COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

13 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Melbourne now in stage 4 lockdown. 😪

its so depressing. We have had this second stage 3 lockdown for 4 weeks and things seem to only be getting worse, not better. I know stage 4 is necessary but six more weeks at least and now with evening curfews and essential travel within 5kms of your house only. ughhh

21 minutes ago, swimtoshore said:

its so depressing. We have had this second stage 3 lockdown for 4 weeks and things seem to only be getting worse, not better. I know stage 4 is necessary but six more weeks at least and now with evening curfews and essential travel within 5kms of your house only. ughhh

True. Why I despise the anti maskers and conspiracy nutters who gloat about not being told what to do. I cop abuse from these idiots at work all the time over the phone yelling about free will and their rights etc. Their selfish crazy behaviour is inexcusable and Is why Melbourne is in the trouble it now is in.  Stay  safe @swimtoshore XX 

If people are genuinely clueless about how to separate sensationalist news or fiction from fact, the Coronavirus Reddit is actually an excellent resource at filtering out quality news and science articles with sanity checked commentary from both medical professionals and moderators, while filtering out the political bias and hysteria that makes people tune out mainstream media and social media these days:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/

From the beginning of the pandemic in Wuhan, the core news has proven to be correct.  It's a lot, and I only skim the headlines every few days for sanity but it's a good way to keep yourself informed of developments without being overwhelmed by hysteria, information overload, or clickbait misinformation.

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

True. Why I despise the anti maskers and conspiracy nutters who gloat about not being told what to do. I cop abuse from these idiots at work all the time over the phone yelling about free will and their rights etc. Their selfish crazy behaviour is inexcusable and Is why Melbourne is in the trouble it now is in.  Stay  safe @swimtoshore XX 

You too @Jazzy Jan ❤️❤️❤️

16 hours ago, karbatal said:

I'm very sorry but I do think we are for a big surprise once we know how this virus really works. All those measures were mandatory in Spain since April/ May and since June positives are rising like crazy. It makes absolutely no sense

Here, it seems to me that many people in Denmark are no longer taking personal hygiene and physical distancing recommendations as seriously as they did a few months ago.

Furthermore, refugees and immigrants from non-European countries are significantly over-represented among new coronavirus cases in Denmark, currently accounting for more than half of all new cases. I'm not sure why that is the case.

1 hour ago, Msig said:

Here, it seems to me that many people in Denmark are no longer taking personal hygiene and physical distancing recommendations as seriously as they did a few months ago.

Furthermore, refugees and immigrants from non-European countries are significantly over-represented among new coronavirus cases in Denmark, currently accounting for more than half of all new cases. I'm not sure why that is the case.

Poverty

Bad working conditions and the lodgings offered by the firms (usually agriculture or meat processing) are shit. It happened in Germany, USA or Spain

8 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Melbourne now in stage 4 lockdown. 😪

I was just reading about that - a curfew and everything! xxx

The reading I'm doing is concluding that the only way to get a grip on this is through an elimination strategy using classic outbreak control techniques  - a robust tracking and tracing system needs to be in place to identify and isolate who has the virus during the infectious phase, keeping strict social distancing measures in place  and limiting non essential travel with strict border controls that require quarantine and contact tracing. The economy opens while the virus is circulating, but will be under control until a vaccine is found.

So Oz (and everywhere) needs to have that in place before lifting local lockdowns or it'll just be pointless in the long term

51 minutes ago, Kim said:

I was just reading about that - a curfew and everything! xxx

The reading I'm doing is concluding that the only way to get a grip on this is through an elimination strategy using classic outbreak control techniques  - a robust tracking and tracing system needs to be in place to identify and isolate who has the virus during the infectious phase, keeping strict social distancing measures in place  and limiting non essential travel with strict border controls that require quarantine and contact tracing. The economy opens while the virus is circulating, but will be under control until a vaccine is found.

