Jump to content

Brexit / British politics thread 🤡


Suedehead
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Wullie's many affairs aren't anything new, but the revelations of him taking big giant strap ons up the arse is! 😅

The Charlie stuff was conveniently released after Wills had been trending for days on end. The various PR teams in the palace hate each other almost as much as the family itself does!

They seem more and more similar to The Windsors tv series the more is revealed :rotfl:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2022 at 7:49 AM, Kim said:

It strikes me the post above sounds overwhelmingly negative :chuckle:

:rotfl: Not to worry love - I am starting my Master's next month so it's ALL SET, luckily not going to Fraserburgh though as it appears to have been blown off-shore.

gvge5syou6f91.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, MadFan said:

:rotfl: Not to worry love - I am starting my Master's next month so it's ALL SET, luckily not going to Fraserburgh though as it appears to have been blown off-shore.

gvge5syou6f91.jpg

Oh nice, which Uni?

Ha, Fraserburgh's better off in the sea, tbh! but how very on-brand of BBC Scotchland 

...the lovely JUDITH looking her usual coquettish self I see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s so incredibly hot this summer in Spain that I would move to that Fraserbourgh in the middle of the North See right now . I would be the happiest cleaning lady 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I would be the happiest cleaning lady 

I'm sure..

tumblr_inline_p7ir3fCcDV1qlt39u_250.gifv

We had our hottest day on record last month - 35C ish which I know is an everyday occurrence for y'all.

Some places will probably be uninhabitable at some point due to the heat - scary stuff!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Should we close this thread? I don’t want any of you in jail 

 

I was reading that earlier. These two really are trying to out cunt each other to see who can be the most foul, ultra right wing authoritarian. 

I think dimwit Lizzie is still the front runner for the job though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

I was reading that earlier. These two really are trying to out cunt each other to see who can be the most foul, ultra right wing authoritarian. 

I think dimwit Lizzie is still the front runner for the job though.

 

I didn’t know Geri Halliwell was a Tory supporter! I saw a picture of her with that Lizzie woman! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I didn’t know Geri Halliwell was a Tory supporter! I saw a picture of her with that Lizzie woman! 

Yes, also posed with that foul Nadine Dorries thicko (even dumber than Liz if you can believe it) who's historically voted against every single piece of LGBT legislation.

But she's a famous Tory anyway - silly bitch compared 'girl power' to Thatcherism and called Churchill the first Spice Girl :manson:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Yes, also posed with that foul Nadine Dorries thicko (even dumber than Liz if you can believe it) who's historically voted against every single piece of LGBT legislation.

But she's a famous Tory anyway - silly bitch compared 'girl power' to Thatcherism and called Churchill the first Spice Girl :manson:

The Spice girls always seemed dumb to me.  Completely manufactured and the only one with any real talent is Sporty Spice.  All of this girl power stuff was more the suits behind the scenes creating them.  Never found them remotely empowering as they kept getting described as - they did have some good catchy songs though.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The Spice girls always seemed dumb to me.  Completely manufactured and the only one with any real talent is Sporty Spice.  All of this girl power stuff was more the suits behind the scenes creating them.  Never found them remotely empowering as they kept getting described as - they did have some good catchy songs though.  

Same! A lot of manufactured nonsense for little girls and teenage gays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Same! A lot of manufactured nonsense for little girls and teenage gays.

My brother was telling me about Posh Spice Victoria Beckham and how she wanted to stop a football team Peterborough United from using their nickname "The Posh"   Even though they were called that for decades.  She opposed them registering the name.  Seriously, what a stupid vain idiot. 

I remember them saying Margaret Thatcher was a spice girl and empowering etc.  I often wonder how there are so many incredibly talented singers and entertainers in the world and people with either little or no talent become stars.  I put the Spice girls in that category ( excluding Sporty Spice who I think has talent )  and it shocked me how many flocked to their reunion concert.   Scary Spice is always in Australia hosting something and is now one of the judges on The Masked singer.  We are like her second home. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

My brother was telling me about Posh Spice Victoria Beckham and how she wanted to stop a football team Peterborough United from using their nickname "The Posh"   Even though they were called that for decades.  She opposed them registering the name.  Seriously, what a stupid vain idiot. 

I remember them saying Margaret Thatcher was a spice girl and empowering etc.  I often wonder how there are so many incredibly talented singers and entertainers in the world and people with either little or no talent become stars.  I put the Spice girls in that category ( excluding Sporty Spice who I think has talent )  and it shocked me how many flocked to their reunion concert.   Scary Spice is always in Australia hosting something and is now one of the judges on The Masked singer.  We are like her second home. 

Sporty seems to be the most down to earth one but unfortunately I find her voice quite unpleasant. They don't even have a camp factor for me - just went straight from manufactured corporate trash to middle aged housewives. 

There seems to be a conveyor belt of the same old faces doing the rounds on these talent shows. I liked X Factor back in the day, but what a lot of contrived shite, really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Spice Girls were a really great group for like the two years that lasted. Manufactured or not they were so impressive that they are still incredibly great. As persons I admit I have no idea about them but truth is that most manufactured artists are usually incredibly stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I think Spice Girls were a really great group

That's like finding out your Dad listens to S Club Juniors.

