"I Rise" thread

Tracy says Madonna texted her after her win:

What were some of the standout texts?

Well of course I texted Madonna, because she’s been somebody that I’ve not only aspired to be like as far as being an artist – she’s always pushing the envelope and growing and learning – but the remix was of her song. She texted back right away like, “Congratulations!” with a bunch of emojis. She’s happy. She’s super proud. She’s been an amazing support and has given me a lot of opportunities.

We’ve spoken before about how this was a full circle moment for you two, as Madonna helped give you your start and now you’ve had this win together.

That’s what made this even more special, and the song being such an LGBTQ driven song and last year being the 50-year anniversary of Stonewall. It just feels perfect to be nominated for this song. Winning is just the bonus.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/8549472/tracy-young-madonna-remix-grammy-win-interview

• 1 month later...

2020 Grammy winner Tracy Young opens up about Grammy win, and Madonna remix

Acclaimed DJ Tracy Young chatted with Digital Journal about her 2020 Grammy win for “Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical.”

She took home the 2020 Grammy Award for “Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical” for Madonna’s “I Rise” (Tracy Young’s Pride Into Radio Remix). “I never thought I would be nominated, so I was just getting used to that, and now I won so it’s another blessing,” she said.

“All of the tracks I was nominated alongside were great, so I was a fan of those,” she admitted. “I think the fact that mine was a Madonna remix helped, but again, I never really expected the win, and I was okay with that since the nomination felt like I already had one.”

“I loved the Madame X album, and in particular, I loved ‘I Rise,’ so I wanted to do a version for the dance-floor. The best part was that this remix happened organically. That’s why this song was really special to me. Also, the song is important in its original form,” she added.

With this Grammy nomination and win, Young made music history since she was the first female remixer and producer to ever be nominated and to subsequently win this competitive Grammy category. “That was amazing. Just to be recognized felt like such a win. The support and the love I have been receiving, as a result, is overwhelming. I really do feel the love and it’s an unbelievable feeling,” she said.

“I texted Madonna after the win, telling her that we won, and she texted me back saying ‘Congratulations.’ Madonna has been such a supporter in my whole career,” Young said.

In 2000, Young served as a DJ for Madonna’s wedding to Guy Ritchie.

On being an artist in the digital age, she said, “I am still getting used to the digital age since it moves quickly. It’s very different now and there is so much music now.”

For Young, some of the most defining moments in her career were the trials and tribulations that she went through, and the moments that she wasn’t winning awards. “When you are struggling to get work, and when people are telling you ‘no.’ Those are the moments that defined me. Everybody gets rejected in this career,” she said.

Regarding her plans for 2020, she shared that she will be focusing on PrideFest and new music. “I feel very inspired and I will be released a bunch of music,” she said. “Also, I would like to work on original music with some of the artists that I’ve remixed for. I want to explore those opportunities.”

On the title of the current chapter of her life, she said, “Self-love.”

For young and aspiring DJs and producers, she encouraged them to work hard and be proactive. “I am living proof of the career that I’ve had as long as I have. I’ve had some really low moments even after having achieved so much. Just continue and don’t give up if this is what you want to do. Work hard and know your craft,” she said.

The Grammy award-winning DJ defined the word success as “being able to make a living doing something that you love.”

Tracy Young remixes of Madonna’s “I Rise” are available on Apple Music.

For more information on esteemed DJ and producer Tracy Young, check out her official website and her Facebook page.

https://ravermag.com/2020-grammy-winner-tracy-young-opens-up-about-grammy-win-and-madonna-remix/

This is the one song on the album that I’m still trying to like. For some reason can’t really connect to it. 

4 hours ago, Katypatra said:

This is the one song on the album that I’m still trying to like. For some reason can’t really connect to it. 

ok. thanks for sharing. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2020 at 2:53 PM, Suedehead said:

I love this song so much 

Me too.. I even get emotional at the end. It means a lot to so many people who have risen after and built up a self steem by themselves.

Love this song so much, never got it when people said they don't like it.

• 4 weeks later...