God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

My theory is that the video starts with Madame X writing that intro manifesto, then getting ready for the club. They all get shot, then Madame X “wakes up,” it was all some twisted hideous fantasy or dream 

I’m nervous about this video but I know it’s probably gonna be great 

OMG, this is gonna be so good! I can't believe it's coming out tomorrow already. I seriously hope she performs this at Pride over the weekend... It would be the perfect occasion to premiere the first live performance of the song.

Cannot wait for this video. It is going to be epic!

In consideration of the creation and storyline of Madame X--and I don't want this to come across as flippant--does anyone think that in this shooting, is where Madame X loses her eye? 

Just now, headonfire said:

OMG, this is gonna be so good! I can't believe it's coming out tomorrow already. I seriously hope she performs this at Pride over the weekend... It would be the perfect occasion to premiere the first live performance of the song.

Same. I’m absolutely not holding my breath though 

10 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

I know!

In fact they should have kept the M NYC pop store open until tomorrow and premiered there on the big screen with fans getting together and having a DJ playing Madame X songs and remixes, and then have all the funds of the event go  to charity supporting gun control 😎

Another great idea. You’d think that her team would be as savvy and creative as well. 

In all fairness to her team, though, it has gotten a lot better this era. Improvements are still needed however. 

One thing I'm curious is why she always drops the videos on Wednesdays? Not complaining, because I can't wait for this video, but she could maximise the views at the start of the charting week and release it on Fridays! 🤷‍♂️

I guess she must be really at a stage when she doesn't care much about getting a hit song, because if she was, releasing on Fridays would be the logical move, and Interscope would advise her to do just that.

Just now, headonfire said:

One thing I'm curious is why she always drops the videos on Wednesdays? Not complaining, because I can't wait for this video, but she could maximise the views at the start of the charting week and release it on Fridays! 🤷‍♂️

I guess she must be really at a stage when she doesn't care much about getting a hit song, because if she was, releasing on Fridays would be the logical move, and Interscope would advise her to do just that.

Probably to maximize views and press coverage (both more potent in the weekdays).

1 hour ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

My theory is that the video starts with Madame X writing that intro manifesto, then getting ready for the club. They all get shot, then Madame X “wakes up,” it was all some twisted hideous fantasy or dream 

Or maybe it'll end up being a play a la Like A Prayer video.

"They say that we need love

But we need more than this! "💪💪💪

It's amazing how I can relate to this song.

The lyrics somehow describe my shitty country and its society perfectly.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
2 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Interesting!  Though, I have a feeling it's just going to start off like you mentioned with the manifesto and then off to the disco everyone goes, giving the viewer a happy glow feeling and then "BAM!"  the tragic ending.  *video ends*.  Possibly some inscription at the end about gun control.

I'm very curious how the video will go because right from the start of the song, the lyrics go dark where she's gritting her teeth before it goes disco. 

This will be epic. Shit is probably going to hit the fan in the U.S. when the gunslingers get a whiff of this. 

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

These lyrics give me chills and fear!

Everybody knows the damn truth
Our nation lied, we've lost respect
When we wake up, what can we do
Get the kids ready, take them to school

9 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

These lyrics give me chills and fear!

Everybody knows the damn truth
Our nation lied, we've lost respect
When we wake up, what can we do
Get the kids ready, take them to school

The whispered vocals towards the end of this song. Exactly this part! 

59 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Shit is probably going to hit the fan in the U.S. when the gunslingers get a whiff of this. 

Good.

57 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I have a feeling we’re in for quite a ride after the video premieres tomorrow. Hope everyone in this fanbase is ready!

This.

Brace yourself now. She ain't playing safe this time around.