i really feel that the song has a good chance to nab the #1 spot in the upcoming weeks. if it doesn't, #3 is just fine.

Guest Bad Robot
when the remixes for HU were released she had her highest sales weeks for downloads which in turn propelled the song to # 7 on the charts for 2 weeks so yes it is very possible that they can make a difference.

HU downloads.......

Week-By-Week Individual Download Sales:

Nov 05, 2005: 29,550

Nov 12, 2005: 23,891

Nov 19, 2005: 18,990

Nov 26, 2005: 34,394

Dec 03, 2005: 47,440 # 7 on Billboard (the week the remixes were released to Itunes)

Dec 10, 2005: 51,237 # 7 on Billboard

also, as we get closer to the album release i think sales for the deluxe version will increase again which means whoever buys it gets the song immediately and that counts as well. of course it's all conjecture but i really feel that the song has a good chance to nab the #1 spot in the upcoming weeks. if it doesn't, #3 is just fine.

Dec 3 was also the week that COADF debuted -- and digital sales usually spike then anyway.

Dec 3 was also the week that COADF debuted -- and digital sales usually spike then anyway.

i thought the album was released on November 15th?

Guest Bad Robot
i thought the album was released on November 15th?

Yes.

But the BB chart week of Nov 14-20 was reflected in the Dec 3 issue.

Just as it is only April 9 but we are currently seeing the April 19 BB charts, which reflected sales from March 31-April 6. The BB charts are dated 13 days after the last day of the sales week.

Yes.

But the BB chart week of Nov 14-20 was reflected in the Dec 3 issue.

Just as it is only April 9 but we are currently seeing the April 19 BB charts, which reflected sales from March 31-April 6. The BB charts are dated 13 days after the last day of the sales week.

gracias! :thumbsup:

Guest Bad Robot

The top 20 digital sellers this week sold 1920k copies.

The top 20 airplay songs had 1456M audience impressions.

Leaving out audio/video streams, that means sales accounted for 57% and airplay for 43%.

More realistically, it probably broke down as 55% sales + 5% streams + 40% airplay.

Sales already count the most.

Guest Bad Robot

Looking at the top ten:

#1 Mariah: #4 sales + #2 airplay

#2 Leona: #2 sales + #9 airplay

#3 Madonna: #1 sales + #30 airplay

#4 Lil Wayne: #3 sales + #10 airplay

#5 Usher: #5 sales + #1 airplay

#6 Ray J: #7 sales + #4 airplay

#7 Jordin: #6 sales + #5 airplay

#8 Chris Brown: #19 sales + #3 airplay

#9 Sara Bareilles: #12 sales + #6 airlpay

#10 Flo Rida: #13 sales + #7 airplay

The top 7 in sales match the top 7 on the Hot 100, just rearranged a bit.