I quite liked Girls Aloud, but I don't think they were in any way impressive. 

I see this as similar to Harry Potter. Everyone being told to like something even though they know it's actually really derivative shite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kim said:

That's like finding out your Dad listens to S Club Juniors.

I quite liked Girls Aloud, but I don't think they were in any way impressive. 

I see this as similar to Harry Potter. Everyone being told to like something even though they know it's actually really derivative shite.

Yes I understand. I guess its what Jazzy says, they had very catchy songs and that makes them seem better.

i think they seem bigger to me because music was so DIRE with so much grunge and angst and suddenly bam!!!! Pure pop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve been these last two weeks in Bulgaria on holidays and I’m surprised at the amount of Bulgarians who have come back from uk or planning to do so. They can’t with the change of society since brexit and nowadays they say the cost of living and lack of products is unbearable. Mind that they are returning from one supposedly rich country to the poorest EU country and leaving good jobs. Not good as in doctor or architect but office jobs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I’ve been these last two weeks in Bulgaria on holidays and I’m surprised at the amount of Bulgarians who have come back from uk or planning to do so. They can’t with the change of society since brexit and nowadays they say the cost of living and lack of products is unbearable. Mind that they are returning from one supposedly rich country to the poorest EU country and leaving good jobs. Not good as in doctor or architect but office jobs.

Tell them to come to Germany. We are in desperate need of workers in basically almost all fields of work. Of course, usually they will need to speak German decently. And another issue: housing. It has become a nightmare to get an (affordable) apartment, especially in larger cities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Tell them to come to Germany. We are in desperate need of workers in basically almost all fields of work. Of course, usually they will need to speak German decently. And another issue: housing. It has become a nightmare to get an (affordable) apartment, especially in larger cities. 

Taking into account the demographical disaster that experience many eastern countries due to immigration I sincerely hope they come back to Bulgaria. I really hope most immigrants have the possibility to decide to go back home because being an immigrant (not the posh expat) is incredibly hard and it drains psychologically a lot, not to mention how it affects the economy of the country. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Tell them to come to Germany. We are in desperate need of workers in basically almost all fields of work. Of course, usually they will need to speak German decently. And another issue: housing. It has become a nightmare to get an (affordable) apartment, especially in larger cities. 

And about the housing… the capitalist system is so incredibly doomed to fail that I wouldn’t be surprised if immigrants from the EU leave Germany too. In the very end if you have to live miserably after paying your flat and energy bills you better go back to your country. Most EU migrants have their own (already paid) flats at home and usually a family villa in the country. Snobs in rich countries would be surprised how many  properties they have home those migrants from poorer countries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remote working is creating a big shift in migration too btw. You can now work for a German company in call service and do it in another country and get a really good salary if you speak good German. I was speaking with a girl the other day: ahe speaks really good German and English and she’s earning an incredibly high salary in Bulgaria. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Kim said:

This Aussie queen has turned her attention to the UK. Every word of it spot on.

 

 

15 hours ago, karbatal said:

Omg :lmao:

😂😂😂😂

Kim and Karbatal, I love how they are now doing their “honest government’ political satire skits in the UK and the USA too now. They are so clever and funny. Plus frightening spot on.  Every point they always make is true. Do you love their attempt at English accent 😂 so proud of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2022 at 3:58 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

 

😂😂😂😂

Kim and Karbatal, I love how they are now doing their “honest government’ political satire skits in the UK and the USA too now. They are so clever and funny. Plus frightening spot on.  Every point they always make is true. Do you love their attempt at English accent 😂 so proud of them. 

The scomo shoutout in the credits :lmao:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Emotionless Liz Truss says she would unleash nuclear annihilation if necessary

The Tory frontrunner told a hustings event in Birmingham that ordering the use of nuclear weapons is an "important part of being Prime Minister"

By Dave BurkeSenior News Reporter | 22:23, 23 Aug 2022

Tory leadership frontrunner Liz Truss said she would be willing to unleash nuclear war if she becomes Prime Minister.  :crazy: 

The Foreign Secretary - who looks increasingly likely to succeed Boris Johnson in the top office - tonight said she was "ready" to hit the nuclear button if needed - even though it would mean "global annihilation".

She made the remark at a hustings event in Birmingham, when she was quizzed by host John Pienaar about the daunting decision she could face.

Mr Pienaar said he would feel "physically sick" at the prospect, but Ms Truss appeared emotionless as she said she would order the launch of nuclear weapons.

Addressing a hustings event comprising of Tory party faithful at the NEC in Birmingham, Ms Truss said the ominous choice is "an important duty of the Prime Minister".
 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/emotionless-liz-truss-says-would-27816744#comments-wrapper

 

Let's see...

Russia has 6300 nuclear war head, 1458 ready to be deployed

UK has 120 "operationally available" nuclear weapon, 40 ready to be deployed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...