So Oz (and everywhere) needs to have that in place before lifting local lockdowns or it'll just be pointless in the long term

Thanks Kim.  

It is depressing but totally necessary to social distance, stay home, wear masks and be vigilant with hand washing etc. There has to be complete cooperation from the public and no tolerance for idiots who break these rules. Australians need to be all on board to fight this. 

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Thanks Kim.  

It is depressing but totally necessary to social distance, stay home, wear masks and be vigilant with hand washing etc. There has to be complete cooperation from the public and no tolerance for idiots who break these rules. Australians need to be all on board to fight this. 

Take good care and I hope the lockdown ends soon. 

What a nightmare

7 minutes ago, acko said:

people and their social media should just go and choke on a bag of cocks.

I swear I'm almost ready for a cabin in the woods life.

I know me too 

But I will need my vinyl and CD collection with me as well as my books 

On 8/2/2020 at 2:04 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

I think those people who yell about free will and their rights for not taking the virus seriously should be denied medical treatment. Plus i dont understand why they would call 000 in the first place just to say that.

5 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

I think those people who yell about free will and their rights for not taking the virus seriously should be denied medical treatment. Plus i dont understand why they would call 000 in the first place just to say that.

Yes, they are so annoying, entitled and moronic. People call 000 to whine and rant all the time and all year round, 

I don't understand why it is so hard to understand that it has NOTHING to do with rights and everything to do with a life threatening and fast spreading virus .

It's such morbid way of thinking . If you go to a country that has mosquitoes and malaria , will you not put put on mosquito repellent lotion/ spray ? 

Do they even know that you need vaccines if they wish to visit certain countries in the world ? Yellow fever , Typhoid ,Hepatitis A & B , Polio etc .

Or do they just want to stay in their own insular world ?

Now the virus is coming to YOUR country so you must protect yourself by wearing masks / washing hands and socially distancing yourself as much as possible.

If you think it's your right to choose to be infected by not following the logical guideline then I think medical personals also have the right to choose not

to treat you.

As for ALL those conspiracy theories , people must have a lot of free time . I suggest they read up this :-

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/coronavirus-fallout-from-singapore-conference-spreads-across-europe

And that's just from ONE conference .

I read a quote recently saying that " A lot of people are feeling unproductive during Covid-19 but believe me if you successfully infect ZERO people with

the virus you've been extremely productive ."

7 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

I don't understand why it is so hard to understand that it has NOTHING to do with rights and everything to do with a life threatening and fast spreading virus .

It's such morbid way of thinking . If you go to a country that has mosquitoes and malaria , will you not put put on mosquito repellent lotion/ spray ? 

Do they even know that you need vaccines if they wish to visit certain countries in the world ? Yellow fever , Typhoid ,Hepatitis A & B , Polio etc .

Or do they just want to stay in their own insular world ?

Now the virus is coming to YOUR country so you must protect yourself by wearing masks / washing hands and socially distancing yourself as much as possible.

If you think it's your right to choose to be infected by not following the logical guideline then I think medical personals also have the right to choose not

to treat you.

As for ALL those conspiracy theories , people must have a lot of free time . I suggest they read up this :-

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/coronavirus-fallout-from-singapore-conference-spreads-across-europe

And that's just from ONE conference .

I read a quote recently saying that " A lot of people are feeling unproductive during Covid-19 but believe me if you successfully infect ZERO people with

the virus you've been extremely productive ."

Because people are stupid. Ive lost faith in humanity. Its peoples fault that its only getting worse and worse. And their response is simply “stop being a sheep”.

2 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

Because people are stupid. Ive lost faith in humanity. Its peoples fault that its only getting worse and worse. And their response is simply “stop being a sheep”.

Stop being a sheep and get Covid-19 and die ????

I spoke to my friends in UK and some of them were asking for death rates . They kept saying " Well how many people have died ?  Not that many is it ? ".

Then they said " Oh we don't know anyone who has it or have had it . "

I mean I don't know anyone who died of the great plague of London either but it doesn't mean it didn't happen or that it wasn't real .

