"Ciao Bella" Thread

I thought the non English part was a sample perhaps, but he was actually in the studio with Madonna, and he sang words that she told him to.  She didn't even choose the words by the way they sounded, that is just how it worked out. 

On 7/10/2019 at 6:44 PM, Narendra Sen said:

Sometimes I feel...

PUSHED

:wow:  :wow: 

Ok, that part is kind of amazing. 

That part is everything!!! The best part on MadameX.

13 hours ago, Stephen said:

This song would be garbage without Kimi :lmao: 

Wanting to add: ^^ A fact that would never be grasped by garbage snowflakes who demand for the garbage "Madonna-only" versions 

• 4 weeks later...

This is still one of the best Madame X songs for me, its a crime that it's just a bonus track.

I've removed Faz and Loca from my playlist as they are inferior to the 3 bonus tracks.

Even Crave is one I skip, the bass is too loud in the mix and the production isn't as good on this as the rest of the album.

On 7/21/2019 at 3:55 PM, Shaun said:

WHAT IS THE BIZARRE OBSESSION WITH MADONNA-ONLY VERSIONS OF SONGS THAT ARE STUNNING IN THEIR INTENDED FORM?!?! 

It's especially worrying when it's focused on getting rid of black male collaborators.

On 8/15/2019 at 10:27 PM, rocknrolla said:

This should have at least been on the deluxe version, not on some obscure box set where very few people will hear it

I agree. Extreme Occident and Looking For Mercy should have been on the regular edition. Ciao Bella should have been on the deluxe edition. If I hadn't imported the super deluxe, I would have never heard it! Are the bonus tracks still not on digital and streaming services? What the heck?

"Bella ciao" ("Goodbye beautiful") is an Italian folk song that was adopted as an anthem of the anti-fascist resistance. It was used by the Italian partisans between 1943 and 1945 during the Italian Resistance, or the resistance of Italian partisans against the Nazi German forces occupying Italy, and during the Italian Civil War, or the Italian partisan struggle against the fascist Italian Social Republic and its Nazi German allies. "Bella ciao" is used worldwide as an anti-fascist hymn of freedom and resistance. The song has much older origins though in the hardships of the mondina women, the paddy field workers in the late 19th century who sang it as a protest against harsh working conditions in the paddy fields in North Italy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bella_ciao

Is Madonna's Bella Ciao a throwback to this resistance anthem? Her family is Italian so she probably knows the song since ever and the current political state of the world (USA) reminds the fascism of the past, so it kinda makes sense. Agree?

Have finally started coming around to this song this week. I was so focused on the album for so long that I never really got around to fully digesting the bonus tracks. Still in the middle on the other two but really starting to like Ciao Bella.

Now need to dive into all the remixes for MX songs.

Bitch I'm Loca and Come Alive should've been the bonus tracks instead of Funana and Ciao Bella

6 minutes ago, Gothewhole9 said:

Extreme occidental and killers who are partying should have been the bonus tracks instead of this and back that up to the beat.

You mean the fado inspired songs that were at the origin of the album? 

Edited by potheo

1 hour ago, Gothewhole9 said:

Extreme occidental and killers who are partying should have been the bonus tracks instead of this and back that up to the beat.

Nah. It's Killers, Bitch I'm Loca and BTUTTB that needed to be the leftovers bonus. Funana and Ciao Bella deserved to be part of the standard edition;

01. God Control
02. Dark Ballet
03. Future
04. Batuka
05. Medellín
06. Come Alive
07. Ciao Bella
08. Crazy
09. Funana
10. Faz Gostoso
12. Extreme Occident
13. I Rise
14. I Don't Search I Find
15. Looking for Mercy

6 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

Bitch I'm Loca and Come Alive should've been the bonus tracks instead of Funana and Ciao Bella

No. I agree with Bitch I'm Loca but I really like Come Alive. I'm not a fan of Crazy. I'd be ok with that one as a bonus.

2 hours ago, Gothewhole9 said:

What? No! Those are two of my favorites!

15 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

I feel like Come Alive is the centrepiece of the album.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:47 PM, Rugbyguy said:

I feel like Come Alive is the centrepiece of the album.

Absolutely. Crave, Crazy, Come Alive and Extreme Occident is my favorite run of songs. 

On 8/28/2019 at 10:52 AM, rebelheart said:

You mean Bitch I'm Loca & Faz Gostoso!:thumbsup:

totally agree... Come Alive is essential, one of the best tracks for me but these two really don't do anything for me.