"4 Minutes" on the Billboard Charts

thebigham

Guest Borderline

see...if she really wanted a number 1 song.. it had to feature Young Jeezy, Lil' Wayne, or T-Pain... apparently.

I dont believe her chances of 'EVER' having a #1 again is completely eradicated.

4M and all future M songs will continually encounter the same obstacle.

AIRPLAY!

However, timing is everthing. Had the Madonna people done their research, they could have used timing as a bonus tool and then released 4m. I think releasing a song the same week as MARIAH CAREY is ludicrous.

Next, time better mgmt is needed (for chart position only)

I think she will climb again or sustain sales for next 3 weeks:

- Remixes Out

- Physical single is out (10.000 copies are still some points to add to sales)

- Album is out and lot of people will buy a few selected tracks instead of the package

Meanwhile airplay will probably continuing to slowly grow...

CROSS YOUR FINGERS!

Guest marsha
No US Number 1 ever again for Madge then. Oh well, at least she tried.

Don't say that! you're negative. everything is still possible. anyway I hate Billboard, corrupted, cretinous, crap, crimson clown system

Guest marsha
Too soon to tell.

If it doesn't hit #1 by the week of the album release, then we can say at that point her chances are pretty much gone.

of course! :clap:

Guest marsha
I dont believe her chances of 'EVER' having a #1 again is completely eradicated.

4M and all future M songs will continually encounter the same obstacle.

AIRPLAY!

However, timing is everthing. Had the Madonna people done their research, they could have used timing as a bonus tool and then released 4m. I think releasing a song the same week as MARIAH CAREY is ludicrous.

Next, time better mgmt is needed (for chart position only)

stop weaklings, IT IS NOT OVER! damned

Guest marsha
PEOPLE WANT THIS SONG (SALES), WHY RADIO DONT PLAY IT?

That's the question Hamlet, you're so right

And people want this song ( sales + requests and rates)

time to replace Billboard north korean system with a fair one

actually... MARIAH is the one who delayed her song release one week to coincide with 4 MINUTES, or at least her record company did...

Guest marsha
actually... MARIAH is the one who delayed her song release one week to coincide with 4 MINUTES, or at least her record company did...

the sow !

Edited by marsha

Guest iMisto

I doubt she did it on purpose to coincide with Madonna's single.

More than likely, she picked the week that she guessed would be her peak in airplay. It's a good idea....

Anyway, must apologize for my 'bitter' comment I left earlier. I was in class... in a pissy mood, on my phone, when I wrote it. lol

I, personally, will NOT give up on the song, but my expectations are being lowered drastically. Some good news, I hear the song on Kiss FM, as soon as I stepped in my car at 3pm. Lots of peeps driving around that time!! Ooooh, and they have been promoting the song by offering CIS tickets to her next concert! Crazy stuff guys!

Guest Bad Robot

It's official, 4 Minutes falls to #7:

BILLBOARD HOT 100 - TOP 50

2 1 LEWIS*LEONA BLEEDING LOVE - SINGLE

4 2 LIL WAYNE FEATURING LOLLIPOP

7 3 JORDIN SPARKS DUET NO AIR

5 4 USHER FEATURING YOU LOVE IN THIS CLUB

1 5 CAREY*MARIAH TOUCH MY BODY

6 6 RAY J FEAT. YUNG BERG SEXY CAN I

3 7 MADONNA FEATURING J 4 MINUTES

8 8 CHRIS BROWN WITH YOU

9 9 SARA BAREILLES LOVE SONG

10 10 FLO RIDA LOW/JEALOUS

Guest iMisto

8 8 CHRIS BROWN WITH YOU

:americanlife: wtf!!! I hate American radio.... it doesn't even make sense! Madonna's song has been selling like crazy, number 1 on iTunes, for HOW LONG NOW?? And she only gets number 7!

Is there a way people can write BB? Ack! :rant:

Guest jamesshot
:americanlife: wtf!!! I hate American radio.... it doesn't even make sense! Madonna's song has been selling like crazy, number 1 on iTunes, for HOW LONG NOW?? And she only gets number 7!

I agree. The song is obviously striking a chord with a sizable proportion of the audience that hears it. Its callback numbers are great. Why should it not get more play?

Do country songs chart on the HOT 100 even when they aren't crossovers? They surely can get enough AI from country stations to get enough points to make it in the lower rung. If they can't chart, then why? Is the only criteria that POP or TOP 40 stations play them, no matter how much? Seems to be a stacked deck against anything rock/pop/country.

8 8 CHRIS BROWN WITH YOU

the songs from #1-#7 are close with each other - 24,000 chart pts above esp #4-#7, Chris Brown is just around 16,000 chart pts...

that's 8,000 chart pt difference between MADONNA and CHRIS BROWN... M may be able to maintain her bullet...

it's just a very tight competition for spot #3 so M fans, don't throw in your panties just yet...