People are just nuts .

45 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Stop being a sheep and get Covid-19 and die ????

I spoke to my friends in UK and some of them were asking for death rates . They kept saying " Well how many people have died ?  Not that many is it ? ".

Then they said " Oh we don't know anyone who has it or have had it . "

I mean I don't know anyone who died of the great plague of London either but it doesn't mean it didn't happen or that it wasn't real .

People are just nuts .

I know. Australians are very bad, always people who refuse to get tested because they think its a conspiracy, protests and people arguing that covid is harmless or is fake spreaded by the government for control. 

49 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

I know. Australians are very bad, always people who refuse to get tested because they think its a conspiracy, protests and people arguing that covid is harmless or is fake spreaded by the government for control. 

The conspiracy theorists need to stop . Period . 

5 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

I also hate this world. People only care about themselves. Nobody is willing to help other people and offer jobs to people in need and help make peoples dreams come true. 

No wonder why many people are pushed to drugs these days because of this cruel world. 

I wish i was never born so i wouldn’t have to experience the cruelty of this world. Being born into this world is a massive curse

Ermmm .... do you really mean that ? I've seen a lot of kindness ( many on this forum ) during this trying time . 

I think it's called living . It's life . Just have to deal with it really . 

I was trying to state how much i hate this world (not the people here) using examples as to why this cold world is bad. Yes people on this forum are wondeful. Ive been banned on every other forum ive been on for being annoying but this is the only forum where i can freely be myself without ever being banned. Even tho some people find me irritating as denace the menace lol 

It wasn’t meant to be a “poor me” post lol 

I'm not just talking about people on this forum . There are a lot of kindness in the world at the moment . Maybe not where you are but I see people helping each other out . We ( my family and I ) are helping out some friends who have lost their jobs due to covid .

Doctors , nurses and medical personals are working tirelessly to save lives.

That's kindness .

I pray for all Australian members here, them and their loved ones safety. I find it incredible how in certain countries, rural middle America in particular and their bizarre evangelical mentality and moronic God Protect America (protect from whom? From America itself?) it seems putting a mask on and maintaining social distancing seems like such an affront on free will

It is also other people actually following rules that help everyone that also want "to enjoy their right to free will" but I doubt those people understand the actual meaning of the phrase

On 8/4/2020 at 5:31 PM, Butter9 said:

I'm not just talking about people on this forum . There are a lot of kindness in the world at the moment . Maybe not where you are but I see people helping each other out . We ( my family and I ) are helping out some friends who have lost their jobs due to covid .

Doctors , nurses and medical personals are working tirelessly to save lives.

That's kindness .

I completely agree with you. I've seen to my surprise many examples of that in my area too

2 hours ago, XXL said:

I completely agree with you. I've seen to my surprise many examples of that in my area too

Same here . In Thailand at the height of Covid-19 , the people started putting these ' Lets share our happiness ' cabinets everywhere all over the country .

Basically they are cabinets where people can put anything from food , medicine , masks etc for the less unfortunate people who couldn't afford them . They can take as much or as little as

they want from the cabinets and you can contribute as much or as little ( or nothing ) as you want .

Things like that , for me , is a good reminder that we are not completely useless as human race .

On 8/2/2020 at 10:54 AM, Msig said:

I think that for those countries that have done a real lockdown from the word go, it is understandable, I'm not saying justifiable, much less non sanctionable, to want to get back to a state of festivity and a sense of being in the company peers etc. Here in Italy it's mostly teenagers or early 20 yo you would find responsible in these localised clusters.

As a matter of fact, notwithstanding the fact that Italy was hit first and the hardest, and the hardest at the core of its true Northern economical heart it came into phase of easing of restrictions very gradually and to this day it's the country in Europe with the lowest figures, new spikes of course I know but it happened in Germany and France too. When people lose sight of the goal and the situation things start going to the toilet again