MADAME X: official reviews are in: MADAME X is a hit with the critics!

11 minutes ago, side_streets said:

A feminist! 👌👍✊

Who has never done anything close to feminism.  if anyone else would do what she does (shake her ass) and label it feminism, it would be dragged. Beyonce is the most overhyped, overrated, pretentious and uninvolved singer in the world.  the funny thing is: she doesnt contribute anything to the work. She literally hires a team who does everything for her. This isnt a rumor or something written by “haters”, it’s a fact.

32 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

One song doesnt ruin an album- pitchfork knows that. Theyll totally blast her for Killers, but thats not the end of the world. Their critique of Rebel Heart was that it was mishmashed and done-before. Madame X sounds like it has a thoughtful vibe and is woven more carefully than rebel heart. So i dont think a 5.5 rating is written in stone. Really. If I had to predict, it will be high sixes, maybe 6.6 or 6.7. Which is a great score. 

That would be a great score -- for Pitchfork, but for overall ratings, it is not

33 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Nope, it's 300/5 

3 - 5

x- 100 

300/5= 60

I stand corrected, now if you'll excuse me I shall grab my "Math for dummies" book...yikes!!

Just now, Nikki said:

Who has never done anything close to feminism.  if anyone else would do what she does (shake her ass) and label it feminism, it would be dragged. Beyonce is the most overhyped, overrated, pretentious and uninvolved singer in the world.  the funny thing is: she doesnt contribute anything to the work. She literally hires a team who does everything for her. This isnt a rumor or something written by “haters”, it’s a fact.

Everything is true! Although I like her music, I still think that she is the most overhyped pop singer ever and she takes herself too seriously which is not a good thing. Michael Jackson had the same issue. 

1 minute ago, peppermint said:

I stand corrected, now if you'll excuse me I shall grab my "Math for dummies" book...yikes!!

I'm very bad at math, but the rule of three is very commonly used in journalism. And percentages increase too. 

7 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Who has never done anything close to feminism. 

But she stood in front of a screen that displayed the word FEMINIST.

Oh.

Thirst is REAL now!!! :drama:

Weird, strange, psychedelic, hypnotizing.....a Bohemian Rhapsody comparison......are all things I LOVE to hear regarding the sound of a Madonna album.

This is going to be an epic musical journey. 6/14 can't get here fast enough now!!

14 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Everything is true! Although I like her music, I still think that she is the most overhyped pop singer ever and she takes herself too seriously which is not a good thing. Michael Jackson had the same issue. 

Shes from a very privileged family who gave her all the chances to become a star. It’s not so different from gaga’s childhood. They had the connections in the industry. She lived in a huge mansion as a little girl, and used to talk down about POC from “the street” (saying she’s not like those from the hood) and said her christian beliefs wouldnt let her support gay relations. That she has “standards”. (Yes, her words). Then there’s the overrated husband with the homophobic lyrics.. they get prestigeous awards for being gay advocates today. Sorry for the rant.. I could go on.. But none of that matters, of course..

10 minutes ago, acko said:

But she stood in front of a screen that displayed the word FEMINIST.

Oh.

It’s crazy. Perhaps if she gave an interesting interview or speech sometime.. but no.. it’s just the “feminist” on the screen and blabbing about being so much richer than everyone else with her billionaire husband at the louvre.. and all of that to music she had no hand in making. It’s insane when you think about it.. she has to be the most superficial and empty celebrity of our time.

1 hour ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I remember reading a few months ago how Pitchfork has some new owners or something. They have been giving pop albums much higher scores in the past year. So hope is not lost.

That could be good. I looked up ROL and it has an 8.1. Anything in the vicinity would be great, but not holding my breath.

I am over the moon with excitement that two tracks apparently feature piano.  I know we have some acoustic guitar on Crave at least, so now my fingers crossed that we also get strings!  

Apparently 2 stars from evening standard. ‘Redundant and utterly uncool’. 😡 A friend sent me this, I haven’t seen it myself and it’s not online yet.

2 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Apparently 2 stars from evening standard. ‘Redundant and utterly uncool’. 😡 A friend sent me this, I haven’t seen it myself and it’s not online yet.

I dont think that counts for metacritic so at least it wont effect her score.

These review scores are good even if they trot out the same tired lines we have heard ad nauseum since 1984.

