NEWS - First look at the Material Girl collection

akurren

the jacket she is wearing is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

TRUTH.

I have to admit, this line seems edgier and more creative than her H&M stuff she did in 2007. When is she gonna do a mens line anyway?

THEY ARE NOT PHOTOSHOPPED.

sorry for the caps, but people seriously, stop thinking that everything which makes M look HOT must have been altered ;)

there's a video on accesshollywood.com which shows the video of her trying the outfit like in the pictures. She looks even hotter there than in the pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/39gbaut

THEY ARE NOT PHOTOSHOPPED.

sorry for the caps, but people seriously, stop thinking that everything which makes M look HOT must have been altered ;)

there's a video on accesshollywood.com which shows the video of her trying the outfit like in the pictures. She looks even hotter there than in the pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/39gbaut

:lol: dont be so revolted! The fact is she looks GREAT, so beyond great that you may think this is a bit altered to look best, but i have to admit she indeed looks SUPER fabulous in this shit! Maybe is the lighting, i dont know, she looks different and better :think:

:lol: dont be so revolted! The fact is she looks GREAT, so beyond great that you may think this is a bit altered to look best, but i have to admit she indeed looks SUPER fabulous in this shit! Maybe is the lighting, i dont know, she looks different and better :think:

hey give me a break I just read lola's entry, I'm still in tween world ;) lmao.

it annoys me a little when people just don't understand the importance of lighting. heck, even models have cellulite and can look very bad with a lot of very bright sunlight and look absolutely stunning in different light. i know most of you know this, but it irritates me a little when i read people's surprised reactions at how good she looks one day and how bad the next. as if people never have taken pictures with a camera before.

Madonna should be in the recording studio instead of hanging out at Macy's. We need new music.

Madonna should be in the recording studio instead of hanging out at Macy's. We need new music.

Voice of reason :clap:

Why after more than 20 years abhoring the name Material Girl and wishing she never recorded that song because it gave the public the wrong idea about her she names a clothes collection with the name Material Girl?

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I love this.

Saw a pic of L and M at some event the other day, L looks so pretty, even prettier than her Mommy :wow: so much alike.

Why after more than 20 years abhoring the name Material Girl and wishing she never recorded that song because it gave the public the wrong idea about her she names a clothes collection with the name Material Girl?

dollar-sign.jpg

Voice of reason :clap:

Thank U!

I really miss her as an ultimate pop star not as a director/Macy's worker.

Madonna should do whatever she wants to do, like most grown women.

:)

But as fans it would be nice for her to make a new record. She's already semi-retired musically. Girl should come

out of retirement and give us the dance tunes :dramatic:

Look, your opinion is perfectly valid and I'd probably prefer a new album to a new clothing line, too, BUT can we please retire the words "retired" or "semi-retired"? You keep saying that in multiple threads and it's not really accurate. She's paused her music career to work on films before and she's done plenty of fashion campaigns -- and it doesn't mean she's been "retired" before. (And despite her claim that she has no "record" deal, she has a 360-deal, which is more encompassing -- and gives her the freedom to "work" in other ways.)

Just because she's not as closely tethered to the studio right now does not mean she's given up music. A little time away should be good for her creative output, and a less glaring limelight for her should also work to her advantage WHEN she returns full force with an album (or other musical release -- EP, buzz track, whatever form that takes).

Also, let us not forget that Madonna still is the Queen of Multi-tasking. She has been known to be composing new songs while on tour, editing film documentaries while recording new songs, planning photo shoots while advancing her humanitarian efforts, etc. etc. And that's to say NOTHING about her personal life, which obviously comes with its own demands.

Sorry to jump all over one word -- but it's such an overstatement and it keeps getting posted in different threads. I felt obliged to balance things out.

Madonna looks wonderful! The line looks like its going to make a huge splash as well!

Madonna will make music when Madonna wants to make music. Quiet down and enjoy what's out there right now. She'll be back!

Dreyfoos design students size up new line from Madonna, daughter

By Staci Sturrock

July 02, 2010

When Macy’s recently unveiled sketches from Material Girl – the juniors clothing line that Madonna and her teenage daughter will launch at the department store in early August – grown-ups quickly weighed in:

"The clothes appear overly sophisticated for the demographic," wrote one fashion critic.

"Kids can get outfits like this at Forever 21 or Target or, like, 20 other stores," said a blogger.

Although the 51-year-old fashion icon has said that Material Girl reflects Lourdes’ personal style, it instantly calls to mind Madonna circa 1983, with its corsets and crucifixes, and marriage of girlie girl and tomboy.

What do shoppers in Material Girl’s target audience think? We asked teenagers who’ve studied costume design at Dreyfoos School of the Arts in West Palm Beach.

SARAH BELCHER

16-year-old rising junior from Loxahatchee:

"The line is a bit eccentric for me; I could never imagine wearing two different earrings. Nonetheless, I’m certain that several pieces of the collection will be to my liking."

EDIT FUCHS

18-year-old Dreyfoos grad from Palm Beach Gardens who will attend Tulane University:

"I’m not sure what age group this is for, but it looks a bit scandalous for 13-year-olds. I think it is better suited for the 17-18 age groups. I really like the designs, though. It is glam with a bit of an edge."

J’LYSA WILSON

16-year-old rising senior from Boynton Beach:

"The dress is absolutely fabulous. I love it. It’s very simple, but I think the fabric that was chosen is very unique and the flowers are very beautiful. I wouldn’t change anything."

THE MATERIAL GIRL LINE

Madonna and her daughter, 13-year-old Lourdes, have collaborated on Material Girl for Macy’s. The juniors brand will feature apparel, footwear, handbags and jewelry, with beauty products and fragrance expected next year. Prices will range from $12 to $40. The collection will go on sale Aug. 3 at Macys.com and at Macy’s stores in CityPlace, The Mall at Wellington Green and Town Center at Boca Raton.

http://www.pbpulse.com/style/2010/07/02/dreyfoos-design-students-size-up-new-line-from-madonna-daughter/