MadonnaNation.com Forums

Brexit / British politics thread 🤡

Suedehead

I don't understand. I was always under the impression that only the Queen can declare someone a Lord or that Lord is actually a title that can only be inherited since they are the British aristocracy? Whereas almost everyone can become a sir or dame. For achievements in the arts or sports for instance. 

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And what about that horrible human Tim Martin of JD Wetherspoon pubs? That huge brexiteer now crying since he has not enough staff because there is no access to EU workforce. That idiot now wants easy access for EU citizens to the British labor market. Well, I guess, to the minimum wage labor market. Jobs no Brit wants to accept. His stupidity is astounding. And can you imagine working as a European, most likely with an accent, at one of those pubs, serving Brexiteers, most likely even bullied by. Now that's what I call a toxic atmosphere. 

26 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I don't understand. I was always under the impression that only the Queen can declare someone a Lord or that Lord is actually a title that can only be inherited since they are the British aristocracy? Whereas almost everyone can become a sir or dame. For achievements in the arts or sports for instance. 

No they're a mixture of peerages (hereditary) and govt appointed that Lizzie just signs off like she does everything. 

25 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

And what about that horrible human Tim Martin of JD Wetherspoon pubs? That huge brexiteer now crying since he has not enough staff because there is no access to EU workforce. That idiot now wants easy access for EU citizens to the British labor market. Well, I guess, to the minimum wage labor market. Jobs no Brit wants to accept. His stupidity is astounding. And can you imagine working as a European, most likely with an accent, at one of those pubs, serving Brexiteers, most likely even bullied by. Now that's what I call a toxic atmosphere. 

I suspect this is what a lot of them wanted - the cheap labour but without the rules and protections of the EU.