Guest marsha

fuckin' hate US radio but won't let down!!!! ancient out-moded Billboard will fall back

Guest iMisto
fuckin' hate US radio but won't let down!!!! ancient out-moded Billboard will fall back

It just sucks because Madge has missed out on how many number 1's ALREADY??? Jesus...

Guest Bad Robot

Nearly every radio station regardless of format is tracked.

You all need to stop complaining about Billboard. They have no control over what radio plays.

If you think sales are all that's important, then Madonna has already scored a #1 there.

If you hate Billboard, then IGNORE BILLBOARD. You're making this forum incredibly unpleasant with this complain-a-thon.

Guest iMisto
You're making this forum incredibly unpleasant with this complain-a-thon.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"complain-a-thon" !!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

He's speaking some truth you guys! Rather than complain, we either need to CHEAT(ie. stream the video with autoclick), request like CRAZY at radio, vote for the video wherever possible, and/or buy multiple copies! There is SO much we can do, as individuals. I can't even count the number of people who bought the single because of me, or the number of people that have PROMISED to buy the album when it drops!!

I wish we had an entire thread dedicated to this effort... and I wish people actually got organized and involved! It's NOT that hard. Think of the time we spend reading through these forums?? We COULD make a difference. We COULD.

:think:

I wish we had an entire thread dedicated to this effort... and I wish people actually got organized and involved! It's NOT that hard. Think of the time we spend reading through these forums?? We COULD make a difference. We COULD.

:think:

we have that Fan promo thread...

Guest marsha
the songs from #1-#7 are close with each other - 24,000 chart pts above esp #4-#7, Chris Brown is just around 16,000 chart pts...

that's 8,000 chart pt difference between MADONNA and CHRIS BROWN... M may be able to maintain her bullet...

it's just a very tight competition for spot #3 so M fans, don't throw in your panties just yet...

:thumbsup:

won't throw in panties til' the very end, the slimest hope, even tinny tinny. wel'll fight! come on bravehearts, let's disloge Mimi from #1, even if she's heavy, not easy to moove the bitch. next week, and week after it's Madge vs Mariah Dopey for #1. NOT OVER

8 8 CHRIS BROWN WITH YOU

:lmao::lmao: what stupid billboard charts. I would never imagine a single selling 200,000 copies placing at #7. What a joke. What happened to those days where madonna peaks at #2 without even having sales or airplay in the top five (i'm talking about frozen...)?

I wonder how this chart would look if the ratio between sales and airplay is only slightly tilted more to sales...

Guest marsha

You all need to stop complaining about Billboard. They have no control over what radio plays.

If you think sales are all that's important, then Madonna has already scored a #1 there.

If you hate Billboard, then IGNORE BILLBOARD. You're making this forum incredibly unpleasant with this complain-a-thon.

No. Do you own BB stocks? ;-) why do we need to stop complaining? want to hate Billboard but can't ignore it's the official chart. they have no control but can change the rules when it's obvious it sucks. they can divide airplay much more, include requests...

One man, one vote ;-)

Edited by marsha

Anyway...... disappointing to see such a sharp drop despite outstanding sales. Any chance of the Top 6 declining next week in airplay? I don't see any fast rising songs that could hit Top 5. It's time for Usher & Mariah to start declining at radio while Madge continues to gain.

In 1998 when Billboard began allowing airplay-only songs to chart, it expanded the Hot 100 Airplay chart to include pretty much all radio stations (including urban and country, among others). Before then, the airplay chart was more limited.

while it is really unfair not to include other formats and stations in the airplay chart, I am beginning to think that sales should have more weight than it is right now because i think sales tell us what the public really wants... we all know radio stations are commanded by radio programmers...

enough with this callout research, 4M's #1 there yet it's having a hard time climbing POP stations, WHY? It should be the fans who actually buy the music that should be given more weight... radio play is dictated by program directors, how many are they? definitely a less than actual music buyers...

Guest marsha

Bad Robot, we could do this forum incredibly boring just being ecstatic like hippies after smoking pokes;-) But got your point, we have to be positive and enjoy good news. yes, 4M is doing great and it's a wonderful time. hope more but it'll remain something to remember whatever happens now.

Edited by marsha

Guest marsha
while it is really unfair not to include other formats and stations in the airplay chart, I am beginning to think that sales should have more weight than it is right now because i think sales tell us what the public really wants... we all know radio stations are commanded by radio programmers...

enough with this callout research, 4M's #1 there yet it's having a hard time climbing POP stations, WHY? It should be the fans who actually buy the music that should be given more weight... radio play is dictated by program directors, how many are they? definitely a less than actual music buyers...

well said.