Looks like we are going to get two amazing dance track bangers after all with God Control and I Don’t Search I Find! Ballads look to be Extreme Occident and Looking For Mercy (this was finally mentioned in that track by track write up from one of the publications).

Dark Ballet and Batuka sound like they will resemble nothing else in her catalogue!

Interesting that Crazy has been described in reviews like four different ways from trip hop to trap to soul ballad to upbeat.

No clue what to expect for a style from Killers Who Are Partying since the reviews just focus on the lyrics.

VERY intrigued by Come Alive.

8 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Any review that scores it that low at this point, with all the other reviews we have so far, clearly hates her and her music and shouldn't be reviewing a Madonna album in the first place. With all the glowing scores so far, in spite of some of the clear hatred for her in some of them, yet the music is undeniably good, a 2 star review is from some cunt with an agenda and it's rather  transparent, wouldn't you say?

I just wanna read some indiscretions and reactions before the record comes out.. I don't care about ratings.

14 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

The text alone proves that he’s just a guy who wants madonna to make ballads and not experiment

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
7 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

I just wanna read some indiscretions and reactions before the record comes out.. I don't care about ratings.

Same here! Like someone mentioned beforehand, these reviews/scores are just among one person's opinion. Granted, they are a critic, but we do know that critics can really be off the mark.  They may influence a small minority, but for the most part her fans are going to buy her new music. From what I've read here so far, it's not too bad, and she's had far worst reviews. 

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

9 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Same here! Like someone mentioned beforehand, these reviews/scores are just among one person's opinion. Granted, they are a critic, but we do know that critics can really be off the mark.  They may influence a small minority, but for the most part her fans are going to buy her new music. From what I've read here so far, it's not too bad, and she's had far worst reviews. 

They're not too bad? They're positively glowing! Yes there are criticisms of her age, hair etc but the music is shining through. 

1 hour ago, fandonna said:

Madame X is going to be also a SJW album. can we expect a good review from pitchfolk?

they're going to destroy the shit out of killers, idk why she makes those songs... people on the left and on the right are going to read the song to filth and it's going to end up catering to no one... inb4 i'm very happy about the REALLY POSITIVE reviews, this seems like another excellent record but in regards to the lyrics on killers... maximum yikes...

9 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Exactly..at the time of WE, I remember 1 critic saying + or -.".she uses the camera and perspective as she wants to affirm: look at me, I'm a good director.." tell me if this is a critic about the movie or her persona..😂 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
3 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

They're not too bad? They're positively glowing! Yes there are criticisms of her age, hair etc but the music is shining through. 

It seems like a mix bag to me.  Sorry, I wouldn't say they are "postively glowing" since even the ones who rated her high, threw shade and didn't seem to dive into the music or listen to the songs.  That's just my personal opinion.  I'm glad some see it as "positively glowing".  For me, these reviews or ratings mean nothing to me.  In fact, this might be the first era I've read as many as I have.  I prefer to decide for myself what I like and don't like.  But yes, they can be fun to read!  Though, it's nothing I'm going to get upset over or let change my view of the new music.

28 minutes ago, Shane said:

These review scores are good even if they trot out the same tired lines we have heard ad nauseum since 1984.

Looks like we are going to get two amazing dance track bangers after all with God Control and I Don’t Search I Find! Ballads look to be Extreme Occident and Looking For Mercy (this was finally mentioned in that track by track write up from one of the publications).

Dark Ballet and Batuka sound like they will resemble nothing else in her catalogue!

Interesting that Crazy has been described in reviews like four different ways from trip hop to trap to soul ballad to upbeat.

No clue what to expect for a style from Killers Who Are Partying since the reviews just focus on the lyrics.

VERY intrigued by Come Alive.

2 amazing dance floor fillers is what the world is waiting for....hope at least one of these tracks gets the full single treatment.

Why caring about the pitchfork/folk or whaterever it is called? Just enjoy the new music that's coming our way and be grateful we get a new album. I'm sure there's something for everyone on the album. As it has Always been. Get ready.

2 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Not rushing to judge, but Killers Who Are Partying (the title alone is cringe) is looking to be the I Love New York/Spanish Lesson/Superstar/S.E.X of Madame X.

2 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Not rushing to judge, but Killers Who Are Partying (the title alone is cringe) is looking to be the I Love New York/Spanish Lesson/Superstar/S.E.X of Madame X.

Interesting!  I have already assigned Bitch I’m Loca to that category in my head :lmao: